Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Is WrestleMania possibly the most underwhelming PPV of the year

View Single Post

Old 09-19-2012, 06:28 PM   #21 (permalink)
Starbuck
Best For Business

Starbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREW
Default Re: Is WrestleMania possibly the most underwhelming PPV of the year

We used to have classic matches yearly and then you list 3 from 20 years ago lol. I'm not even talking about classic matches because it's a completely subjective matter. If you don't feel satisfied after paying $60 for the show, assuming that you do and don't stream, then just imagine how, not even disappointed but utterly outraged, the people who paid $2000 to attend would feel if they didn't get at least 1 big match that delivered. Regardless of my own or your personal opinion, for 90% of WWE fans, matches like HBK/Taker, HHH/Taker and Rock/Cena tick the satisfaction box. I don't see how you can claim this years Mania was approached as being just another PPV. HHH/Taker was one of the best built matches we've seen in a long time and was 4 years, you could even argue 20, in the making. Despite it's flaws, Rock/Cena was promoted to death for one full year as well. You can't get a more hyped or promoted top 2 matches than that and for most people, they delivered big time, especially the former.