Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Indy Wrestling, Debate League, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - i's Magical Music Megapost
View Single Post
post #844 of (permalink) Old 09-19-2012, 06:18 PM
Hollywood Hanoi
Ceramic Wizard Bong
Re: i$e's Magical Music Megapost

Originally Posted by Daredevil Jeff View Post
Recently watched "Until The Light Takes Us". Documentary about the early Norwegian Black Metal scene. Has anyone seen it?

Listened to A Blaze in the Northern Sky, Under a Funeral Moon & Transilvanian Hunger afterwards. So good.
No surprise you listened to Darkthrone since Fenriz is the only one who comes out of that doc not looking a complete dickhead, Varg is his typical self, he tends to retrospectively change his philosphy every few years and his ranting was never that interesting/entertaining to begin with (for my money he did make the best music of the whole scene though).
Frost comes across an utter joke, like a parody of a black metal dude, and all the scenes of BMs influence in the art world are serious cringe material.
I grew up on and still love a lot of those records but the amount of retrospective mythologising that scene gets is a little over the top. It's always sold more on the juicy church arson/murder angle than anything.

Dat classic Darkthrone trilogy though

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome