Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Election Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 09-20-2012, 01:21 AM   #106 (permalink)
Genesis 1.0
===Valar Morghulis===

Genesis 1.0 has posts worth readingGenesis 1.0 has posts worth readingGenesis 1.0 has posts worth readingGenesis 1.0 has posts worth readingGenesis 1.0 has posts worth readingGenesis 1.0 has posts worth readingGenesis 1.0 has posts worth readingGenesis 1.0 has posts worth readingGenesis 1.0 has posts worth readingGenesis 1.0 has posts worth readingGenesis 1.0 has posts worth reading
Default Re: Election Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye81 View Post
Can I ask a question to you?

I get the impression that a lot of people will vote for Romney only because Obama did such a bad job the last 4 years.

I find this suprising, because Obama had to follow Bush. He gets criticized for a lot of things Bush did not Obama.
Also the Senate is republican so everything Obama comes up with (health care plans) gets shot down, and then you complain that he did nothing for you the last 4 years. Isn't that a little bit hypocritical?

I am not a US citizen, I'm from Europe. But always have been interested in US elections, the dynamics I find them fascinating.
As a student of American politics, you'll notice the key here is that the American public has a case of nigh-terminal ADD, coupled with short term memory loss.

They forget what each party accomplishes or fails at within the span of less than 3 years with the rare exceptions coming when you have candidates / incumbents that are especially gifted at holding their attention. All issues MUST be resolved within 3 to 3.5 years or you're in danger of being tossed out on your ear.

Here's the kicker, they actually expect the candidates to DO what they PROMISE on the campaign trail! Can you imagine?

So let's review: ADD + Memory Loss + Lack of Patience = Modern American Politics

=="Turn All Creation To Ash, Ryujin Jakka."==

Sig emerged from the dark & twisted mind of A$AP
Genesis 1.0 is offline   Reply With Quote