Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

NFL Thread: RAVENS SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

326K views 7K replies 218 participants last post by  Notorious 
#1 ·
Preseason cranks up tomorrow and that means we're less than a month from games that count.

This is the best time of year.

#2,995 ·
Re: NFL Thread: Week 6 - LUCK

I'm still under the notion that Norv Turner is 100% inept at his job at this point. His RB is averaging over 6 yards a carry and he not only keeps him benched in the beginning of the game, he also leaves him on the bench at the end of the game. Unless someone wants to argue that Jackie Battle and Ronnie Brown are superior to Ryan Mathews.

#2,999 ·

I'm still under the notion that Norv Turner is 100% inept at his job at this point. His RB is averaging over 6 yards a carry and he not only keeps him benched in the beginning of the game, he also leaves him on the bench at the end of the game. Unless someone wants to argue that Jackie Battle and Ronnie Brown are superior to Ryan Mathews.
Norv Turner has always been inept at his job when he became a head coach.

#3,000 ·

LC shouldn't fret over offensive line injuries, yes they doom teams, but the Patriots and Steelers both made the playoffs while being the top 5 in offensive line combinations.

The AFC seems static for most of the time and it's usually easier to predict than the NFC, which seems to have more parity in my imagination.

Holding out hope after 5 games is stupid. We don't start talking about playoff teams in other sports a 1/3 into the season. Magic is asking for the notorious curse.

The Chargers will never be impressive, the old Texans have been forgotten and the franchise probably hates change.

#3,001 ·

LC shouldn't fret over offensive line injuries, yes they doom teams, but the Patriots and Steelers both made the playoffs while being the top 5 in offensive line combinations.

The AFC seems static for most of the time and it's usually easier to predict than the NFC, which seems to have more parity in my imagination.

Holding out hope after 5 games is stupid. We don't start talking about playoff teams in other sports a 1/3 into the season. Magic is asking for the notorious curse.

The Chargers will never be impressive, the old Texans have been forgotten and the franchise probably hates change.
Nah. We talk about teams going to the playoffs before the season. We already know that the NBA finals will be Heat vs. Lakers.

#3,005 ·

they probably are a better comparison, the wolves last year are a better comparison. i'm a wizards fan so i chose them.

i never said you can't predict the teams, but notorious aka nostradamus has already decided the playoff picture, deducted the wild card teams, and the one left out. he's also given rundowns on why the other teams won't be in the picture. i'm saying it's too early for that.

i also cautioned to put a hold on hope b/c of the bills b/c 6-8 games don't tell the whole story.

let me change what i'm saying. you can do a playoff picture anytime you want, but doing so after a 1/3 of a season is stupid.

#3,006 ·

They found their answer in a series of eerily profane numbers: Sanchez, who wears jersey No. 6, has six touchdown passes and six interceptions so far. He's averaging 6.6 yards per attempt, and his longest completion is 66 yards. His passer rating: 66.6.
Throw in a pregame tweet from Tebow noting that the Jets-Texans clash was the 666th Monday Night Football game, followed by the obligatory biblical passage, and the NFL might as well start printing Satanchez jerseys in green-and-white.
:lmao

#3,007 · (Edited)
#3,008 ·

So early offensive free agency possibilities floating around on insider reports and other rumors include:

Steven Jackson
Chris Johnson
Dwayne Bowe
Greg Jennings
Wes Welker
Mike Wallace

So for way too early predictions on what teams they join:

Steven Jackson to Packers
Chris Johnson to Rams
Dwayne Bowe to Miami
Greg Jennings to return to Packers
Wes Welker to Jets
Mike Wallace to return to Steelers

#3,235 ·
re: NFL Thread: Week 11 - CHIEFS GOT A LEAD - Buffalo Bisons record is safe.

So early offensive free agency possibilities floating around on insider reports and other rumors include:

Steven Jackson
Chris Johnson
Dwayne Bowe
Greg Jennings
Wes Welker
Mike Wallace

So for way too early predictions on what teams they join:

Steven Jackson to Packers
Chris Johnson to Rams
Dwayne Bowe to Miami
Greg Jennings to return to Packers
Wes Welker to Jets
Mike Wallace to return to Steelers

Oh great.

Aid didn't you call that like last week?

:lol I did.

Of course, I didn't expect it to be before January. It's not a trade yet though. Just rumors of talks.

#3,011 ·

I don't think Greg Jennings is going back to GB.
I'm 50/50 right now. Green Bay is most likely only keeping one of Driver, James Jones, and Jennings, and I feel Jones will be traded and Driver will retire, thus giving Green Bay Jennings, Cobb, and Nelson as their top 3 receivers.

If Jennings doesn't go back to Green Bay, then I'd guess he'd return to the home of him and his wife in Michigan and play opposite Megatron in Detroit.

#3,015 ·

Johnson's contract has a clause where he can be cut within a 3 day period after the Super Bowl. If the Titans cut him, no repercussions. After that 3 day period, they pay him 9 million guaranteed for the next year. As per rumors today and common sense, the Titans may not want to pay a guy averaging less than 2 yards a carry $9 million when they can draft an Alfred Morris in the 6th round. That's why I included him in a potential free agent list, because he potentially could and he hasn't fit well with the Fisher-less Titans last season and now.

#3,016 ·

If Mario Williams proves anything, it's that these guys are looking for the most money, contenders be dammed. I can see Johnson in a Cowboys / Redskins / Bengals jersey based on salary & weakness at the RB position.

#3,018 ·

If Mario Williams proves anything, it's that these guys are looking for the most money, contenders be dammed. I can see Johnson in a Cowboys / Redskins / Bengals jersey based on salary & weakness at the RB position.
In what way is CJ an improvement over Morris and Murray? Neither of those teams have a weakness at RB currently as both their runningbacks are doing fine. I'd take Law Firm over Johnson right now too, he wouldn't do much better with the Bengals line.

#3,017 · (Edited)

I definitely agree with the potential landing spots there Gen. Maybe not Dallas, but Shanahan would love CJ. Plus, recently Johnson has gone out and blasted his line, his QB, his defense, and his coaches. His lack of play is everyone's fault but his, and at $9 million, he ain't worth it at less than 3 yards a carry.

#3,019 ·

I definitely agree with the potential landing spots there Gen. Maybe not Dallas, but Shanahan would love CJ. Plus, recently Johnson has gone out and blasted his line, his QB, his defense, and his coaches. His lack of play is everyone's fault but his, and at $9 million, he ain't worth it at less than 3 yards a carry.
Yeah, guy has a toxic personality when things aren't going his way. As to Dallas, Jerry loves his toys & his RB Carousels, it doesn't hurt Dallas is ranked 31st in Rushing in the NFL. 31st. You think Jerry is happy with that, so content he wouldn't look at his options? Not Jerry.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/rushing

#3,020 · (Edited)

Another Steelers line injury? Ben's gonna be in shotgun all night. But yeah Gen, I see your point. Jerry would pounce at the publicity too.

Edit: Jeez. That's two injured O-linemen for the Steelers tonight.

#3,021 ·

Yeah, Jerry's the original side show Ringmaster, although Al Davis might have something to say about that.

As to this game, it's turned out to be pretty damn good. If the Titans had cashed in on that original drive into the Redzone, Wright managing to reel that TD in, instead of ending up with a FG, I'd be more optimistic. That loss might come back to bite them in the ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.