Wrestling Forum banner

Antonio Cesaro speaking different languages

11K views 54 replies 49 participants last post by  Stall_19 
#1 ·
Anybody else getting sick of his bit where he comes out and says something in 5 different languages? Well guess what Antonio.. I have babelfish too!

Now I will describe his act in 5 different languages

In Dutch: Oude

In German: Veralteter

In French: Périmés

In Spanish: Rancias

In English: Stale

#3 ·
Re: Antonio Cesaro

I don't like the 5 languages thing, but because he says stupid stuff like: Excellence, Victory, Stupid, Unfair! I think the idea to like, emphasize he knows 5 languages is good. But not how they're doing it. If he drew comparisons between Europeans and Americans I think that would be better. Like "5 ways Europeans are better than Americans" would probably be funny for all of us (IWC) and obnoxious and heat worthy for normal watchers. Like "So I was playing fuuuuuuuuuuuuutball the other day, much better than anyone here is this crowd!" Especially with the US title, it's like they're begging him to play up the European gimmick.

#4 ·
Re: Antonio Cesaro

What ever gets him on tv and keeps him tv I dont care what his gimmick is

#11 · (Edited)
It does nothing for me. I would like for it to help me get into him as a heel but it's just generic to me. It's not as bad as his crotch grab finisher. I hate that even more. The upper cut he used at the PPV should be his finisher.... or Barrett's.

#29 · (Edited)
I'm not entirely thrilled about what he's been given so far (on the mic, as a gimmick), but it's a foot in the door. I'm just biding my time because Cesaro can be a great heel. He just needs something to talk about, and an actual feud wouldn't hurt either. It's kind of ridiculous that the current US champ hasn't even had a feud in the company yet.

I find it funny that Sandow always gets mixed into conversation with Cesaro, just because they debuted around the same time. They're such different performers, and they're both going to the top. I'm really looking forward to seeing The Swiss Sensation (and Sandow) mix it up in the main event. Anything less would be a missed opportunity.

It does nothing for me. I would like for it to help me get into him as a heel but it's just generic to me. It's not as bad as his crotch crab finisher. I hate that even more. The upper cut he used at the PPV should be his finisher.... or Barrett's.
Well if that's the case, Barrett might as well adopt the "Kings of Wrestling" moniker as well. He already stole Ohno's elbow. :p The uppercut should be his finisher though. It's much more impressive than the Gotch, I agree.

#15 ·
its just such a shame he seems like he has a lot of talent. hes quite athletic and seems to be pretty intelligent from his commentary but he has to waste it with such a lame gimmick like saying a word 5 times. The worst part is he has a super hot diva that follows him around and hes not using her to his advantage exespt when she isn't occasionally taming snakes

#16 ·
[...]
[...]
Well, it's quite obvious whatever program you used for translation didn't give you the correct one. It's 'veraltet', 'alt', 'abgestanden' in German.

the stupid thing is there is no Switz language...maybe Tyson kidd should speak in "Canadian" more often
That can only come from someone who has never heard a Swiss person talking. Trust me - it might have roots in German and it might even have been German some time down the road, but it's far from it now. Technically, it's just a dialect, but get a true Switzerlander to talk like he'd talk to another Swiss person, and any German or even Austrian would be hard-pressed to even remotely follow what's being said.
It's not just pronunciation, but words being used quite differently.

#18 ·
That can only come from someone who has never heard a Swiss person talking. Trust me - it might have roots in German and it might even have been German some time down the road, but it's far from it now. Technically, it's just a dialect, but get a true Switzerlander to talk like he'd talk to another Swiss person, and any German or even Austrian would be hard-pressed to even remotely follow what's being said.
It's not just pronunciation, but words being used quite differently.
Indeed, I’m Swiss and I’m working with German lasses, they’ve got absolute no chance understanding the Swiss dialect, they are living in Switzerland for a few years now like.

At least they can understand some Words of Basel Swiss German but I’m speaking Bern Siwss German and they’ve got no chance at all :eek:.(There are a lot of different dialects in Switzerland, as example I have trouble to understand people from Wallis Speaking they’re weird Walls Swiss German :lol).

Hell, Antonio is from Lucerne and I would say some of his Swiss words completely different XD

#17 ·
It's a really terrible gimmick and a shame for Cesaro since anyone who has followed his career will know he can do a lot better than this. I know they've put the US Title on him but they've really dropped the ball and from the very start positioned him as someone the fans SHOULDN'T care about. I mean, you can't have him debut against geeks on Smackdown, beat them in underwhelming matches, then go away for a few weeks to do NXT, FCW and Superstars, and then expect him to get over. Add in feuds with the likes of Santino and Brodus and I'm not sure what WWE can expect him to do. He's in a very shitty position.

#25 ·
I lol'ed at the OP, but yeah, this gimmick sucks. It's become stale already and it shows how awful the creative team is when this is all they come up with for the guy to do. Stale is the perfect term to describe it and I suppose that's fitting with how boring Cesaro is as a character.

I must stress once again how absolutely BOSS his theme music is though. Thank you.
His theme song sucks. The whole foreign rap thing doesn't go with his serious character at all.

#20 · (Edited)
FAIL MATE, HE TALKS IN ITALIAN NOT DUTCH LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!

But nah, it doesn't bother me at all to be honest, it's just a cheap tactic to try and get some heat from the crowd. I must stress once again how absolutely BOSS his theme music is though. Thank you.
Double fail lad haha, he doesnt speak spanish either! its:
English
Italian
German
French
Swiss German (Lucerne Dialect)

#24 ·
American audiences dont like foreigners...Thats why they are going with the whole five different languages because they're hoping that it will really annoy the crowd and get him heat.

It does suck, but it's got him on TV atm and he has captured the US title. Somewhere down the line if things work for him, either it will evolve into something a bit more complex and interesting, or he will break out into another direction completely.

#49 ·
He captured the US Title because anyone is an improvement over Santino. I'm not saying that Cesaro isn't good but his gimmick isn't that interesting.

#26 ·
Anybody else getting sick of his bit where he comes out and says something in 5 different languages? Well guess what Antonio.. I have babelfish too!

Now I will describe his act in 5 different languages

In Dutch: Oude

In French: Périmés

In Spanish: Rancias

I don't know where you got that word, but it's definitly not the German word for "stale". "Veraltet" is "dated" or "out-of-date". The proper german translation would be "uninteressant", "langweilig" or "fad", depending on the context. Just sayin ;)

#27 ·
WWE is just being lazy and presenting a standard foreign heel to get the crowd to boo. The problem with Cesaro is that his mic skills aren't that great. He plays the foreign heel character well, but he's not connecting that well with the crowd. Maybe putting him in a tag team with another foreign heel is a better solution as that will solidify his character more.

#28 ·
Its a decent gimmick but they should have given him an MVP type gimmick if they really wanted him as a former rugby star. He needs to add some ruthless aggression. Plus yeah that uppercut he used would be a better finisher than whatever he calls that thing he uses. Something Rubgy related lol maybe The Pounce would have worked. If not give him that awful Overdrive

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.