Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Am I the only one disappointed with Austin Aries?

View Single Post

Old 09-25-2012, 07:54 PM   #27 (permalink)
Kewf1988
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER

Kewf1988 should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsKewf1988 should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsKewf1988 should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsKewf1988 should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsKewf1988 should be embarassed if they have more than 50 posts
Default Re: Am I the only one disappointed with Austin Aries?

Quote:
Originally Posted by necrosapien87 View Post
My whole thing wasn't about defending the title. The 1 title defense was an example of a lack of attention to the world champion. It seems like they are more concerned with Aces and 8's story and bumping up the Tag Division (which needs it) rather than show that Austin Aries is a true champion. Hell, even Cena wrestles on the shows every now and then when he is champ. All ive seen Aries do is get into "fights" with A/8 and get knocked the hell out. I actually liked him better before he was champ
Well, Austin rarely wrestled outside of PPV as champ in 99, and Hogan only wrestled on PPV outside of the occasional SNME when he was the biggest draw in wrestling. Be glad that Aries is on TV, has an interesting matchup at the biggest PPV of the year, and is closing the shows, which is the most important thing (Punk's only started closing Raw since feuding with Cena and Sheamus is closing Smackdown but is in a VERY dull feud with ADR). If it weren't for the BFG series, Aces and Eights, and the arm "injury" he'd probably be wrestling more. Fighting a member of Aces and Eights at No Surrender is better than having a title match with someone like Gunner where the winner would be too obvious just for the sake of having one.
Kewf1988 is offline   Reply With Quote