Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - best wwe videogame
View Single Post
post #21 of (permalink) Old 09-22-2012, 12:56 PM
#ROOT
Taking orders from THE MACHINE

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Re: best wwe videogame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolquip View Post
Why is Atttitude on the list and not No Mercy? HATED Attitude.

My list (Haven't played any of the OG Xbox games)

1. HCTP
2. No Mercy
3. DOR 2 ( Though I like the match selection of WM XIX)
4. WWE '12 (Yes it has flaws, but Hell I still play it.)

Can people tell me why they liked SM2 and SvR06. Never played Smackdown and haven't owned 06 in years.
SD 2 has that arcade-y feel to it, with the fast paced action and craziness and whatnot, while still giving us a great wrestling game with the grappling system (which WWF games hadn't had on the PS1 until the first SD game). Plus it has an amazing roster from my personal favourite year (2000), TONS of match types, title belt history and contender rankings which is a nice feature, and a good season mode which I've played for over 20 years personally. The first year of it is great too for including a bunch of actual angles used in 2000 (WM, Backlash/Austin's return, JD Iron Man with HBK, SS with triple threat etc). And every so often you'd wrestle one of those unknown wrestlers and if you beat them you got a new set of moves (based on real wrestlers). Just an incredibly fun game with tons of great features and re-playability that we just don't see any more.

As for SVR 06... its basically HCTP but with an updated roster for the time, GM mode, and small improvements here and there to make it something other than a clone of HCTP.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome