Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Half Life 3 - open world? Oh snap, World of Halflife...

View Single Post

Old 09-20-2012, 07:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
Phenom
Carrying SCOTT STEINER's bags

Phenom probably won't be missedPhenom probably won't be missedPhenom probably won't be missedPhenom probably won't be missedPhenom probably won't be missedPhenom probably won't be missedPhenom probably won't be missedPhenom probably won't be missedPhenom probably won't be missedPhenom probably won't be missedPhenom probably won't be missed
Default Re: Half Life 3 - open world? Oh snap, World of Halflife...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
I don't want it open world. Last open world (FPS) I played was Wolfenstein, and it was bad. Valve is fantastic at linear games, so why change it. Besides I don't believe the anonymous source.
I thought Wolfenstein was a brilliant arcade shooter - just another great release from Raven. I wouldn't really describe it as open world, myself.

But yeah, please keep Half-Life linear. Open world games tend to be too vast for their own good, providing empty and meaningless experiences, where gameplay consists mostly of tramping about from one distant location to the next. It's as if developers go all out and create this big wide open expanse to explore, then don't know what to do with it. I'd rather Half-Life have the focussed pace and drive of a regular shooter.
Phenom is offline   Reply With Quote