Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tennis Discussion Thread

244K views 7K replies 141 participants last post by  Nige™ 
#1 ·

Hot off the heels of an amazing French Open, the men and women now turn to the grass courts of Wimbledon. Can Rafa continue with his momentum, or can Novak wrestle it back? Can Federer rise up and collect another slam? Can Murray get a breakthrough slam in front of his home crowd? Will there be a darkhorse shocker like Tomic :side: to come through and take the world by storm?

I'm thoroughly looking forward to this event, it's my favourite slam and I'm really hoping to see some great tennis on display. As far as the ladies go, you'd have to think Sharapova, Kvitova, Serena, Azarenka etc will all be in the mix, Stosur a slight chance provided she doesn't choke it up in monumental fashion, and well, who knows with the women, Wozniacki might even break through and break her duck.

June 25th, can't come soon enough.

See less See more
#3,180 ·
Watson beating Radwanksa is possible for sure, but I don't expect it. Heather Watsons still improving and these slam matches against top players will only be good for her. If she plays very well then she's got a shot.

Think I'm gonna stay up to watch Murray's match tonight, I don't have work tomorrow :) although Serena's is on at the same time...I wanted to watch both.

#3,181 ·
I'm staying up to watch, then college, and then i'll sleep when i get home for a bit.

I'll start with the Tsonga match, then i'll see whats on for the rest after thats finished.

Allez Jo!!!

#3,186 ·
I've got him to win in 3 unless he doesn't play too well. I think he'll win either way though. He's been playing a lot better since Rasheed became his coach. Should be too strong for Soeda.

Tsonga in 3
Federer in 3
Del Potro in 3
Murray in 3
Brands in 5- My somewhat bold prediction
Azarenka in 2
Serena in 2
Kvitova in 3

In selected matches

#3,187 ·
I think Tsonga should really win in three unless he has some kind of mental lapse, I predict a comfortable win for him, Murray, Federer and Del Potro today, as well as for Serena. Kvitova/Robson might be close, OR Kvitova might just blow Robson away, could go either way.

#3,189 ·
Funny how the top 3 womens seeds have blown everyone away so far.

In the live rankings, Serena is now number 1 ,where she belongs.

Good win for Jo, especially when behind in the 2nd. Allez Jo!!!

Del Po Starts soon, and so does Federer. F****ing College :mad:

#3,195 ·
Federer beats Davdydenko 6-3,6-4,6-4. Good performance from him. He did make a a number of unforced errors in this match though, which is a bit worrying. I hope he cuts the unforced errors down in the later stages of the tournament.

I hope Federer annihilates him.

#3,196 ·
I think the 'if he makes it far' comment from Tomic was taken a bit out of context, he went on to say that players (himself included) have to take tournaments one match at a time, so a third round clash may not be something they were both thinking about. He won't win against Federer though, he MIGHT take a set although I'd consider it unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.