Wrestling Forum banner

Why all the hate on Sheamus?

10K views 113 replies 73 participants last post by  Swarhily 
#1 ·
Sure he wins nearly every match he's in, but he's doing his job really well. Soon he will be the face of the WWE and he is currently the most over wrestler in the business, so why the hate?

#4 ·
Because he is only in his current position because he works out with HHH. He adds nothing to the company he sounds dull and is involved in the most boring feuds in existence. He has managed to devaluate the title and his current superhuman like booking is a joke, I doubt even Cena could beat him at the moment... He can nearly work a match as he gets gassed 5 mins in and has to be carried by superior talents.

#6 ·
Because he is only in his current position because he works out with HHH. He adds nothing to the company he sounds dull and is involved in the most boring feuds in existence. He has managed to devaluate the title and his current superhuman like booking is a joke, I doubt even Cena could beat him at the moment... He can nearly work a match as he gets gassed 5 mins in and has to be carried by superior talents.
What exactly does Daniel Bryan 'add' to the company? Please explain.

#14 ·
I don't get it either, he is great brawler & is funny. Probably because most think he is booked like Cena.

I shudder to think how the IWC will react once Sheamus is in a program with Punk.

Reactions: Alleluia
#16 ·
because he isn't that good... at anything. he is over, but he got over with corny jokes, superman booking and having a goofy look that kids like. it's not impressive. a LOT of people can do it.

his matches are predictable. there's literally no point to watching a Sheamus match ever again as long as he's WHC. sure he'll lose it eventually, but it won't be worth going through the pain of watching basically the same match happen over and over and over and over. he's getting pushed ridiculously fucking hard because he works out with Triple H, so of course he's going to hold the title for what will seem like forever. every single match, he gets his arm worked on, thrown into the ring post, only to do the white noise out of nowhere, pound his chest and win with a Brogue Kick. people like to shit all over ADR for not getting a reaction, but anytime he does manage to get a reaction and get on a roll, his momentum is fucking raped by Super Saiyan Sheamus. why would anyone give a flying fuck about ADR when everyone knows he's basically Sheamus' personal bitch for the last 6 months?

but that's not the point. the superman booking is out of control. it seriously has to fucking stop. you've built him up to be so fucking indestructible, damn near Cena levels if not worse, just have him fucking lose one time. his record since winning the title is out of this world. having him lose or tap out just ONCE when he's been put in an armbar for a collective 2 weeks straight isn't going to do irreversible damage to him. it's not going to be a devastating blow to have Sheamus lose. for fucks sake, he's made ADR and Daniel Bryan tap out. he's been knocked the fuck out by ADR's headkick like 4 or 5 times, a car hood slammed on his head, beaten by a gang of people, beaten by hired goons, cross armbreaker'd off the stage like 3 times, and he doesn't give a shit. one of my favorite moments of Super Sheamus was when ADR and Ricardo beat the shit out of him after ADR obviously lost at MiTB or whatever it was. Sheamus lays there limp, presumably out cold and Ziggler comes out to cash in his MITB. Sheamus no-sells the beating he just took and the multiple beatings hes taken over the last few months and revives instantly and Brogue Kick's Ziggler. absolutely no point for that to happen.it's become a chore to watch anything Sheamus related. corny and fucking generally brutal on the mic, passable in the ring but has no fucking stamina whatsoever.

he's just shit to be quite honest with you.

#99 ·
He isn't getting pushed because of Triple H. If that was the case Drew McIntyre would be getting pushed to the moon because of Vince McMahon and he has yet to get a good push.
Are they really friends and I have been in the moon lately or do you believe the chosen one storyline was real?

Bad mic work
Boring feud with ADR
Average matches
Lately he has been STALE, predictable, boring...

#24 · (Edited)
He has one of the worst, goofiest, most fucked up appearances any wrestler has ever had, to a point where taking him seriously as a WWE superstar is impossible regardless of his size, he's terrible on the mic, he adds nothing, and much like Batista, if it wasn't for Triple H, he never would've gotten even a slight break. I'm not gonna shit on the Superman gimmick because if it wasn't him, it would just be somebody else. That's never going away and it's not a problem he exclusively creates, so he, as a talent is not responsible for that. He was terrible as a heel too. But having such a bad talent consistently win IS irritating beyond belief.

Also, most over in the company? LOL, please. He squashed Bryan in 18 seconds and the guy who got humiliated was the one who the fans accepted, he got shit on. He doesn't get anywhere near the pops that Cena gets, Orton is more over than him, Punk is more over than him, Bryan is more over than him. Even RyBack is on pace to catch up with him within a number of months.

The one thing I'll say in his defense is that unlike Cena, Orton, Hogan, Batista, Nash, Warrior, and generally most other top level guys, unlike those people, who are all pricks, Sheamus appears to be a genuinely nice, likeable person when he's NOT on WWE television as a character. But as a character, just awful.

#37 ·
I just don't see anything that makes me care about him, at all. He's like Cena of today but without the actual talent that got Cena into that spot in the first place.

He's not good on the mic and never has been, but that's not really needed cause he's a generic goof babyface, not a fan of his 'look' but thats just personal I guess, I have no interest in a Irish 'hooligan' gimmick. I think he's definitely got main event level in ring skills, his size, strength and move-set are really good.

I guess he could be a good addition if he was a monster heel or a tweener who did what he wanted, but as I said he's John Cena without anything that made me like Cena or I still like about him.

#43 ·
I don't mind Sheamus, but I think most people are getting tired of him just because of the way he is booked. Notice how nobody here (anyone with a brain at least) is badmouthing Sheamus as a person. He's a thoroughly likeable guy and nobody would wish harm on the guy, but the company already has one 'superman'. You can still promote a guy as one of the major faces of the company and have him lose once in a while. You really start to wonder who the hell will be the next person to defeat the guy cleanly.

#44 ·
i agree, he's doing a good job.

#45 ·
All you sheamus lovers are retarded. Look at the way your savior has been booked at wrestlemania where he used his rumble victory. Creative knew that on the biggest stage of them all that the guy he was facing would turn the crowd instantly creating a huge double turn that would shit on their investment in sheamus. That is fucking pathetic. They knew that the only way his credibility wouldn't be shot is if they get the match over fucking quickly. How the hell can you deny this? If he wrestled the whole match Bryan would be more over than he is today. And too all you people that say overness is about the crowd pop, ure retarded. Boos and the yes and no chants are forms of being over. Not just cheer. Too be over is to get a reaction.

#46 ·
All you sheamus lovers are retarded. Look at the way your savior has been booked at wrestlemania where he used his rumble victory. Creative knew that on the biggest stage of them all that the guy he was facing would turn the crowd instantly creating a huge double turn that would shit on their investment in sheamus. That is fucking pathetic. They knew that the only way his credibility wouldn't be shot is if they get the match over fucking quickly. How the hell can you deny this? If he wrestled the whole match Bryan would be more over than he is today. And too all your people that say overness is about the crowd pop, ure retarded. Boos and the yes and no chants are forms of being over. Not just cheer. Too be over is to get a reaction.
Insults aside this is actually a really good point. Had that match not lasted 18 seconds we would have seen a double turn because there was no way that crowd was going to boo Danile Bryan that night.

#49 ·
I don't hate or dislike Sheamus at all, I think he's a pretty good worker. What I hate is how fucking shit the WWE have booked his character. I mean, why do we need another John Cena? Then the fact that in order to get him over, WWE had him use Daniel Bryan's 'Yes!' chants because sections of the crowd were starting to turn on him. As much as I like Sheamus as a worker, I honestly can't wait until Dolph Ziggler cashes in the MITB.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.