Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Comics and Graphic Novels Vol. 2

View Single Post

Old 09-22-2012, 08:23 PM   #345 (permalink)
reDREDD
Celestial Messiah

reDREDD made the HOF BallotreDREDD made the HOF BallotreDREDD made the HOF BallotreDREDD made the HOF BallotreDREDD made the HOF BallotreDREDD made the HOF BallotreDREDD made the HOF BallotreDREDD made the HOF BallotreDREDD made the HOF BallotreDREDD made the HOF BallotreDREDD made the HOF Ballot
Default Re: Comics and Graphic Novels Vol. 2

here comes tomorrow was a very weak mix of apocalypse and days of future past. the fact that beast was a bad guy kinda gave that away, but i felt it wrapped up his run rather nicely

planet x was just weird

but i'll stand by the weapon x stuff he did, i think it really did open up a lot new areas and actually expanded on the stuff did before by other x writers. its such a simple yet effective idea. what if weapon X was actually weapon 10. and voila. you just opened the door to some pretty cool ideas and characters. the fact its used in so many stories today, including uncanny x force proves that what he did there was pretty helpful

a proper writer moves forward, draws from the past and tries to create a new playset of toys or characters. asides from planet x which probably had something to do with his cat dying, i think he did that. cool new ideas. fun storytelling. moved forward. and expanded on the past. and he did it without overexposing wolverine like so many do.

i still think that going over wolverine's past 100% is a bad idea. a few hints and drops is good, but origins just killed whatever mystique he had left