Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - WWE 2005: Raising the Bar.

View Single Post

Old 09-25-2012, 05:17 PM   #184 (permalink)
Melvis
The Knight

Melvis 4001 - 4500Melvis 4001 - 4500Melvis 4001 - 4500Melvis 4001 - 4500Melvis 4001 - 4500Melvis 4001 - 4500Melvis 4001 - 4500Melvis 4001 - 4500Melvis 4001 - 4500Melvis 4001 - 4500Melvis 4001 - 4500
Default Re: WWE 2005: Raising the Bar.

Prediction Template:

10. World Heavyweight Championship:
Special Guest Referee
: Shawn Michaels
Batista(c) vs Kane

I think HBK needs to be put under pressure even more, and for that, I think we need Bischoff to say 'win the title yourself and give it to me' rather than necessarily having Kane take it from Batista, and that's presumably going to come after HBK reluctantly counts the three post-Batista Bomb. Plus, as much as Kane has looked damn good in the build-up, I don't think he's much of a champion and I doubt you want him carrying the show. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think there's more possibilities with Batista with the strap for now.

9. WWE Championship:
John Cena(c) vs Kurt Angle

As with 'Tista, I see no reason for Cena's reign to end here. I think a loss for Angle, one where he can't make the excuses he's been falling back on in previous shows, paves the way for a more aggressive character for him and I think you'll enjoy writing him like that. Cena to retain here, but Angle to push him all the way.

8. If Ric Flair loses, he must retire:
Christian w/Tomko vs Ric Flair

Christian has been one of your best characters on display, but I just don't think he's big enough to end Flair, and certainly not on a non-Wrestlemania stage. If you look back on Flair's legacy, it simply can't end at Summerslam to Christian, no matter how personal it's become. Flair to overcome the odds and keep his career alive.

7. Randy Orton vs The Undertaker

Could definitely see a big money Orton/Cena feud in the works, and what better way to set Orton up as the next challenger than taking down the Deadman? Especially after Orton's mind games (and occasional weakness to mind games) in the build-up, this is his chance to put it all behind him and just show himself to be a 'we-have-to-hate-him' badass.

6. Money in the Bank Contract:
Edge vs Chris Jericho

The one I can't really call. Jericho with the contract would make for interesting reading, and a breath of fresh air, but this was Edge's time to break out and I want to see how you put your own spin on it.

1. WWE United States Championship:
Matt Hardy(c) vs Carlito

There's been some good back-and-forth between the two, really getting to the deep-seated issues with one another's position in the card (I think Hardy had a line about Carlito not being able to back up all the hype, and that's when the feud took some more meaning for me), and although I think they'll both look strong, Hardy needs to solidify this reign with a few hard-fought defences.

5. WWE Intercontinental Championship:
Muhammad Hassan(c) vs Shelton Benjamin

Gonna reluctantly agree with the non-King above me and say Benjamin fails so Haas can succeed.

3. John Bradshaw Layfield vs Bobby Lashley

I remember BkB doing something similar with these two guys, such naturally-opposing characters, and I'm going to assume you'll follow in the great man's footsteps by having Lashley roll on here.

2. 8 Man Tag Team Match:
The Dudley Boyz and The Basham Brothers vs Ken Doane and Nick Nemeth; The Platform to Perfection and Sonjay Dutt and Daivari; The Arabian Entity

Can't see any of the heels eating the pin, tbh.

4. No Holds Barred Match:
Mark Jindrak w/William Regal vs Big Show

Because you seem high on him, but I am yet unconvinced. We shall see.

Bonus Questions:

1) What will be the match order? Randomly, I had a go.
2) How many championships will change hands? Being a 'long title reign' guy, I doubt I said any... nope, none.
3) Who will take the fall in the 8 Man Tag Team Match? Generic Basham number one.
4) What will be the longest match? Cena/Angle, because they can make use of the time.
5) What will be the shortest match
? Out of mercy for your readers, Show/Jindrak.

This looks like a cracker. Looking forward to it.