Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - C3K Presents: WWE - Pride & War
View Single Post
post #38 of (permalink) Old 09-23-2012, 05:38 PM
C3K
---

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Re: Calum Presents: WWE 2009 - The Fear That's In Your Eyes

As always, massive thanks to Jamjam for the feedback.

I expect I'll post a Backlash preview on either Tuesday or Wednesday, so until then I'd appreciate no predictions until I post the template. Cheers, and enjoy SmackDown.

WWE SmackDown – 1st May 2009

SmackDown begins this week with the usual opening video, which features the best and brightest of the brand, and the last picture is of John Cena with the World Heavyweight Championship before we sweep into the arena. The arena is lit up with a barrage of amazing fireworks coming from the stage, lighting up the arena, after the fireworks stop – we sweep around the arena, checking out the SmackDown faithful. After a few seconds, where the theme music plays in the background and the fans die down, we throw it to the announce table where our favourite trio are waiting.

Jim Ross: Hello everybody and welcome to another jam packed episode of Friday Night SmackDown! My name is Jim Ross, and joining me tonight is my colleagues – Matt Striker and Todd Grisham.

Todd Grisham: Thank you, J.R, indeed my name is Todd Grisham and we have a fantastic show lined up. On the match front, we have a huge tag team match-up between the current WWE United States Champion, R-Truth and M-V-P teaming up to face Shelton Benjamin and Chavo Guerrero.

Matt Striker: That’s right everybody, a brilliant tag team match scheduled for tonight. The current United States Champion teams with the former United States Champion. But that’s not all we have for you tonight – Gail Kim will face off against the intimidating Natalya just a couple of days before she faces the WWE Divas Champion Maryse at Backlash.

Jim Ross: That will be a huge challenge for Gail in the lead up to Backlash, and no doubt Maryse will be watching intently.

The SmackDown theme music dies down, and the anticipation begins to build as the fans wait to see what is about to happen. After a couple of seconds of sheer silence...

*NO MORE WORDS*

The crowd go absolutely crazy as they rise to their feet and cheer their favourite Hardy – Jeff Hardy. The man himself appears on the stage, wearing a pair of jeans and a t-shirt, he hops on the spot for a bit before walking forward and setting of his pyro to a massive response from the fans. After which, he starts to walk down the ramp, slapping hands with his fans on the way down to the ring.

Justin Roberts: Ladies and gentleman... please welcome to the ring... JEFF HARDY!

Jim Ross: Jeff Hardy has had a hell of a few months. He’s been WWE Champion, only for it to be ripped away from him at the Royal Rumble by his brother, Matt Hardy.

Todd Grisham: It was then that we found out that Matt has been the man who was attacking Jeff before the Rumble also, by setting of his pyro at the right time and throwing him down a stair well.

Matt Striker: Yes, Matt certainly sent a message to his brother, but now Jeff will get a chance to send one just now, as it looks like he is going to be speaking to us.

Jim Ross: (graphic of Matt vs. Jeff at Backlash comes up) Speaking of getting revenge, Jeff will get another chance at Backlash in just a couple of days time when he faces his brother in a match they helped create – Tables, Ladders and Chairs!

Jeff walks around the ring to the opposite side from the stage; he kneels down and reaches underneath the ring. Striker asks what is he doing on commentary before Hardy pulls out a steel ladder! The fans agree with his move as they cheer him on, Jeff slides the ladder into the ring, before turning around and grabbing a microphone from the timekeeper. Once in the ring, Jeff sets the ladder up, right bang in the middle, he climbs slowly – before turning around and sitting down on the top of it.

Jeff Hardy: Y’know...

Hardy stops in his tracks as his fans begin to chant his name, which he responds with a nod before continuing to speak...

Jeff Hardy: Y’know... just a few months ago, I was WWE Champion.

Fantastic pop as the fans remember Hardy as champion...

Jeff Hardy: When I was a kid... I used to wrestle in my back yard... with my brother...

The arena responds to the mention of Matt with a chorus of heat, so big that it stops Hardy from speaking...

Jeff Hardy: I dreamed of being World Champion, I pretended to be World Champion in my yard, jumping off ladders onto bed mattresses, and then holding up a cardboard title that I made. I done this for a long time, after school I would look at myself in the mirror, with the title on my shoulder and knew it’s what I wanted to be... Jeff Hardy... World Champion.

Jeff pause for a second and looks around the arena...

Jeff Hardy: Matt and I pretended to be World Champions. But then... after years of being involved in wrestling... we did it... no more pretendin’... we were champions. I achieved my dream of being World Champion and Matt was the ECW Champion. We were both extremely successful; I was on top of the world.

Jeff looks down from the ladder to the ground...

Jeff Hardy: But then... then it all came crashing down.

Hardy shakes his head...

Jeff Hardy: After I won the WWE Championship, strange things started happening to me. I was attacked and thrown down a flight of stairs. My girlfriend and I were run of the road by another car. Somebody set off my pyrotechnics at the wrong time, so I was in the middle of them. But all of that pales to what happened next... my WWE Championship was torn away from me.

Heat from the crowd...

Jeff Hardy: My brother cost me the WWE Championship, the thing that I pretended to have when I was young, the thing that he knew just how much I wanted to have. He cost me the thing I worked my career to have. Sure... y’know I’ve made some mistakes in my career. But I made amends, I changed... I made up for my mistakes. But like I said... I made amends to have a chance to win the World Championship; I won it... for myself... for you guys... and for my family.

Hardy pauses for a moment, while staring down at the microphone...

Jeff Hardy: Or so I thought. My championship was taken away from me by my own brother. I found out that he was the cause of all the bad things that happened to me during those few months. He was the cause of everything which happened to me... my dog... to my girlfriend and the torment he caused our father when they found out his two boys will be fightin’.

Jeff is getting audibly getting more aggressive in his tone...

Jeff Hardy: Matt says he isn’t jealous of what I’ve achieved... but anybody with a brain can see he is. Listen to me Matt... I got a World Championship shot because I deserved it... I’ve made mistakes... but I rectified those... and I earned my shot... and I took it.

Nice cheer for Hardy who nods...

Jeff Hardy: Something which you haven’t done yet. You were happy sittin’ around waitin’... waitin’ for somebody to give you a chance. I didn’t do that... I made people take notice with my performances in this ring. I made the people in the back take notice.

The crowd cheer again...

Jeff Hardy: And then you finally decide to do somethin’ which gets people talkin’... that gets people to take notice of you. But the way you went about it... it was the worst way you could’ve done it. Because... in just two days time... we will be in this ring... facing off in a match that The Hardy Boyz made what it is... Tables... Ladders... Chairs... T-L-C!

Hardy smiles to himself while the fans cheer extremely loudly...

Jeff Hardy: All the pain and suffering which you put me through... the fact that you tore my World Championship away from me... because when I get you in this ring... a ring filled with tables and chairs and this ladder right here... all the built up rage... it will come out! And you’ll be in the same ring which will have weapons that I can use to inflict a lot of pain.

Huge cheer...

Jeff Hardy: But y’know what... what the hell... why wait? Why wait until Backlash? I think everyone in this arena wants to see you get a beatin’... I think everyone in this arena wants to see me kick your ass!

Another huge cheer while Hardy adjusts himself on the ladder so he’s facing the stage...

Jeff Hardy: Last week when I called you out... you dodged me and attacked me from behind backstage. So... be a man and come out here and face me... straight up... no tricks... face to face!

Hardy keeps the microphone in his hand as he lowers it. He stares up at the stage where there is no sign of Matt Hardy just yet, the fans are starting to groan that Matt isn’t going to face his brother... but...

*HUNT YOU DOWN*

Jeff nods at the stage while the fan initially cheers at the prospect of the show down between the brothers before turning to heat for the music of the hated Hardy. Time goes by but Matt doesn’t appear to be showing up, once again, just like last week. Jeff begins to shake his head with an extremely angry expression on his face.

Jim Ross: It seems as though Matt Hardy has dodged his brother again... for a second week running.

Todd Grisham: Do you think Matt is-

Jim Ross: HEY... LOOK OUT!

THE FANS ERUPT WITH BOOS AS MATT HARDY VAULTS THE CROWD BARRIER AND SLIDES INTO THE RING!! HE TOPPLES THE LADDER AND JEFF FALLS – NECK FIRST INTO THE TOP ROPE!! Jeff staggers around... right into a spear by his brother! Matt punches his brother... over and over again, until Jeff manages to roll them over... now Jeff is on top and he’s the one wailing on his opponent at Backlash. The crowd are cheering, watching their favourite Hardy pummelling the other one.

Jim Ross: These two are going to tear each other apart!!

???: STOP THIS!! STOP THIS RIGHT NOW!!

The cameras cut to the stage where Theodore Long is rushing out, microphone in hand and signalling for security and referees to rush the ring. The boos reign down as it takes twelve people to separate the two battling brothers. They drag them to opposite corners, but the former tag team partners continue to attempt to get at one another.

Theodore Long: Now list-

Long stops in his tracks as Matt Hardy breaks away from his holders, hops over the ladder, runs at Jeff and jumps on the top of him and the refs and guards holding him. Matt’s handlers run over and pull him off again, the two brothers are separated again but before long – Jeff launches forward, but one of Matt’s holders tackles him which allows them to pull him to the corner again.

Theodore Long: Now listen here, playas. You two want to fight so much, do ya’? Well playas’ you guys are in luck! T’night... you two will face off in a four on four tag team match. It will be Matt Hardy teaming with The Brian Kendrick, Ezekiel Jackson and Edge... facing off against the team of Jeff Hardy, The Colon’s and John Cena!

The fans cheer at the great main event made for tonight.

Theodore Long: Now, you two-

Again, Long is interrupted as both men break away from their handlers and here we go! They both club each other before even more security and referees flood out from the back. They slide into the ring and help the ones already in the ring in pulling the Hardy’s apart. The fans show their disapproval. Eventually they drag Matt Hardy out of the ring, and back him up the ramp, but the two still want to go at it, trying to break free from their holders!

Jim Ross: Things are about to get to boiling point ladies and gentleman!

Todd Grisham: These two look like they want to kill each other!

Matt Striker: Right now, there is at least fourteen men in that ring, trying to keep them separate.

Jim Ross: I’m sorry to report ladies and gentleman, but we have to go to a commercial break, as Friday Night SmackDown will roll on.

Before we go to the commercial, we hear Matt shouting “it’s my time!” and Jeff shouting on him to get back in the ring. And with that we fade to the break...

Commercials

We return to Friday Night SmackDown and receive a quick replay of what transpired earlier on, before the commercial break. When we return to the main arena, Chavo Guerrero is already in the ring with his music beginning to fade out. Then, Shelton Benjamin makes his entrance, being introduced as Chavo’s partner for the night. This tag team’s opponents show up as the former United States Champion makes his entrance first, MVP. Then his tag team partner, R-Truth the current WWE United States Champion walks out onto the stage and joins his tag team partner in the ring.

This match is the simple tag team match that you’d see on any WWE TV show. MVP has a hot start, taking it too Chavo Guerrero, backing him into the corner and hitting a few unanswered shots, before scoop slamming him and tagging in his tag team partner. R-Truth climbs to the top rope and hits a splash, getting a near fall. Truth whips Guerrero, but doesn’t realize they got the blind tag, and Shelton takes Truth from behind, clobbering him and from then the heels dominated R-Truth, with quick tags and dirty tactics. With Shelton Benjamin the legal man, R-Truth battled away and got the hot tag to MVP, he came in hot and took it to Benjamin. Knocking him down with clothesline after clothesline, MVP then hit the Ballin elbow drop, but Chavo got involved and attacked him from behind. Truth got back in the action and took Chavo over the ropes with a clothesline but he tumbled over with him. MVP was distracted by this and turned right into the Paydirt for the win.

Commercials

We return to SmackDown and we’re backstage where Tiffany is waiting for an interview. She introduces her guest as the World Heavyweight Champion, John Cena. Tiffany tells Cena that he is involved in the huge four on four tag team match, and asks what his thoughts are on it? Cena begins by saying how great Teddy Long has done by making such a huge match for later on tonight. He says that his team is huge, they have the WWE Tag Team Champions, two talented individuals in Carlito and Primo, and one of the biggest Superstars on SmackDown – Jeff Hardy. He says that he’ll go into this match, safe in the knowledge that they have a great team and they should win. He then goes on to address Edge, he says that he can’t wait to be in the same ring as Edge, just so he can get his hands on him.

We cut away from the interview area and we are in SmackDown General Manager, Theodore Long’s office. In comes Curt Hawkins and Zack Ryder and Long tells them that he wanted to speak to them, but they fire back by saying they wanted to speak to him. Ryder asks him why he keeps signing new tag teams when all the division needs is standing right in front of him, he says that they are the best tag team on this brand and they don’t need any WWE Tag Team Titles to know that. Long says that the tag team division needed some new faces, and speaking of new faces, he isn’t happy with what Curt Hawkins and Zack Ryder attempted last week. Long says that if they are the best tag team on SmackDown then they can prove it next week, when they face Tommy Dreamer and Stevie Richards in a Extreme Rules Tornado Tag Team match!

We’re now in the main arena, and ‘Hes Ma Da’ plays over the PA system and the fighting Irishman, Finlay walks out from behind the curtain. With his trusted weapon in his hand he walks down the ramp, interacting with the fans before sliding into the ring. “Crank It Up” blares out and the crowd respond with a lot of heat as Big Show, with his girlfriend, Vickie Guerrero walk out from the back – both looking very pissed off, for reasons they only know. Vickie instructs Big Show to inflict as much pain as possible on Finlay, just like she told him last week when he faced Kung Fu Naki. The match began quickly with Finlay using his experience to duck and dive, while getting in a couple of shots but it didn’t make much difference to Show. With Vickie cheering him on at ringside, Show proceeded to dominate Finlay. Hitting him with numerous high impact moves including Suplexes, Scoop Slams. But before the match ended, Finlay did mount a brief comeback but in the end Big Show was too strong for Finlay and put him away with the Chokeslam.

Commercials

We return from the commercials and are backstage, where Tiffany is waiting once again for another interview, this time she introduces her two interviewees as The Brian Kendrick and his tag team partner Ezekiel Jackson. Tiffany tells Kendrick that last week he was defeated by Carlito in their singles match. Kendrick responds by telling her that it doesn’t mean a thing, what matters is this coming Sunday, at Backlash. And as for tonight, Kendrick informs us that they are going to show why they should be mixing it with the best on SmackDown – they are the best team after all. He then concludes by saying that they’ll win the match tonight, and then at Backlash they’ll become WWE Tag Team Champions.

Back in the arena, Maryse’s music is beginning to filter out as she takes a seat at the announce table. She and the commentators begin to talk about her opponent at Backlash as Natalya’s theme blares out and she makes her way down to the ring. Following that, “Sexy and Strong” plays and Maryse’s opponent at Backlash, Gail Kim makes her entrance. The referee rings for the bell and this was a better than average WWE Diva Match. Both women got some good offense in, and at times it looked as if Natalya would get the pin fall on the challenger for the WWE Divas Champion, putting her right in the frame for a shot. But Gail would pick up the pin fall after hitting Natalya with the Eat Defeat. After the match was the main talking point though, as Maryse entered the ring and clobbered Gail from behind with the championship. The fans gave her a lot of boos as the WWE Divas Champion stood above her challenger this coming Sunday.

We then throw it backstage and the arena erupts in boos as The Rated R Superstar, Edge is walking down a corridor, looking down at the floor before noticing someone walking his way. The camera pans out as Edge stops and it’s his old rival, Matt Hardy. Edge smirks and asks Matt what he wants, Matt says that in tonight’s main event, Edge is too keep his hands off Jeff, because he wants him all to himself. Edge tells him that he can keep his screw up of a brother, because Edge doesn’t want anything to do with him, he’s got bigger fish to fry. The Rated R Superstar then instructs Matt to stay away from Cena because just like Jeff is his, Cena is Edge’s. Matt fires back by saying he can have Cena for now, but after Backlash, he doesn’t care who it is, once he beats Jeff, he’s coming for the World Heavyweight Championship and he doesn’t care who has it.

Commercials

Back on SmackDown, we are backstage where the WWE Tag Team Champions, The Colons are speaking with Brie and Nikki Bella in their locker room. The Bella’s wish Carlito and Primo work in their match tonight and they ask if they are nervous of being in the main event? Carlito smirks a little and says he is used to being the main event, because he’s been in WWE Championship matches, he’s competed against the likes of John Cena and Jeff Hardy, so it shouldn’t be a problem to him. ‘Lito then sarcastically says that it might be a problem for his brother since he’s never been in the main event before, Primo fires back by saying he’s not been in the WWE for very long, and in good spirits tells Carlito he’ll do what he couldn’t and win the World Title. It’s all in good spirits though but then the World Heavyweight Champion, John Cena comes in to the locker room. The Bella’s take their leaves as Carlito and Primo turn to face The Champ’. Cena looks at Carlito and tells him that they haven’t seen face to face on many occasions, but they need to be on the same page tonight. Carlito tells Cena that it’s true they haven’t seen eye to eye before, but he’s changed since last time Cena and him were on the same brand, and as long as Cena has his back and his brothers, then they have his back. Cena shakes hands with both the WWE Tag Team Champions before turning around and taking his leave.

We now cut to another backstage area, where Tiffany is waiting to announce her next interviewee on SmackDown. Her guest is none other than The Gold Standard, Shelton Benjamin. Tiffany asks Benjamin for his opinion on his win earlier, and his opinion on the United States Championship situation. Shelton says that his win earlier tonight proved just how great of an athlete he is, and how he is being held back here on SmackDown, and how Theodore Long has a vendetta against him. He says that a great example of this is when he won a fatal four way match to face the United States Champion, he says that he pinned his guy first and then Teddy Long made him face the champion in a triple threat match, and then R-Truth goes on to win the match. Benjamin continues his rant by saying he proved how talented he is earlier tonight and he’ll be having words with Theodore Long about the hatred he harbours for him. After that, Benjamin walks away, presumably on his way to Long’s office.

It’s a blank screen, just darkness...

Male Narrator: It happens once a year... it’s time... to...

Vince McMahon appears on the screen, blackness behind him, smiling...

Vince McMahon: Shake things up again!

Vince fades away from screen...

Male Narrator: On Monday, May 4th, 2009... in a special Super Show featuring the Superstars of RAW...

We see quick fire shots of RAW Superstars hitting some finishing moves...

Male Narrator: And SmackDown...

Same thing again, but this time with SmackDown Superstars...

Male Narrator: World Wresting Entertainment brings you the 2009... WWE... Draft...

This time we get shots of Superstars from both brands staring into the camera...

Jim Ross: Ladies and gentleman... the WWE DRAFT!

A WWE Draft logo appears on the screen...

Male Narrator: The WWE Draft, a special three hour Super Show featuring Superstars from both brands. It’s

Vince McMahon: It’s time to shake things up again!

After the brief hype video for the next WWE Draft, this coming Monday, the commentators hype it up for a bit while The Moscow Mauler makes his entrance, “Pain” blaring out while Vladimir Kozlov travels down the ramp. The Russian climbs into the ring, and is handed a microphone. Not the most talkative guy, he turns to the stage and simply says he wants a challenge, so tonight someone better come out and answer him, someone who he perceives as a challenge. A few minutes pass by before “Land Of Five Rivers” plays to a nice little pop, and The Great Khali makes his way down the ramp. Kozlov meanwhile, instead of showing fear a the huge man walking towards him, simply smirks and looks like he’s going to enjoy the challenge of toppling this huge monster. While this is happening we head to a quick commercial break.

Commercials

We return just as the bell rings and well... what do you expect? This was never going to be a five star match, but Kozlov tried his best with the monster before him. Kozlov used his smaller size to keep his distance before diving in with kicks to the legs of Khali. The Great Khali managed to catch Kozlov at one point and hit a huge head butt, but Kozlov got up, ducked a clothesline, bounced off the ropes and connected with a chop block. Kozlov then bounced off the ropes again, and connected with a huge Battering Ram to the chest of a kneeling Khali for the pin fall! The referee raises Kozlov’s arms, while he looks disgusted – he obviously thought Khali would prove a tough challenge.

We head backstage where Tiffany is waiting once again, this time she introduces Curt Hawkins and Zack Ryder. She asks them what they think of being placed in an extreme rules match with Tommy Dreamer and Stevie Richards next week? Ryder takes the lead and tells Tiff’ that they are being forced into a match, a match where they have no experience meanwhile the two men they are facing made their living from throwing each other into trash cans and through tables. Tiffany informs them that they forced Teddy’s hand by attacking Dreamer and Richards last week and – but Hawkins cuts her off and says they attacked them to make a statement, Teddy Long shouldn’t be signing new tag teams when he has Hawkins and Ryder on the brand. The threesome stop chatting when Tommy Dreamer and Stevie Richards appear before them. The two tag teams go face to face while Tiffany backs off, leaving the two teams to do whatever they gotta’ do. Dreamer says that they didn’t appreciate the attack from behind last week, Ryder fires back by saying they don’t appreciate the two extremists muscling in on their territory. The two teams go face to face, closer than before, before Hawkins and Ryder throw punches at their opponents next week and here we go! The two teams start to brawl, pulling curtains and lighting fixtures down as they fall into them, then eventually some road agents manage to break them up.

With some order restored in that part of the arena, we cut to another area where Jeff Hardy, John Cena and The Colons are talking strategy. Carlito tells Jeff that if they want to win tonight, then he has to keep his temper in check when he sees Matt Hardy later on in the ring. Jeff nods but he tells Carlito that nothing will stop him from getting his hands on his brother. Primo chimes in and tells Cena the same, just this time focused on Edge.

The video opens with Matt Hardy pinning his brother at WrestleMania

Narrator:
One night a year...

A shot of Triple H pedigreeing Randy Orton at WrestleMania

Narrator:
Superstars face off at the biggest stage...

Shot of CM Punk unhooking the MITB briefcase

Narrator:
For their moment...

We fade to black with the last image being John Cena holding the World Heayweight Championship up

Narrator:
But the pageantry is over...

We suddenly hear a women’s blood curdling scream

Then the video returns with Randy Orton kissing Stephanie McMahon with Triple H watching on...

Narrator:
All that remains...

Shot of Jeff Hardy hitting the Swantom Bomb...

Jeff Hardy:
The Backlash...

Shot of Edge hitting a spear...

Edge:
The Backlash...

Shot of Kane hitting a chokeslam...

Before we see a silhouette of a man in a dark room, only seeing his shadows...

???:
All that remains... is the Backlash.

Commercials

When we return from the commercials, we are at the announce desk where Jim Ross, Striker and Grisham greet us with smiles. The threesome begin to chat about the upcoming PPV, they run through the card, first the RAW side of things – the WWE Championship match between Triple H and Randy Orton, which will be No Holds Barred. They then hype up the tag team match between Shawn Michaels, John Morrison & Chris Jericho, The Miz before speaking about CM Punk versus Kane. And finally, they finish off the RAW side by talking about Rey Mysterio defending his Intercontinental Championship against William Regal.

Now it’s time for the SmackDown side of things. The first match they hype up is the WWE Tag Team Championship match, The Brian Kendrick and his partner, Ezekiel Jackson will take on The Colons for the belts. Following that, it’s time to hype the WWE Divas Championship bout, as Maryse will defend her title against Gail Kim. The next two matches hyped up are the huge Tables, Ladders and Chairs match between the brothers and the World Heavyweight Championship match between Edge and John Cena. Dat hype machine.

After that’s over with, “Man With A Plan” blares out from the speakers as The Brian Kendrick and Ezekiel Jackson begin to walk down to the ring. Once they reach the squared circle, “Hunt You Down” suddenly plays over the speakers, and the boos are massive as Matt Hardy walks down the ramp and slides into the ring. Then, “Metalingus” follows and The Rated R Superstar, Edge makes his way out from the back. The challenger for the World Heavyweight Champion makes his way don the ramp, and slides into the ring, before climbing the turnbuckle and lifting his hands in the air.

“Cool” now plays over the PA system, which gains a nice pop from the crowd as the WWE Tag Team Champions, Carlito and Primo walk out from behind the curtain. The title holders walk down the ramp, stopping just beside the ring, wary of entering in case they get jumped. Back up soon arrives though as “No More Words” plays and the fans go crazy as Jeff Hardy walks down the ramp. He soon joins the WWE Tag Team Champions and the three stare into the ring, at their respective opponents for this coming Sunday. Suddenly, “My Time Is Now” plays and the fans go even more mental, as the current World Heavyweight Champion John Cena jogs out from behind the curtain. He salutes the crowd before sprinting down the ramp, he doesn’t stop however, and the four faces hit the ring.

It’s on, a brawl as begun as John Cena pairs off with Edge, Jeff with Matt, Carlito with Jackson and Primo gets into it with Kendrick. The pairs brawl all around the ring, with the Hardy’s falling out of the ring and continuing it their. The referee attempts to get order as the announcers inform us that we need to cut to a commercial.

Commercials

We return to SmackDown and we can see that order has been restored, the two teams are on their respective sides and Edge and Carlito are the legal men. The two men lock up and partake in some chain wrestling which the more experienced Edge ends up winning in that exchange. Edge beats Carlito in the middle of the ring before tagging in Brian Kendrick, who walks over to Carlito but ‘Lito kicks him in the stomach and plants him with a DDT. Carlito then quickly tags in Jeff Hardy. The small styles of both Hardy and Kendrick mesh quite well as we see a few minutes of fast paced action, including some dives from the top rope but eventually Kendrick got the tag to his partner on Sunday, Ezekiel Jackson. The big man used his strength and locked Jeff in a bear hug, but Jeff battled out and tagged in John Cena, who took it to the man he faced not too long ago. Getting a near fall before Matt Hardy kicked him in the back when he hit the ropes, and Jackson took advantage with a huge boot to the face! Jackson then tagged in Hardy, who continued assaulting Cena, but eventually Cena’s spirit got him back into the game as he got the hot tag to Jeff Hardy, but Matt didn’t want any of him and tagged in Edge. The two went at it, Jeff the aggressor but eventually the match descended into little more than a brawl. More and more times we saw illegal partners entering the ring and the match ended when Cena and Edge brawled on the outside, while Hardy and Hardy brawled on the ramp, Primo had his hands full with Jackson near the barricades while Carlito and Kendrick were battling in the ring. In the end, Carlito ducked a clothesline from Kendrick and planted him with the Back Cracker and picked up the win.

The action didn’t stop their however as Edge and Cena started brawling through the crowd. Not to be outdone though, the two brothers were fighting on the stage, hitting each others skull of the tron. Primo joined his brother in the ring, but Jackson attacked them both, Kendrick joined in and soon the two tag teams were brawling. The commentators told us that they didn’t have any time left, and we had to leave, and this SmackDown ended in chaotic fashion as the last thing we see is the four men brawling with each other, in the ring, on the stage and through the crowd.

WWE Backlash

03.05.09 | TD Banknorth Arena | Boston, Massachusetts

WWE Championship; No Holds Barred
WWE Champion Triple H vs. The Viper Randy Orton

World Heavyweight Championship
World Heavyweight Champion John Cena vs. The Rated R Superstar Edge

Tables, Ladders & Chairs
The Dark One Matt Hardy vs. The Charismatic Enigma Jeff Hardy

WWE Intercontinental Championship
WWE Intercontinental Champion Rey Mysterio vs. The Ruthless Englishman William Regal w/ The English Terror Nigel McGuiness & The Sinister Scotsman Drew McIntyre

WWE Tag Team Championship
WWE Tag Team Champions The Colons vs. The Man With A Plan The Brian Kendrick & The Dominator Ezekiel Jackson

Straight Edge Takes On A Demonic Presence
The Straight Edge Superstar CM Punk vs. The Big Red Monster Kane

The Present Teams With The Future
The Shaman Of Sexy John Morrison & The Heartbreak Kid Shawn Michaels vs. The Best In The World Chris Jericho & The Awesome One The Miz

WWE Divas Championship
WWE Divas Champion Maryse vs. The Strong And Sexy Gail Kim

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome