Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - NFL Thread: RAVENS SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

View Single Post

Old 09-24-2012, 05:21 PM   #2295 (permalink)
Glass Shatters
Humbled

Glass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a push
Default re: NFL Thread: Week 4 - RIP Steve Sabol GOAT - Anyone see that GB/Sea game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMister View Post
PI is always controversial. I don't think we should ever cite instances of this.

I'm gonna be controversial myself and say these guys haven't done a bad job considering where they've come from. HOWEVER, they never should've been put here in the first place. If you're a multi-billion dollar business, fucking pay your employees if they want a raise and have contributed to the well being of the business. Referees, though we bitch about them, do really well and really have contributed to the NFL's prosperity. It's absurd.

In other words I agree with what I think is your overall sentiment. This is the NFL's fault, not the replacement refs themselves.
I read a pretty good article a while back breaking down what's on the table here during these negotiations. Surprisingly, the NFLRA wants double the increase what the NFL is offering, but that's not the main issue at point. Apparently, the NFLRA is willing to sacrifice such a huge raise for the issues that follow.

The two big issues are the NFL wanting to expand their official referee crews from 17 to 20 which would give each referee crew 2 bye weeks during the season instead of 1, which means two less checks per year/per ref. Also, the referee's want a 401k for retirement. It might just be me, but that is absurd considering they work regular jobs and then referee on the weekends 1 day a week 6 months out of the year.

Last edited by Glass Shatters : 09-24-2012 at 05:27 PM.