Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Election Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 09-23-2012, 12:56 AM   #159 (permalink)
ChainGangRed
Working on my abs

ChainGangRed 501 - 1000ChainGangRed 501 - 1000ChainGangRed 501 - 1000ChainGangRed 501 - 1000ChainGangRed 501 - 1000ChainGangRed 501 - 1000
Default Re: Election Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrilla View Post
Obama clearly doesn't support a war with Russia. saying that they're the same is a huge generalization. yes both support democracy and capitalism. yes they might not support your or my obscure political policy opinions. there are still clear differences in the candidates. do you really think "obamacare" would exist if McCain had been elected? do you really think McCain would've pulled troops out of Iraq to the same extent Obama has? yes I'm aware there are still troops there, but it's a dramatically smaller number than it was before. presidents are always going to be pretty moderate especially in their first term, but to say they're both the same is again a HUGE generalization.

there are plenty of things Obama has done that I don't support, but I'm not going to say we'd be better off or "exactly the same" with a Republican president. at least not with the modern day candidates and Republican party.
I am not sure if you are well educated in what is currently going on...Syria is having a rebellion at the moment which is currently being backed up by America and NATO as a whole. The Syrian regime is recognized by Iran and Russia as a sovereign state. Russian leaders have repeatedly warned Obama that if America and NATO continue to support the rebellion, war is very likely. America and NATO still support the rebel forces in Syria. Now if that seems like our President is worried about going to war with Russia then I don't know what else would make it seem like he isn't.

Also I don't think either support capitalism or democracy. If by supporting capitalism you mean my statements of them being crony capitalists then I need to tell you that crony capitalism is the use of government agencies to support businesses to improve the economy. Actual capitalism would be about free markets not favoritism and lobbying. As for democracy, I think my whole past few votes show that I don't think either is really democratic. Though if you mean me saying they want to spread democracy, then yes, I am not entirely sure that is their real goal. I think it is more likely they want allies in specific parts of the world to maintain control in those areas.

I don't really think Obamacare is going to do what we are told it will do. If you looked at when it was passed, the people who supported it basically said it was just more money to special interest groups.

I'm sure McCain would of coward under political pressure to remove some of the troops from Iraq, though that is one area where I see it possibly may have been worse under McCain.

Last edited by ChainGangRed : 09-23-2012 at 01:01 AM.
ChainGangRed is offline   Reply With Quote