Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Presenting AOW: Art of War Wrestling - The Greatest Affair

View Single Post

Old 09-23-2012, 03:59 PM   #180 (permalink)
619IDH
The Sleeping Giant

619IDH 3001 - 3500619IDH 3001 - 3500619IDH 3001 - 3500619IDH 3001 - 3500619IDH 3001 - 3500619IDH 3001 - 3500619IDH 3001 - 3500619IDH 3001 - 3500619IDH 3001 - 3500619IDH 3001 - 3500619IDH 3001 - 3500
Default Re: Presenting AOW: Art of War Wrestling - The Greatest Affair

The Hammerstein Ballroom – Manhattan, New York City, New York

“Anarchy…Revitalized”

Quote:
“The Fight Song” by Marilyn Manson vignette

(Whispers)

Fight…

RVD leaps for a Frog Splash…

Fight…

HBK cocks back, Sweet Chin Music ready…

Fight…

Finlay and Joe go at it on the balcony…

Fight…

Chris Jericho’s silhouette is highlighted…

*Opening guitar riff*

You'll never grow up to be a big rock star

The camera goes from the ground up to the face of Paul Wright in his debut Week 3

Celebrated victim of your fame

Aero Star leaps onto Jamie Noble from the entrance stage columns

Just cut our wrists like cheap coupons

Christian searches for his peeps from Week 5

And say that "death was on sale today"

Bryan Danielson raises his hand, singing his theme from Week 4

*Upped tempo, heavier sound*

And when we were good

Jack Evans’ double moonsault from Week 1

You just close your eyes

Aero Star, Psicosis, and Super Crazy perform a Triple Asai Moonsault from Week 14

So when we are bad

Paul Wright chokeslams Michaels through the table from the Supershow

We'll scar your minds

A replayed shot of Shelton Benjamin German suplexing Paul London off the ladder from Week 4

Fight!

SWEET CHIN MUSIC!!

Fight!

WARRIOR’S WAY!!!

Fight!

MUSCLE BUSTER!!!

Fight!

SPEAR THROUGH THE TABLE!!

Fight!

CHOKESLAM!!!

Fight!

WORLD’S GREATEST DOOMSDAY DEVICE!!

Fight!

GTS!!

Fight!

FIVE STAR FROG SPLASH!!!

*Final cymbal crash*

Chris Jericho holds the AOW World title high in the air

We’re greeted to the 3,000 strong in the Hammerstein cheering their lungs out for yet another week, as AOW sells this place out once more. As graphics appear on screen and the camera pans around the arena, the arena is met with quite the opposite reaction it got to open last week, when “MAMA SAID KNOCK YOU OUT” blares over the sound system to a very nice pop, as the newly branded “One-Man Army” Samoa Joe comes through the blood-red curtain and marches down the ramp looking very collected, but as always, very angry. He enters the ring with a microphone in hand and towel around his neck.

Joe:
I was in the back last week watching Chris Jericho and his fan club. And I was listening very intently during his ‘induction’ ceremony for Ken Doane. And while listening to Jericho run down the names of the men he’s gotten rid of since being AOW Champion, I couldn’t help but notice there was somebody missing.

~Joe pauses to get some buzz and to rub his chin

Joe
:
He mentioned the exile of Christian Cage.

~Heat

Joe
:
He mentioned what he did to my friend RVD.

~Heat

Joe
:
And he mentioned what he did to Shawn Michaels.

~Heat

Joe
:
Now Jericho, you sounded real high and mighty and full of yourself when you were listing those names. But see, I know there’s one name on that list you never mentioned…and that’s mine.

~Pop

Joe
:
You wanna know why you haven’t mentioned me yet, Jericho? Because you haven’t beaten me yet. Because I’m still here. Because I’m still more than in the mood to kick your ass, take your title, and send your little gang of scum the hell out of here.

~BIG pop

Joe
:
And seeing as how the only thing that was standing in my way was Bobby Lashley…see, unlike you, Jericho, I don’t run my mouth unless I have a reason. Usually, that reason is that I’m pissed off, but today is very different.

~Little buzz

Joe
:
Since I beat your Perfect Warrior, that means I’m more than justified than coming out here to announce that it’s damn time to finish cleaning up the scum. Paul Heyman, your ass better be listening to this - I’m naming myself the number one contender for the AOW Heavyweight Championship!

Joe drops the mike from his lips to a HUGE ovation from the crowd, who kicks up a “JOE! JOE! JOE!” chant, but this is soon interrupted by “DANGEROUS”, as Paul Heyman comes from behind the curtain, his slouch of authority making its way to the ring to an epic chorus of heat, given his actions last week. He climbs into the ring, but has a twinge of fear on his face, keeping as far away from Samoa Joe as possible

Paul Heyman:
Funny you should say that, Joe, because just as you say you were listening intently last week, as was I just a few moments ago and you ordered that I listen to you.

~Heyman is drawing heat without trying now

Paul Heyman:
Let’s just make something clear right now, Joe – I am the Commander in Chief of Art of War Wrestling. Everything that happens in this company makes its way through me. I say yay or neigh. I say yes or not. I say what goes and what doesn’t. And you coming out here and anointing yourself as a number one contender is completely out of line!

~Even more heat, as Joe quickly looks away in disappointment, but Heyman throws a finger up

Paul Heyman:
however, you do make a very upstanding case. As a matter of fact, I can’t think of anyone else that has that good of a case to face Chris Jericho.

A lot of buzz on that statement, many surprised at that coming from the Commander; Joe looking back at Heyman with a very intent expression. But before Heyman speaks another word into the microphone, “LAMBEG” hits the speakers, as Finlay breaks into the fray now, a completely pissed off expression locked in on his face. He storms to the ring microphone in hand and damn near jumps Heyman, causing Heyman to scurry into a corner for security.

Finlay:
Oh no, laddie. The only man on this roster with as good a case as anyone for a title shot is me!

~Finlay shifts his attention from Heyman to Joe

Finlay:
Now see here, boy. There’s nobody in this ring or in the back that’s ever pinned me or made me submit. And it’s true Chris Jericho’s never beaten you. He’s also never beaten me. And the only person who has beaten you…is me.

~Finlay is more than correct, harkening back to the two’s ridiculous AOKO match months ago

Joe
:
How soon you forget, Finlay. Funny you mention all that because, see, I’ve never been pinned or made to submit by anyone in this company. And it’s true Chris Jericho’s never beaten you, either. But the fact is, the only person to have ever beaten you…is me.

~The crowd lets out an “ooooh” on that one, Finlay and Joe now staring into each other’s eyes with nothing but malicious intent on either one of their minds

Finlay:
Let me stop you right there and correct some things you said, boy.

Joe:
Everything I just said is pure, hard, fact, Finlay.

Finlay:
No, I mean what you said before. You said that your buddy Rob Van Dam was eliminated because of what Chris Jericho did to him. That’s a load of bunk, boy. It’s because of what I did.

~Joe’s expression goes from intense to just straight up pissed the hell off, the crowd knowing this is only gonna get worse. Things get even more impedingly ominous when Joe throws off his towel and throws down his microphone, Finlay soon following suit by dropping his mike. There’s still unsettled business between these two titans! The crowd’s buzz gets louder and louder, but before anything even happens, Heyman gets the balls to step between both men

Paul Heyman:
Hold it, hold it, hold it! I will not have a bomb go off while I’m standing in this ring! There will be none of this! If you two want to settle your little squirmish, you do it in this ring with an official. So tonight, we’re gonna have ourselves a little number one contender’s match.

~Pop of intrigue

Paul Heyman:
Tonight, it’s going to be a battle to end all battles! Tonight, one last time, it’ll be Finlay…versus Samoa Joe!!

BIG pop from the crowd, as Heyman actually gets a smile on his face. Finlay stares daggers into Joe from across Heyman, while Joe stares right back with a small smirk. But just as things look absolved and we have our main event of the evening, a noise we couldn’t go a whole show without hearing greets our ears, as “KING OF MY WORLD” by Saliva hits. The Worthy Legion soon makes their way to the ring, Paul “The Great” Wright, Bobby Lashley, new inductee Kenneth Doane, and AOW Heavyweight Champion Chris Jericho. Jericho is decked out in suit and tie, while the rest are in competition attire, but closely following suit. Jericho has his title draped over his shoulder and a microphone in his hand, approaching the ring to a bevy of heat. He tells Doane to stay outside, while he leaps into the ring, only for Lashley and Wright to come along with him for obvious protection, further crowding the ring

Chris Jericho:
I think you two need a reality check and you, Mr. Commander in Chief, you need to make the right decision.

~Jericho draws heat just for that

Chris Jericho:
The reality is this – if we’re talking about impressing each other with win-loss records, I think the only person in this entire company with any worth to face me for the AOW Championship, it’s me and only me. See, there’s only one person standing in this ring who has gone undefeated since setting foot in AOW. And that man is me.

~Even more heat

Chris Jericho:
So Paul E., why don’t you do the smart thing, the right thing, and get both of these cretins out of my sight right this minute because neither one of them are nearly worthy enough to face me for my AOW Championship.

~More heat begins to pour, but Jericho’s comments strike both Finlay and Samoa Joe, Joe so much so that he has to pick his microphone back up

Joe
:
Woh, woh, woh. Let me get something straight here, scum – the only person ‘worthy’ enough to face Chris Jericho…is Chris Jericho?

Chris Jericho:
I’m glad you do have the ability to hear, Joe.

Joe:
Y’know, Jericho, I know you had your own head way too far up your own ass, but I didn’t think even you had the ego to ask this man to book Chris Jericho versus Chris Jericho for the AOW Championship.

~Bit of a laugh from the crowd for that one, but Jericho is completely unamused

Chris Jericho:
And why not, Joe? I’d be willing to bet that that match would go down in the annals as the greatest main event in the history of all that is everything. And hell, while we’re at it, it would probably make enough money to save this financially unstable company.

~Bit of an “ooh” statement there. It’s been a while since Jericho’s mentioned finances, and this touches off Heyman’s nerve

Paul Heyman:
Okay, Jericho. You did me a gigantic favor at A Very Merry War. And I thanked you heartily. But now we’re back to reality. Business is business. And what’s good for that business is not having a Chris Jericho clone war, nor is it not having any more title matches.

~Jericho looks at Heyman as though he’s surprised he’s talking back to him

Paul Heyman:
See, Jericho, you know as well as I do that we’ve never seen eye to eye. You will do whatever you have to do to keep that title and step towards your abominable “utopia” idea. I will do whatever I have to do to keep this company running. To keep business afloat. And firing Shawn Michaels? That was good for business. Keeping that strap of leather around your waist was merely an inconvenient side effect.

~Jericho begins to look like he’s pouting here, not pleased at all where Heyman’s going with this

Paul Heyman:
If I gave into you right now, I’d be allowing the same thing I wanted Shawn Michaels out of here for. And that was pulling strings. You were in control last week. The buck is back with me this week. So no, Jericho. My decision stands – Joe versus Finlay. Tonight.

~A nice reaction for the supposedly heel Heyman standing his ground. Jericho, however, does not look the least bit pleased.

Paul Heyman:
Oh, and just as a safety measure, if you or any of your Worthy Legion interferes in that match…Chris Jericho, you will be stripped of your AOW Heavyweight Championship!

~A HUGE pop for that one, which also gets nods of approval from Finlay and Joe, but Jericho damn well looks like he’s about to explode before fixing and composing himself, now eerily approaching Heyman

Chris Jericho:
Heyman…you do call the shots. But have you ever wondered what would happen if you didn’t? Pardon…couldn’t?

~Heyman is looking worried

Paul Heyman:
What’re you saying, Jericho?

Chris Jericho:
I’m saying that I have eradicated everyone whom I have deemed a threat to my AOW Championship. Before Shawn Michaels, there was Rob Van Dam. And before him was Christian Cage.

~Heyman continues to look unbelievably uneasy

Chris Jericho:
But before any of them was the one man we share a common bond over. And that’s Mick Foley. I tore that tumor out for you too, didn’t I? A supposed authority figure whose own decisions got him in my way. He was a threat. So I took him down.

~Joe and Finlay were prepared to leave, but now are staring at Jericho as uneasy at Heyman is looking, Jericho damn near looming over Heyman by this point

Chris Jericho:
And seeing as how the mistaken judgments of another authority figure is now standing in my way even further, I’m very inclined to show him the power I’ve accumulated over the last four months. Do you know what I would deem that man to be, Heyman?

~Heyman seems to be having enough of the games now, but the crowd seems to know where this is going

Paul Heyman:
What’s that?

~Jericho veers nose-to-nose with Heyman…

Chris Jericho:
A threat.

On that note, the Worthy Legion springs into action, with Lashley grabbing hold of Finlay and tossing him over the top rope. Paul Wright, meanwhile, headbutts Samoa Joe with his huge cranium, knocking Joe for a loop before clotheslining Joe to the floor! Both contenders are out of the ring now, leaving Heyman alone with Jericho and his horde. Jericho grabs the terrified Heyman by the collar before grabbing him good and chunking him in the direction of Paul Wright, who hoists Heyman over his head in a military press…AND DROPS HIM ALL THE WAY TO THE FLOOR OUTSIDE!! Heyman goes crashing down from more than ten feet in the air, lying completely motionless as he makes impact. Jericho then continues to direct traffic, pointing Lashley outside and Doane inside. Lashley clears off the announcers’ table and takes Heyman’s dead weight, putting him on top of said cleared table. No one likes where this is going at all.

Joey Styles:
What the hell is going on here!?!

JBL:
What in the hell…?

Joey Styles:
You can’t do that! This is the Commander in Chief! Oh my word…

Wright keeps watch on the two downed contenders, while Doane…heads to the top rope. All in attendance are looking speechless as Jericho looks at Doane and gives him a small nod before leaping…SKY HIGH LEG DROP, CRASHING HEYMAN THROUGH THE TABLE!!!

Heyman is absolutely motionless, Jericho, Lashley, and Wright looming over the lifeless body of their latest victim. The crowd is in as much awe as the commentators right now, the entire Worthy Legion glowing with demonic majesty. Behind them, Finlay is looking on in the shared awe, but there’s nothing he can do, while Samoa Joe is propped up against a barricade, wide-eyed. Jericho absorbs the otherworldly amount of heat his Legion is getting right now from those not in awe. All we get before cutting away is Jericho and his followers all looking down at the fallen Commander, no one knowing what to do or say…

**COMMERCIAL BREAK**

We return from the disturbing opening to a very sullen arena once more, as we come back to the image of the completely decimated table and a pair of very concerned commentators.

Joey Styles:
Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Wednesday Night Oblivion, or welcome back I should say, where moments ago you just witnessed right in front of me and JBL here…an absolutely horrible act on the part of the Worthy Legion as our Commander in Chief Paul Heyman was just driven through our announce table.

JBL:
You can see the wreckage left in the wake of that attack, an’ as ballsy as it was, I’m not quite sure what Jericho was lookin’ to accomplish.

Joey Styles:
This is a very rare case where you and I whole-heartedly agree, partner. A disturbing act to say the least, and while not many people are exactly sure what to think or how to react to this, moments ago while being wheeled out on a stretcher, Paul Heyman let his thoughts be known clearly.

~We head to a “during the break” video, as we see EMTs and Samoa Joe wheeling the stretchered Heyman on up the entrance ramp, but as his neckbrace constricts his ability to speak, we do catch him barely able to eke out a sentence

Paul Heyman:
The…the show…goes on…business

~Back to present time…

Joey Styles:
As you can hear, Paul Heyman devoting himself completely to business, and the show must go on, despite the assault he’s taken. That means that tonight, regardless of the circumstances, not only will things go down as planned, but we will have rivalry revisited as Samoa Joe and Finlay will face each other for the right to face Chris Jericho for the AOW Championship.

JBL:
You can hate what the man does, but Joey, even you have to admit that Jericho was right about not havin’ any equal in AOW right now. Not even Paul Heyman.

Joey Styles:
The fact that you’re even remotely trying to justify what’s happened here is disgusting, John, but perhaps even more so is the fact that our opening contest isn’t going to let up on anything, as Ken Doane is still in the ring after his leg drop put the nail in Heyman’s coffin because, as Heyman iterated, the show must go on.

JBL:
It’s only fitting that we’d kick off the night this way.

As Joey turns to JBL in a manner of disbelief, the show does indeed go on as we get a shot of Ken Doane still in the ring, having been there through the whole break, the Worthy Legion having long left him behind. It doesn’t take very much longer, however, for “MACH” to grace the stage for the first time in a long time, as Matt Sydal comes through the blood-red curtain, making his Oblivion re-debut. Following him is his coach, Billy Kidman. Sydal isn’t getting too much of a reaction, but most of that may not be his fault, but merely that everyone is trying to figure other things out at the moment. Nonetheless, Sydal tries to get the crowd going behind him, a noticeably bigger pop coming to him when he’s in the ring.

OPENING CONTEST

Ken Doane
v.
Matt Sydal

w/Billy Kidman

Doane immediately goes after the smaller Bourne, forcing himself forward and jabbing a knee right into his midsection. He then violently whips Sydal into a corner, Sydal’s spine crashing against the post and forcing him to fall face-first into the canvas. Sydal picks himself up and tends to his back, only for Doane to approach him and club him several times on the weakened vertebrate before bringing him to his feet and violently SENDING HIS SHOULDER CRASHING INTO THE IRON POST!! Sydal is withered, any kind of upset vibe slowly fading away with each moment. Doane grabs Sydal out of the corner and delivers a fierce blow to the back of his head before twisting him around for a snap neckbreaker, viciously covering Sydal – 1…2…NO!! Sydal still wants in this thing!

Doane doesn’t care too much about what Sydal wants, beating a forearm across his face before dragging Sydal back to his feet. He prepares to lift him high for perhaps a backdrop, but Sydal backflips out of the move and lands on his feet! The first glimmer of hope gets the crowd happy as well as Kidman, as Sydal front dropkicks a surprised Doane face first into the turnbuckle! The post sends Doane reeling back towards Sydal, who catches Doane in a nice backslide – 1…2…NO! No upset yet, as Doane slides back to his feet, Sydal approaching him with a rapid fire array of kicks before connecting with Doane’s skull for a leaping back kick!!

Doane stumbles but doesn’t fall, leading Sydal to go for another one, only for Doane to duck underneath this one and catch Sydal from behind…backdrop to neckbreaker slam!! Doane pauses for emphasis, sitting erect, even looking right at Billy Kidman, telling him “he’s done, old man!” Doane then starts stalking his downed rookie prey, possibly looking to end things with the RKODOANE…NO!! As Sydal gets to his feet, he senses Doane behind him and shocks him with a back mule kick!! The double kick sends Doane backpedalling into a corner, again giving the rookie a glimmer of hope. With Doane woozied in a corner, Sydal races towards him and strikes him in the face with a high running kick!!

Sydal’s momentum takes him onto the apron, still holding onto the top rope as Doane stumbles out. A big window has opened for Sydal here, who surprises everyone by nailing a springboard bulldog!! Wow!! Sydal throwing shades of his manager and trainer there in Billy Kidman! Sydal with a very emphatic cover this time – 1….2…NO!! Doane has the strength to kick out! Sydal has a new burst of life, however, looking towards his manager who is telling him to “fly high, kid! Fly high!” Sydal looks to take note and heads to the top rope for something big…but Doane cuts him off at the pass, knocking him off the top and sending him tumbling back into the ring. It’s Doane now who climbs to the top rope, looking for a finishing move of his own here…but Sydal recovers and leaps straight up to the top rope, wrapping Doane’s arms under his own. What’s he looking for here? Whatever it is, Doane powers out of it by shoving the rookie back down, taking a flat bump on his back. Doane then leaps…and nails his beautifully destructive SKY HIGH LEG DROP!! Doane with an academic cover – 1…2…3…!!

Winner: Ken Doane at (4:52)

Doane gets to his feet and opens his arms to another warm reception of heat, possibly further depressing this crowd even moreso. Doane’s new purple digs show his more ‘royal’ flair to further rub in everyone’s faces, Sydal lying pretty lifelessly following getting the same move that took out the Chief, trying to be revived by Kidman. Doane almost looks like he wants to add insult to injury, but Kidman keeps a keen eye on him and watches him roll out of the ring as convincingly cocky as ever.

Joey Styles:
And this nightmare continues with Ken Doane taking his first win since being named a member of the Worthy Legion –

JBL:
Whaddya mean ‘nightmare’? Good for Ken Doane to get a win under his belt to show he truly is worthy against some kid who needed a ridiculous amount of coaching. Go back into retirement, Kidman.

Joey Styles:
Wait, so you’re putting down Matt Sydal because he wanted to becoming a better wrestler?

JBL:
I have nothin’ against Matt Sydal other than the kid needs to get his head in the game. I’m against seein’ Billy Kidman again tryin’ to teach anybody anything.

Joey Styles:
Professional jealousy, I suppose?

JBL:
I’m not jealous of a DAMN thing Billy Kidman has! If I personally trained anybody in that locker room, I promise you, they wouldn’t be losing to the champion’s underlings! He’d be heavyweight champion in a matter of weeks, hell, in his debut! Shame on Billy Kidman for givn’ this kid hope, then having it snatched away because he sucks.

Joey Styles:
Those sound like fighting words there partner, but I just hope this evening goes a little better than its started. Paul Heyman’s been carried out on a stretcher, the Worthy Legion picks up another win here, and some anarchy may be even farther on the horizon. The final decree of Heyman was that tonight, Finlay and Samoa Joe, two men who are the bane of the other’s existence thus far in AOW, will meet to decide who meets Chris Jericho at This is Exile for the AOW Heavyweight Championship.

~Backstage halls…

We’re greeted to a scene backstage, but the camera angle is oddly low. We see at the end of the hall of Carlito Colon roaming backstage, but as soon as he comes into the frame, we hear what sounds like the revving of an engine. Carlito then looks around to see where it’s coming from. The camera then begins to roar, as the engine sounds very much like a lawn mower, the camera starting to move down the hall. Carlito is still turned around looking for the source of the notice before staring directly at the camera as it roars from opposite end of the hall. He panics for a moment, a comically frightened expression on his face. He then leaps to the side on top of a nearby chair before evidently grabbing the POV as the rolls by. After it is stopped, the view changes to being over Carlito’s shoulder, the thing Carlito has stopped indeed being a push mower with a camera taped onto it. As Colon tentatively cuts the device off, he takes off the note that’s attached to the top of the camera, which Carlito reads out loud…

Carlito:
“J’ur ass is grass…and we are de lawnmowers…?”

Carlito’s face is made up into a very confused one before it hits him who sent this. He crumples up the letter before frustratingly ripping it apart, his teeth literally growing “Mexicools”. He then throws the pieces of the note floating through the air before attempting to rip off the camera from its lawn mower base. When unsuccessful, he turns away to strut away in frustration…before soon returning with an apple in hand, snatching a bite, before spitting on the push mower and camera. His anger at an inanimate object leaves him somewhat unreasonably flustered as he definitively walks away now muttering ‘pendehos’ under his breath…

**COMMERCIAL BREAK**

We return from the break still in the backstage halls, but in a much more brutal scene, as Muhammad Hassan is apparently in mid-assault on CM Punk! Hassan is standing over an already decimated Punk, as he keeps delivering brutal clubs to Punk’s still tender back area. Punk screams in pain, this more than likely having been an ambush, as Punk is in non-competitive attire. Hassan pulls Punk to his feet by the black hoodie he’s wearing before chunking him spine first into the concrete wall!! Punk writhes in pain yet again, his body paralyzed as it slides down the wall into a sitting position. Hassan seethes as he takes a look at Punk…then looks to a large rolling crate to his left. He prepares to take the crate and RAM IT INTO PUNK’S BACK ONCE MORE, but before he can, a swarm of officials stop him as he does it, grabbing at his arms and forcing him back.

Hassan:
I’ll get my title back, Punk! You hear me, rat? I WILL BE CHAMPION AGAIN!!

Hassan’s drunk with rage decree is the last we see of him as he’s pulled away, a few more officials and backstage workers tending to Punk now, who shakes off their attempts to bring him to his feet. The still ever prideful Punk collapses back against the wall as he tries to recover, again shaking off help before finally getting up and staring in the direction Hassan was carried off in, his own glimmer of rage in his eyes as we fade away…

~Back at ringside…

Joey Styles:
Anarchy is running rampant here tonight, and Muhammad Hassan looks like he’s taking full advantage of the lack of order around here right now!

JBL:
He’s a good businessman. That’s all we do is take advantage of opportunity.

Joey Styles:
So you’re commending a backstage, behind-the-back assault?

JBL:
Joey, you act like CM Punk winnin’ a couple of weeks ago would quiet the tensions between both of those men. They hate each other on a personal level. An’ when that happens, you take any an’ every opportunity to exact vengeance. Muhammad Hassan is a driven man, so yes, I do commend that because a man in his position with his power would be stupid to not jump on an opportunity.

Joey Styles:
You know the only thing worse than your hatred for CM Punk is the fact that you’re completely justifying this completely ridiculous and obvious act of jealousy on behalf of Muhammad Hassan. This is despicable.

JBL:
Who the hell are you talkin’ to?

Joey Styles:
You, Hassan, the Worthy Legion – all of you! There’s absolutely nothing happening tonight that can be chalked up to justifiable reasoning, but you and the rest of these hissy-fitting delinquents are still gonna insist you guys run this joint. And it makes me SICK!

While Styles is doing some frustrated venting, we hear “EXECUTORS OF EXCELLENCE” over the sound system now, as TJ Wilson, one half of the Sons of the Dungeon, makes his way down the ramp sans his injured tag team partner. Wilson isn’t doing any kind of crowd pleasing tonight, as he has a look of strictly business on his face, climbing into the ring and starting to warm up a little for a match that could very well have heavy implications in the near future.

“WORLD’S GREATEST” rings out across the arena now, as Charlie Haas comes on down the ramp with his half of the AOW Tag Team Championships, Shelton Benjamin not too far behind. The WGTT both get a very noticeable mixed reaction, as they both have a bit of a cocky flair to them tonight, their hooded vests showcasing that more. Haas even enters the ring with a little bit of a show-off air to him before he notices Wilson staring a hole through him.

TJ Wilson
v
AOW Tag Team Champion Charlie Haas
w/Shelton Benjamin

Wilson and Haas have a slow grapple pace towards the beginning of the match, countering many basic maneuvers, but around the two minute mark, things start picking up when Wilson manages to escape an early HAAS OF PAIN attempt, rolling all the way through the move, catching Haas’ arm on the way and helping use it guide him to his feet before nailing a solid swinging neckbreaker! A cover – 1…2…NO!! The competing half of the Tag Champs manages to get back into things from there, surprising Wilson by ramming him into the steel ring post and giving him repeated shoulder blocks. But Haas gets careless and takes a few steps back to deliver one more big one, only for Wilson to dodge it at the last second, roll on through, and catch him in a sunset flip counter – 1…2…NO!! Haas manages to roll out of the danger, getting back to his feet and dropkicks Wilson in the face!!

Haas gets in control now, wrenching Wilson’s head off with a chinlock. Wilson manages to make his way out of the rest hold to a vertical base and surprises Haas now when he grabs his arms and tucks him between his legs as Wilson slips under, flipping Haas over and giving Wilson an innovative small package – 1…2…NO!! Haas storms to his feet and is tired of surprises, ramming his knee into Wilson’s midsection before taking him and flipping him overhead with a snap suplex. Cover – 1…2…NO!! Wilson keeps life and knows more is riding on this than just a loss, but perhaps a future shot at the tag titles. Haas tries to wear down his foe once more with several axe handles shots to the lower back before forcing Wilson to his feet. Wilson tries to surprise all once more with a swift swinging roudhouse kick, but Haas ducks underneath before nailing a perfect German suplex!! Haas with another cover – 1…2…3-NO!! Wilson still has fight in him!

Haas isn’t very pleased with his lightweight foe staying in this long, still trying to wear him down by driving his knee into his spine several times. Haas then chucks Wilson into the ropes, but the resilient Dungeon graduate holds onto them, preventing a rebound. An angry Haas charges at Wilson, only for Wilson to nail a backflip kick that sends him flipping over the ropes and onto the apron, while Haas reels. As he’s recovering, Wilson has time to get up and launch himself…springboard neckbreaker!! The Code Blue!! The crowd pops at the impressive move, but as Wilson covers Haas…Shelton Benjamin distracts the referee!! The WGTT’s hypocritical nature continues to be evident, as Benjamin orders the referee to pointlessly check on a ring post. Wilson removes himself from Haas’ body try and force Benjamin away, who drops from the apron before Wilson can try. Haas is to his feet now as Wilson makes his way back towards him…but he eats a jumping back kick from Wilson! He goes reeling again, only for Wilson to try again with the swinging roundhouse, but again misses, and Haas again countering and looking for the German suplex…Wilson stops himself halfway up, and turns it into a wheelbarrow victory roll – 1…2…3…!!!

Winner: TJ Wilson at (6:46)

And Wilson pulls that one out of his hat! Wilson is quick to get out of the ring and crack the first smile he’s had since he’s been here tonight, with Haas running his hands through his hair in disbelief. Benjamin is still pulling the referee over to examine the proclaimed bad ring post, arguing that the match should be thrown out because equipment was faulty. The ref doesn’t see it and leaves Benjamin even more vexed.

Joey Styles:
FINALLY a little bit of justice tonight! TJ Wilson responds to the challenge set forth by the World’s Greatest Tag Tam and gets a win here, without his partner!

JBL:
You mean he had to pull that out of the foxhole. Look at you bein’ a hypocrite, Joey! You’re hoopin’ an’ hollerin’ over a small win for TJ Wilson when there are clearly more important things goin’ on that that.

Joey Styles:
What could be more important than getting wins in a wrestling ring, John?

JBL:
Ask Shelton Benjamin! Clearly, there was something wrong with the way that ring corner was set up an’ he was tryin’ to get the referee’s attention to fix it so we could have a good, clean, safe match. I lost a lot of respect tonight for TJ Wilson an’ the Sons of the Dungeon.

Joey Styles:
…you mean the World’s Greatest Tag Team. They’ve been acting a little bit different over the last several weeks, and this just tips the scale in my regard.

JBL:
Well you’ve never been in that ring, so your regard doesn’t even matter. You’ve never competed in a faulty ring an’ trust me, it’s terrible, just like your commentary. I’m takin’ nothin’ away from the Sons as competitors, but beating your opponent because the field of play is in bad condition is just un-American.

Joey Styles:
Whatever, Bradshaw. Nonetheless, TJ Wilson does pick up a huge victory over one half of the AOW Tag Team Champions to assure them that whether solo or a team, the Sons of the Dungeon are absolutely no joke. But what isn’t a joke, ladies and gentlemen, is the final decree of Paul Heyman before he was assaulted here tonight and that was that in our main event, we will see two old rivals go head to head once again – Samoa Joe and Finlay with lock horns once more here in AOW, one of the most brutal and intense rivalries in our young history. But tonight, one of them will be the named the number one contender for the AOW title. Stay tuned!

Quote:
**Video Package**

We reach a black screen that soon comes to life in a desolate area in harsh sunrise, beckoning, no sound, until we hear a narrator

Narrator:
In the beginning…

As he speaks, the day seems to fast forward, the sun getting higher and higher in the sky

Narrator:
Light and darkness were separated

The day continues to be fast forwarded until the sun goes down, the moon rising in its place

Narrator:
Only one can exist while the other fades away.

The desolate place’s sand begins to swirl, conjuring images of AOW thus far, the first one of Shelton Benjamin suplexing London off a ladder…

Narrator:
But on February 3rd, 2008…

The sands swirl again, Jericho locking Michaels in the Liontamer, followed quickly by Finlay and Joe battling atop the Hammerstein Balcony

Narrator:
The light and dark shall clash once more…

Our view goes back up to the moon now, the night sky acting like a big screen, being played on it is the intense face of Christian Cage holding a chair over his head

Narrator:
But only one of them can remain in power…the other…meets exile.

The camera pans out a little bit, where we can see the silhouette of a man on a cliff, looking out at the moon. We can’t make out his face, being barely lit by the moon, but his figure seems familiar…

~AOW PRESENTS~
THIS IS EXILE
A THREE-HOUR PAY-PER-VIEW SPECIAL

FEBRUARY 3, 2008
IZOD Center – East Rutherford, New Jersey

**End Package**

**COMMERCIAL BREAK**

~Backstage, Green Zone interview set…

The Miz:
Mike “The Miz” Mizanin here, with yet another AOW exclusive interview that only I can deliver! And giving you an exciting interview is gonna be pretty hard this time, because I’m pretty sure my guest is gonna be a sad boy. My guest at this time, Bryan Danielson!

~Danielson enters the frame with his hands on his hips, not at all happy about something and Miz being his interviewer doesn’t seem to help his mood

The Miz:
So Danielson – you say you’re not a guy known for talking the talk, but last week, all your gabbing about Chris Jericho needing to be stopped accumulated with you tapping out at the hands of the Master of War. What do you have to say about that?

Danielson:
Miz, Chris Jericho does need to be stopped. Have you taken a look out there tonight? Or even heard about what everyone’s been concerned about? He and his little gang just took the man who gave us all a job and tore him through a table.

The Miz:
But what does any of that have to do with you, Mr. Nosy? That kind of thinking got you in enough trouble last week.

Danielson:
It has everything to do with me. I am the AOW Cruiserweight Champion. A champion. My only thirst is for competition. But Chris Jericho has this overwhelming thirst for power. He’s –

~Danielson is cut off by the all too ominous figure of the menace that hasn't fled the arena himself, Chris Jericho, pops into the frame, immediately taking the focus and even making Miz flee the scene in intimidation

Chris Jericho:
You haven’t learned a damn thing, have you, Dragon? You still wanna play the knight in shining armor?

~Danielson gets in Jericho’s face

Danielson
:
I promise you will be stopped, Jericho.

~Jericho chuckles

Chris Jericho:
You’re one man, Danielson. Have you not seen what this Legion is capable of? We destroy men who think they can take us all down. So next time you even want to think about taking me down…just ask yourself – you and what army?

~Jericho walks off and laughs to himself while Danielson just stands there in intense disappointment, but perhaps realizing Jericho is right…

~Further backstage…

We remain in the backstage area, heading to the locker room, where we see Paul Burchill and Brent Albright, The Mercenaries. They seem to be in the middle of their favorite hobby, and that’s counting up money. Burchill appears to be going through a stack of bills before Carlito Colon bursts into the scene, still as flustered as he was earlier

Carlito:
Hey! Ju two! What de hell happened, eh? Carlito almost got mowed to pieces!

Burchill:
Woh there. Relax, mate. What’s wrong?

Carlito:
Carlito paid ju two good money to watch his back. But De Mexicools sent a freakin’ lawn mower after Carlito! Are ju not doing what Carlito paid ju to do?

Burchill:
I think we’re doing exactly what you paid us for. You paid us to watch your back for the Mexicools. I haven’t seen any Mexicools here tonight. Have you, youngblood?

Albright:
Nope. Nothing all night.

Burchill:
See? And you paid us to watch for Mexicools.

Albright:
Not their lawn mowers. There’s an insurance expense for that.

~Carlito stares at the Mercs like he just smelled something rotten. Even so, Carlito pulls a wallet out of his white blazer and throws a wad of bills into Burchill’s hand

Carlito:
Now ju two had better watch for dose pendehos AND their toys.

~’lito walks away angrily as Burchill smirks while handing the wad of cash to his apprentice as we fade away…

~Back at ringside…

Once we’re greeted back to the arena, an unfamiliar sound hits the speakers, as a high-energy, but serious hip-hop/tropical instrumental by the name of “MAN WIT’ NO LAND” greets us that gets sort of a buzz before the figure we recognize as Kofi Kingston leaps through the blood red curtains for the first time, bursting from backstage, and lands on his feet on the entrance stage, full of energy!! This instantly gets an intrigued pop from those witnessing it. He lands with his head down, wearing the same black hoodie he was wearing in his vids. He brings his head up and removes his hood, revealing a very pumped up man who breaks into his room-brightening smile as he comes down the ramp. He slaps a few high fives on his way, revealing to us that his hands and wrists are wrapped with black tape. Kofi stops at the end of the ramp and gets a running start before diving through the middle ropes and into the ring, leaping onto a turnbuckle in one smooth motion. The kid’s already shown sheer athleticism just in getting to the ring, tearing off his exercise pants to reveal green tights, knee pads, and boots with yellow, red, and black markings.

Joey Styles:
Ladies and gentlemen, this is the competition driven man in Kofi Kingston. Explosive isn’t even enough to describe how this kid operates! He’s a descendant from both Jamaican and Ghanan nobles, but despite that, he didn’t want to live a life of luxury. So he’s here, in AOW, to become the best to step into this ring.

JBL:
I give this guy credit for watin’ to not sit on his ass an’ be known for nothin’, but that’s just not good business. If I could make money sittin’ down an’ pleasin’ a bunch of idiots…wait…that is what I’m doin. Hahahaha!

Joey Styles:
Oh hush it, Bradshaw. And you can see the colors Kingston is boasting on his attire, combinations of green, red, yellow and black. These colors represent the colors of both Ghana and Jamaica, the heritages of which he both claims. And the kid’s got a megawatt smile to boot, doesn’t he?

JBL:
He won’t be smilin’ for long, Joey. This is wrestling. Not Miss America. I don’t care where you come from, whether you were born here or came rockin’ in a boat, if you can’t swim among these sharks, you’re gonna sink.

Kingston takes off his hoodie, revealing his arms are wrapped in the black tape about halfway up his forearm, and gets his incredible energy focused as he looks down the ramp to who his opponent may be, which, unusually, isn’t a jobber in the ring. The crowd also waits with him before another unfamiliar sound is heard on the speakers, a very ominous and dark instrumental by the name of “BLACK AND WHITE”, as the man we recognize as Tyler Black steps through the curtain, his ominous presence marked by his black longcoat, face-covering locks, and the fact that he just stands on the entrance ramp, motionless for a bit, before finally stepping his way down the ramp and to the ring. He whips the hair out of his face to reveal a very alternative-style looking man, very dark looking, his facial hair even looking manacing. He steps into the ring with the complete opposite of Kofi’s entrance, being with very little theatrics, no crowd pleasing, not as much energy, but much more intense and just as demanding. He throws his longcoat off to reveal red tights and fairly black-taped wrists himself.

Joey Styles:
And look what we have here!! Two men who have been advertised in the last couple of weeks get their debuts against one another in Kofi Kingston and now, Tyler Black!

JBL:
I love it. Paul Heyman said the show must go on, an’ he must’ve been lookin’ into the future to see these two guys who may very well be the future.

Joey Styles:
Shades of earlier this year when we had the Sons of the Dungeon and American Made debut against one another in a surprise move, but that just goes to show how things work in AOW! But quite in contrast to the background information we have about Kofi Kingston, we don’t know a whole lot about this Tyler Black fellow. All we do know is his philosophy regarding the fact that this world is not quote ‘black and white’ as so it appears.

JBL:
I can understand what he’s gettin’ at, but again, I have to point out that his is professional wrestling, not a university philosophy course. He can talk about his world views all he wants to but when he steps into the ring, it’s about walkin’ the walk, not talkin’ the talk.

MATCH 3
*Double Debut*
Kofi Kingston
v.
Tyler Black

Kingston and Black take a moment to take the other one’s presence in before Kingston steps into the center of the ring…and offers a knuckle bump to Black? The normally boxing and kickboxing custom catches a few in the audience by surprise, the commentators included. Black simply stares at the gesture for a moment, some in the crowd egging him on. Instead of sharing the bump, Black grapples Kingston by the wrist and pulls Kingston in with an immediate short arm clothesline!! A rude welcoming indeed for Kofi, as Black immediately starts garnering heat with that cheap move, perhaps solidifying where he stands. Kingston springs back to his feet using the ropes to recover, as he rubs his jaw with a very offended look on his face towards Black, who simply throws his hair out of the way and stares back at Kingston.

The two take another moment before stepping towards the center ring and getting in a lock-up, Black taking Kinston over in a headlock takedown. After a moment or so, Kingston gets the headscissors on Black and forces him to let it go, both men returning vertical. As they do so once more, Black catches Kofi in the headlock takeover, this time Kingston is quicker to get the headscissors to break the lock, once again bringing both men to their feet. The two then quickly go back at one another, this time, Kingston the one wrapping up the headlock takedown. Black stays underneath Kofi for just a few seconds before getting some headscissors of his own, but he keeps Kingston in them. Kofi doesn’t rise immediately, keeping his head in the scissors and trying for a sudden jackknife cover – 1…2…NO!! Black wraps his arms around Kingston and lifts himself up before performing a full gutwrench and pulling out a backside pin – 1…2…NO!! Kingston slides off and backs away, as does Black, getting an early stalemate and some crowd appreciation.

The two approach one another once again, this time Kingston looking for a strength test. Black hesitantly obliges, the two locking fingers with both hands before trying to force the other down. It’s Black to begins to pull away here, pushing Kingston down until he’s forced to bridge, showing off some flexibility. Black tries to force the issue, but has he does, he’s clocked in the side of the head with a Kingston kick, forcing Black off. But even as Black stumbles away to tend to his wounds, Kingston stays in the bridge before turning his hips and spinning to his feet, almost in capoeira fashion. The crowd is wowed, Kingston popping back vertical and tells Black to “bring more than that, mon!” Black is unimpressed and is more than happy to oblige, charging at Kingston, but the savvy Kofi grabs his arm as he goes by, whipping him into the ropes. On the rebound, Kingston lies flat, forcing Black to rebound once again, which Kingston leaps clean over, and on the third rebound, cleanly leaps that one as well. On the fourth rebound, Kingston seemingly hovers above the ground as he nails Black with a ridiculously momentous dropkick!! Kingston with a cover – 1…2…NO!

Black keeps the match going by pulling himself up, Kingston trying to be the aggressor, but getting met with a spinning back heel kick to the gut for his troubles. Black then takes Kofi this time and chunks him towards the ropes with a whip, but it turns out to be a deke, only for Black to pull Kingston back in for a short arm forearm. He keeps a grip on the wrist and pulls Kingston back in for a back elbow shot, before yanking Kingston past him and nailing a nifty ending combination neckbreaker!! Black going for his first cover here – 1…2…NO!! Kingston throws some leg up, but Black catches it and forces him to turn over before jumping on his head, locking him in a grounded headlock. The two stay in the rest hold for a little while, only for Kingston to lift Black up for a back suplex, but Black backflips out of the move, impressing a few. Kingston uses Black’s balancing time to rush and rebound off the ropes in front of him before charging right back at Black…and HITTING A CROSS BODY THAT SENDS BOTH MEN ROOKIES TUMBLING OVER THE TOP ROPE!! Kingston THROWS his body to the wind right before we’re forced away.

**COMMERCIAL BREAK**

As soon as we come back, Black and Kingston are still on the outside, however, Black has gone on the offensive once more, dodging under a wild Kingston right hand and delivers a backhand CHOP(Wooooo!) that sends Kingston reeling. But the Jamaican/Ghanan hybrid quickly counters back with a hard right hand. Black then counters with a right hand of his own, the two continually exchanging blows. Just when there seems to be a rhythm to their punches, Kingston completely upsets it with a hard straight punch right to Black’s nose that sends him backpedaling against the iron post. Referee Ray Ramsey is already to a count of six, but Kingston looks for another straight punch here…NOBODY HOME, KINGSTON PUNCHES STEEL!! Kingston’s knuckles crunch against the unforgiving post, the kickbox-esque nature of Kingston comes to bite him on that one. Black sees a big opening on that one, now catching the reeling Kingston with another back kick, but then quickly spins behind and lifts him…and DRIVES KINGSTON’S SPINE INTO THE RING LIP WITH A BACKDROP!!

A brutal move from such a fresh face, Black now rolling Kingston in before the count out ends it and shifting gears for a cover – 1…2…NO!! Kingston somehow still has the back strength to torque his spine to throw up a shoulder. Black enters a feral state, however, taking the shoulder Kingston threw up and starts bending back the fingers on the very hand Kingston crashed against the post moments ago. Kofi is at Black’s mercy for several excruciating moments, his thousand watt smile turned into a brilliant teeth-clenched grimace. Kingston grits through the pain and gets back vertical, socking Black with his good hand before delivering a vicious kick that sends Black into a corner and off his fingers. Kingston, perhaps on instinct, socks Black with a hard right hand again, but reels as he does so, having to shake it off. Black takes advantage of the slight yet again, popping out of the corner and nailing a jumping enzeguiri that sends Kingston reeling into the ropes and following to a corner.

Black takes several steps back from the recovering Kingston before charging with a running corner elbow smash, the contact echoing around New York! The crowd “oooos” with it as Kingston damn near collapses out of the corner, gripping onto the top rope with his bad hand. As Black steps back, he realizes this and gets a leg high up, trapping Kingston’s knuckles between his boot and rope. Ramsey begins the count of five, Black torturing Kingston until a count of four. Black then lets his foot down before getting in Ramsey’s face. While Joey and JBL argue over whether this is disrespect or getting recognized, Black asks Ramsey “you think your rules matter, ref? Huh? Your black and white rules mean as much as your black and white shirt!” Ramsey looks like he wants to punch the rookie, but nonetheless, Black turns back towards Kingston and charges again, perhaps looking for another impact elbow…Kingston dodges by sitting through the middle ropes, sending Black chest first into the post before springing up…pendulum kick from Kingston! It’s Black’s turn to go reeling, as Kingston climbs back in and springs off the second then top rope…SKY HIGH CROSSBODY!! He lands square on top of Black with a cover – 1…2...3-NO!!

The explosive Kingston doesn’t appreciate that kickout, the crowd appreciating Kofi’s hangtime, but he drags Black to his feet regardless. Black springs back to life and surprises everyone with a hurricanrana! Kingston’s whipped across the ring from that move, going right back at Black, but being met with a back leg sweep that takes his legs from underneath him and gets Black a quick cover – 1…2…NO!! Kingston springs back up and nails Black with a series of sway chops before rushing and nailing a hurricanrana of his own! His flings Black all the way through the ropes and back onto the floor! Kingston starts looking around the arena before building himself up, feeling it as he rushes through the ropes with a SUICIDE DIVE…NOBODY HOME!! Black sees the move coming and darts out of the way, sending Kingston crashing to the arena floor! Black quickly rolls back inside and waves his finger at the downed Kingston before rebounding off the ropes…and leaping onto the top rope and towering over the recovering Kingston for a moment…before LEAPING WITH A PLANCHA SHOOTING STAR PRESS RIGHT ON TOP OF KINGSTON!! WOW!! These two young guns are leaving absolutely nothing on the table in their very first match! The entire crowd is in awe at that, Black wobbling to his feet, almost seemingly reaching for the announce table that’s not there.

Kingston is kept down by Black, who does reach his feet and plants a boot firmly in Kofi’s ribs before chunking him back in the ring. Black doesn’t immediately go for the cover, JBL chalking it up as a huge rookie mistake, but now going towards the top rope. He takes a moment to get his balance, but it costs him when Kingston comes to and leaps cleanly onto the top rope and begins the 10-punch! The crowd is back in awe at Kingston now, but he’s not done…FRANKENSTEIR!! A Jamaican Frankensteir! Black goes tumbling to the canvas, flopping onto his face in a little bit of overselling. Even so, he’s covered three-quarters of the ring in that regard, Kingston slowly crawling over to his position. But with every inch Kofi crawls, the ring-aware Black rolls away from him before stopping in a corner. The unprepared for a lengthy match Kingston drags Black from out of the corner and finally is able to go for a cover – 1…2…3-NO!! BLACK WITH THE GUTS!!

We don’t know either man’s movesets very well at this point in their AOW venture, but one can see they’re trying to pull out all the stops. Kingston awaits for Black to get back to his feet before hitting him again with a trifecta of sway chops and trying to get a feel back, Black coming at him with a hard clothesline, but Kofi ducks and turns it into the SOS!! The Ranhei folds his philosophical foe up for a hopeful count here – 1…2…3-NO!! The unique move still doesn’t put Black away! Kofi shows some frustration by pounding the mat with his good hand, trying to drag Tyler back up to his feet, when Black surprises him with a sleeper hold!! Black realizing the quick paces work in Kofi’s favor looks to perhaps slow him down here! Black even leaps onto Kingston’s back, forcing him to bear his own weight. It doesn’t take long for the withered Kingston to start falling towards the canvas, the match nearing the fifteen minute mark.

Black adds some bodyscissors to his hold, Kingston beginning to fade fast, but now it’s his turn to show some resiliency as he refuses to be put to sleep here, getting back to his feet. Black is ready for this, however, as he unhooks the sleeper hold on the still drowsed Kingston…AND DELIVERS A ROARING ELBOW TO THE BACK OF HIS HEAD!! WOW!! Kingston drops like an absolute stone in a move that would make Chris Hero damn proud. This possibly KOs the tropical wonder here, but again, Bradshaw mentions Black’s mistake in not covering Kingston here. Instead, Black drags the dead weight of Kingston back to his feet before looking to lift him in a belly to back position…into a reverse STO!! Belly to back suplex into a reverse STO!! The crowd hasn’t seen something like that, popping big for the unique move, possibly an answer to Kingston’s Ranhei. Black now has to shoot the half and drag over Kingston’s dead body – 1…2…3…NO!! Kingston has something in him following those two blows to keep going!

Black throws some hair back out of his face, not happy that Kofi keeps going on him here. Tyler then looks very sinisterly down at his opponent before delivering an insurance stomp to his bad knuckles. Black then steps back and appears to be stalking his prey here, the son of a Ghana noble groggily getting to his feet…only to be met by a yakuza kick!! This damn near tears Kingston’s head off and doesn’t help his possible concussion as Black goes for another cover now – 1…2…3-FOOT ON THE ROPES! Kingston might not have his head screwed on straight by this point, but he still knows where he is! Black again throws his hair out of his face in frustration before throwing Kingston’s foot off the ropes. We can see by the look in Black’s eyes, he’s running through all the moves he’s done and all the moves he still has in his repertoire. He has an ‘aha’ moment and brings Kingston back up and looks to pull him up for a powerbomb, but Kingston gets out by dropping behind Black…TROUBLE IN PARADISE…AS BLACK FLOPS THROUGH THE MIDDLE ROPES TO THE FLOOR!! The crowd may not know if it’s his finisher, but it is in awe at the 540 roundhouse executed by Kingston, who looks on in a bit of frustration himself that Black has flopped to the floor. He tries to shake the cobwebs out of his head and takes a moment to gather himself before looking down to see Black on the outside, using the barricade to get to his feet after being knocked out. Kingston then rushes towards the opposite ropes, leaping through the middle rope…SUICIDE DIVE CONNECTING THIS TIME, KINGSTON A MISSLILE INTO BLACK!! Both rookies are laid out yet AGAIN!! The crowd is giving both of these men their utmost respect in their debuts as we cut yet away for a second time.

**COMMERCIAL BREAK**

As we focus back from the commercial into the ring and these two very impressive young men, Kingston has evidently reset the count out at some point, as the referee is only at a three count and he’s vertical. Kingston roams over and grabs Black by his drooping locks and barely has the strength anymore to throw black back under, but attempts to do so anyway. Black stunts him by delivering a backhand blow to his gut before taking his battered hand and drives it against the ring lip! Kinston reels as Black climbs onto the apron and looks to get back in, but Kofi keeps pace and leaps back into the apron, the two having another back and forth. Kingston counters one of Black’s punches and wraps his arm…hip toss from the apron back into the ring!! Black tumbles back into the fray, Kingston now impatiently and excitingly awaiting for Tyler to get back up before springboarding and soaring…RIGHT INTO A DROPKICK!! Black knocks the aerodynamic Kingston right out of the air, going for another cover – 1…2…3-NO!! Kofi stays alive even longer!!

Black doesn’t cry over this spilt milk, as he takes Kingston and drives a knee into his gut before whipping him hard into a corner. Kofi’s spine bounces hard off the post, sending him back towards his dark foe, who hoists him on his shoulders…fireman’s carry facebuster!! Black flings Kingston a good bit as he lands flat on his face and chest, prompting him to coil in pain for a moment. Black doesn’t way for Kingston to do much else as he falls back flat on his face, as he drives a knee drop into the back of Kingston’s head! Again Black going for the possible concussion, rolling Kingston over once more – 1…2…3-NO!! Kingston still has enough in him! Black again starts wrenching back Kofi’s fingers then, causing him to yelp in pain. Kofi still gets vertical, but as soon as he does, he’s thrown back towards a corner by Black. The athletic Kingston counters by leaping onto the middle rope and jumping right back at the pursuing Black…AND NAILS A TORNADO DDT!! WOW!!

Both men lie absolutely flatlined and eagle spread, the only thing even remotely looking like life is after a dramatic moment of motionlessness, Kingston grabs at his hurt fingers and tucks them under his body, only for the entire audience to start chiming up in a “THIS IS AWESOME!” chant. The two men lie almost perfectly still for more than a minute until Kingston crawls to life, and slings an arm across the body of his opponent – 1…2…3-NO!! BLACK ROLLS A SHOULDER!! These two young guns are literally pulling it all out, Kingston now getting vertical and shaking his wrist, trying to wake up his hurt knuckles before running at the ropes and coming back to Black’s body and shifting his shoulders – “BOOM! BOOM!” – before leaping with the “BOOM” leg drop!! This gets one last excited gasp from the crowd as Kingston rolls away after impact and takes his turn to stalk Black now, as he starts slowly clapping his hands above his head, the crowd soon catching on and clapping with him as Black slowly begins getting to his feet as Kingston goes for another TROUBLE IN PARADISE…BLACK DUCKS, wary of the blow after being already struck once. Black goes for what looks like a SUPERKICK, but Kingston ducks that, the Yakuza kick coming back to his memory. That flash dodge turns into ANOTHER TROUBLE IN PARADISE…ANOTHER DODGE by Black, who takes Kingston from behind…SWINGING LIFTING INVETED DDT!! PAROXYSM!! All those blows to the head come right back into play, Kingston possibly being concussed completely, as Black floats into a double leg hook cover – 1…2…3…!!!

Winner: Tyler Black at (25:11)

Black uncoils the small package pin lies eagle spread alongside Kingston, these two literally leaving it all in the ring on their debut night. And the crowd stands up and gives both of these men a STANDING OVATION ON THEIR VERY FIRST NIGHT. At that, they’ve taken up a full third of the show with their efforts, as the clock is almost striking 10:30. No one seems to care, least of all Tyler Black, who is the first to rise to his feet, using the ropes to crawl up. He also seems to be dejecting the crowd reaction. The zebra helps Kingston get to his feet, who also has to lean on the ropes and takes in his reaction.

JBL:
Well I’ll be damned.

Joey Styles:
You and me and every single person in this arena and watching at home.

JBL:
You wanna talk about bustin’ your ass to make a name for yourself, you wanna talk about bustin’ your ass to put on a show, you wanna talk about bustin’ your ass for the whole wrestlin’ world to see, an’ these two young guns did just that.

Joey Styles:
On a night where the world was shocked and shockwaved by the destruction of Paul Heyman, two young men have grabbed center stage and given AOW the heads up that they are here and that they are for real. Tyler Black picking up a victory in his first ever match against Kofi Kingston and this crowd is showing them the utmost respect for both of their respective efforts here this evening.

JBL:
But what about our main event? We’ve still got a number one contender’s match to get to!

Joey Styles:
True, Bradshaw, but we’re pretty close to going off the air. But I’m not even sure if Samoa Joe and Finlay could have given more than these two men did here tonight. Almost a half hour of defiance from them both, with Tyler Black just edging out Kofi Kingston with the move he calls the Paroxysm, playing repeatedly off of Kingston’s blows to the head.

JBL:
An’ I think more than anything, we realized just who these two young men are tonight. I’ve seen men cut promos in that ring an’ reveal less of who they are than both of these kids did tonight. You’ve got the best kept secret from the tropics, Kofi Kingston, who can get some damn good hangtime, is willin’ to throw caution to the wind, but he’s not afraid of the ground and pound. Then we got Tyler Black, who you can’t take your eye off for a second because he hits so many combinations and can come from anywhere.

Joey Styles:
Not to mention he’s pretty ruthless, going right after every weakness or injury Kingston had in this contest. And what’s this…?

A neck-gripping Kingston is approaching center ring, Black looking on ominously. Kinston is struggling to get around a little bit, but he makes it to the middle…before extending his hand towards Black. He still wants that knuckle bump. Black approaches him with a semi look of disbelief, not entirely sure why Kingston still wants it after all that. He sits there and stares at him for a moment…before his face twists into a grin and he starts laughing to himself and walks right past Kingston, garnering a solid fray of heat. Kingston drops the fist in rejection as Black tumbles through the ropes and starts walking back up the ramp, still smiling and laughing to himself.

Joey Styles:
Kingston obviously still wanting a show of respect from Tyler Black, but Black just laughing him off and heading going back.

JBL:
How smart is this kid. Takin’ nothin’ away from Kofi Kingston, but Tyler Black didn’t need to bump fists with anybody. He just beat him an’ stole this whole damn show. He doesn’t need anyone else’s approval tonight.

Joey Styles:
But how smart is this, Bradshaw? On your first night, you’re already making enemies? What’s that? Uh, folks, I’m getting word from the truck that there’s something going on backstage…

~Backstage halls…

There is indeed something going on, as Samoa Joe and Finlay have sparked yet another one of their infamous brawls! There are officials lying everywhere, as apparently, this has been going on for a while, and they’ve thrown their restrictors by the wayside! Finlay is in control here, bashing Joe with several rights and forcing him to back away into a wall, but Joe quickly pushes him off and charges at him, breaking an emergency glass behind them!! Finlay reels and holds his back from that blow, with Joe grabbing what was in the safety glass – a fire extinguisher!! Possibly a call-back to their very first brawl, Joe grabs the tank of chemicals and doesn’t open fire. Instead, he takes the extinguisher itself…and damn near breaks it open on Finlay’s back!!

Finlay collapses now, his vertebrate possibly broken here! Joe stares at his fallen rival for a moment before raising the tank again…but he’s struck in the knee by Finlay’s shillelagh!! Evidently dropped at some point, Finlay finds it on the floor around him and drives it into Joe!! This causes the Submission Machine to drop the extinguisher and grab at his appendage, Finlay struggling to his feet and gripping his back…before delivering another cruel shot to the knee!! Joe writhes in pain before Finlay drops his staff and again tends to his lower back before picking Joe up and looking to chunk him through a double-door.

Despite the pain, Joe starts fighting back once more. The two do a brawling dance for a bit, both men getting several blows on each other before Joe, on the power of one knee, lifts Finlay across his chest! We can see he’s struggling mightily, but he puts everything he has left into one final charge…BREAKING BOTH HE AND FINLAY THROUGH THE DOUBLE DOORS!! OH MY GOD!! The doors are torn right off their hinges and lay damn near destroyed, as Joe rolls off of Finlay, gripping his potentially broken knee, while Finlay tends to his possibly destroyed back.

As we get a shot of them writhing in pain and attempting to get to their feet, we also get a shot of where they are – the parking garage. Not too far from them, we see what looks like a limousine…before it cranks up and the headlights turn on. Finlay and Joe don’t pay any attention to this, as Joe starts hopping on one leg on over to the still downed Finlay, pulling him back up to finish the job. But the limo driver has other plans, the limo roaring towards Joe and Finlay…AND HITS BOTH MEN!! FINLAY AND JOE ARE HIT BY A CAR!! It seemingly clips Joe’s injured knee, getting more of Finlay, who rolls off the hood right back onto his further damaged back!!

Both men are in undeniable pain now, no matter how tough they are, they just got run over! The limo backs up a bit before it begins to pull away and begins turning out of the parking garage. As it does so, it stops as one of its rear windows rolls down…and we see Chris Jericho smirking out the window, looking down on the destruction that was obviously premeditated. The devil just couldn’t live with one lost soul tonight, Jericho’s evil smirk slinking back into the limo as the elongated car rolls off. On this Oblivion, the final thought may be the memory of two young men proving their worth, but the final image is a heavy reminder that we may be in for anarchy, as Finlay and Samoa Joe try to crawl back not into contention, but merely to their feet from a power-hungry champion as we

Fade…

To….

Black…

END SHOW

THIS IS EXILE
IZOD Center – East Rutherford, New Jersey
February 3rd, 2008
*Current Card*

~AOW Heavyweight Championship~
Chris Jericho(c) v. Samoa Joe OR Finlay

DO A LITTLE DANCE; MAKE A LITTLE LOVE

GET CUTE TONIGHT