Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Tennis Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 09-24-2012, 12:08 PM   #1984 (permalink)
Seabs
"There's eleven esť!"

Seabs is a GOD/GODDESSSeabs is a GOD/GODDESSSeabs is a GOD/GODDESSSeabs is a GOD/GODDESSSeabs is a GOD/GODDESSSeabs is a GOD/GODDESSSeabs is a GOD/GODDESSSeabs is a GOD/GODDESSSeabs is a GOD/GODDESSSeabs is a GOD/GODDESSSeabs is a GOD/GODDESS
Default re: Tennis Discussion Thread

Schiavone's playing better right than you give her credit for. You don't get to the Quarters of a slam, beat Kvitova in style and be outplaying Sharapova until shitty weather halted her without being in good form.

Experience plays a big part in it too, not just mental fragility. Many of the less experience and lesser able players choke and can't convert the big points. That's a large part of what makes the elite players the elite, that ability to win the points that really matter. How often do players break a better player than themselves and then lose their serve straight back to them. Same for converting break/set/match points. That's the sort of thing that will come with more experience at a higher level playing singles. Doubles is a totally different match and not just playing on a wider court with a partner.

Robson up to #57 Top 50 by the end of the season should be plausible now and then maybe a seeding for Wimbledon? I was partly trolling Murray fans when I said she'll win a slam before Murray but I do honestly think she'll reach a Slam Semi in the next 2 years once she starts getting easier draws. Outside of Serena and probably Azarenka, all the womens players are very beatable on any given day.