Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Comics and Graphic Novels Vol. 2
View Single Post
post #345 of (permalink) Old 09-22-2012, 09:23 PM
reDREDD
Celestial Messiah

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: Comics and Graphic Novels Vol. 2

here comes tomorrow was a very weak mix of apocalypse and days of future past. the fact that beast was a bad guy kinda gave that away, but i felt it wrapped up his run rather nicely

planet x was just weird

but i'll stand by the weapon x stuff he did, i think it really did open up a lot new areas and actually expanded on the stuff did before by other x writers. its such a simple yet effective idea. what if weapon X was actually weapon 10. and voila. you just opened the door to some pretty cool ideas and characters. the fact its used in so many stories today, including uncanny x force proves that what he did there was pretty helpful

a proper writer moves forward, draws from the past and tries to create a new playset of toys or characters. asides from planet x which probably had something to do with his cat dying, i think he did that. cool new ideas. fun storytelling. moved forward. and expanded on the past. and he did it without overexposing wolverine like so many do.

i still think that going over wolverine's past 100% is a bad idea. a few hints and drops is good, but origins just killed whatever mystique he had left

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome