Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Am I the only one disappointed with Austin Aries?

View Single Post

Old 09-25-2012, 05:28 PM   #25 (permalink)
dastardly
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER

dastardly 501 - 1000dastardly 501 - 1000dastardly 501 - 1000dastardly 501 - 1000dastardly 501 - 1000dastardly 501 - 1000dastardly 501 - 1000
Default Re: Am I the only one disappointed with Austin Aries?

Yeah, Aries personally has been great. But TNA sort of flubbed it by trying to do Aces and 8s, the BFG series AND have a new World Champ, all at the same time.

Roode was great, but I prefer Aries as a performer. Yet Roode's reign was better because he really seemed to dominate the show - everything and everyone seemed to revolve around him. Aries has had a lot of screen time but hasn't really been allowed to do much with it as it's all been about pushing forward unrelated storylines (like Aces and 8s) rather then establishing him as champ.

Hopefully, once BFG is out of the way they can focus on that. He's been champ for 2 months now yet he's only really fought Roode, Ray and Joe. There are so many dream matches he could have (AJ, Daniels, Angle) and so many good feuds they could develop, I really hope they let him have them rather than making him drop the belt too soon.
dastardly is offline   Reply With Quote