Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - 2012-13 English Premier League/Cups Thread (Sometimes being BRAVE is not enough)

View Single Post

Old 09-23-2012, 09:54 AM   #4060 (permalink)
Foreshadowed
Sacrificed It All, To Enrich My Life For A Second!

Foreshadowed 31501 - 50000Foreshadowed 31501 - 50000Foreshadowed 31501 - 50000Foreshadowed 31501 - 50000Foreshadowed 31501 - 50000Foreshadowed 31501 - 50000Foreshadowed 31501 - 50000Foreshadowed 31501 - 50000Foreshadowed 31501 - 50000Foreshadowed 31501 - 50000Foreshadowed 31501 - 50000
Default re: 2012-13 English Premier League/Cups Thread (Winning at home is overrated anyways)

Great feeling to obtain the 3 points at Anfield but I am disappointed with how United played even with the extra man advantage. It reminded me of how we played against City in the FA Cup last season where we dominated possession at times but then gave the ball away casually and the opposing team would create a lot of chances from it by piling men forward and controlling the midfield. This game replicated that somewhat.

The 3 man midfield just didn't work with Carrick/Giggs/Kagawa and Nani and Evra both win the Worst United Player on the Anfield pitch award for both equally being shit all game. Luckily for Evra, he got to play the full 90 minutes, so we got more time to see some classic Evra fuck ups. Sterling had his number all game and constantly had the beating of him. Even going forward Evra offered nothing. Nani was complete garbage from start to finish, didn't create anything, didn't try to take on Kelly, kept giving the ball away and his first touch was a disgrace.

Kagawa picked things up second half and really worked hard but wasn't at his absolute best. Giggs was meh, Carrick was decent and Scholes was alright but was very sloppy at times. Valencia was great tracking back and did try to take Johnson on at times but again, not his full beast mode we're usually accustomed to. Van Persie was non-existent but it was nice to see him score the penalty and to see United finally score a penalty.

Our back four (excluding Evra) was pretty solid with Ferdinand doing well against Suarez and Evans had another good game. Rafael was brilliant; sure he made a few mistakes here and there, which resulted in a huge gap down the left wing but at least he tried to get back unlike Evra, who constantly jogged back, not giving a care in the world. Rafael did well against Borini at times, winning the ball and linked up with Valencia well and showed a lot of urgency. Rafael was brilliant going forward and his equalising goal was beautiful, especially on his weaker foot. Not as good as the goal against Arsenal with the left footed volley but still, a great goal.

Anders actually had a really good game also and made some great saves to keep us in it. I still think De Gea deserved to start but still, a good display.

Gerrard rightfully deserved Man of the Match after being poor all season, he looked great today. Ferdinand and Rafael were our two best players today but I'd give the nod to Rafael now due to the goal and trying to create things going forward.

As for the penalties; I think the Evans challenge on Suarez wasn't a penalty as you can see Evans won the ball. The penalty decision for the challenge from Johnson on Valencia I'm still undecided. Part of me thinks it's a penalty due to Johnson pushing into Valencia and clipping his ankle but at the same time, it looks like Valencia is going down rather easy. I'll have to see it a few more times to come to a conclusive decision. Some United players need to cut that shit out though (diving) as it's a disgusting, dirty tactic.

Liverpool fans should be pleased with the performance though as even with 10 men and even with 9 men, you worked hard and created many chances. If it wasn't for the red card on Shelvey, it would have been a different outcome for sure.

Still, 3 points is 3 points.

R.I.P Ben (best dog in the world)

|12.04.05-09.06.14|