Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Mississauga, Ontario - "Glory By Honor XI" 10/13/12
View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-19-2012, 02:21 PM Thread Starter
EmbassyForever
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: Mississauga, Ontario - "Glory By Honor XI" 10/13/12

New match signed - Davey Richards vs Jay Lethal.

Quote:
.2012 kicked off with a pair of top-shelf World Title clashes between then-ROH World Champion Davey Richards & then-ROH World TV Champion Jay Lethal. The first went down at “The Homecoming 2012” in Philadelphia and saw Lethal nearly claim the title, the loss coming in part due to the involvement of Roderick Strong and The House of Truth.

The rematch went down in February on “Ring of Honor Wrestling” TV but it too saw a great deal of outside involvement with the presence of Tommaso Ciampa, Kyle O'Reilly, Eddie Edwards, and The House of Truth at ringside. Richards was able to retain in that bout but it was another instance of Lethal almost having his number.

Since that time both men have lost their championships, Richards to Kevin Steen and Lethal to Roderick Strong, but both men have traveled very different roads to get to where they are today. Lethal has shown a pronounced mean streak in recent weeks, all part of his mission to secure an ROH World Title match that he will now receive at “Killer Instinct” on 10/6/12.

Richards, on the other hand, had been absent from ROH following his loss to Steen at “Best in the World 2012” and only recently returned at “Caged Hostility” to address what has gone on in his personal life in his absence & then at “Death Before Dishonor X” he announced his participation in this year's “Survival of the Fittest”.

Now these two men who kicked off 2012 in such a grand fashion will collide for a third time when ROH returns to Canada for “Glory by Honor XI”!!!

“It was one of the highlights of my year, if not me wrestling career, to wrestle Davey for the ROH World Title.” said Lethal to ROHWrestling.com, “It was the first time in almost seven years I had challenged for that title and it was an electric feeling to almost claim it as my own. Remembering that feeling is as much fuel for my desire to beat Steen as anything else. Still, with Davey, it was different because I knew that was all about the wrestling, it was all about just head-to-head competition to see who was the better man. That night, and the next time, regardless of the outside circumstances, Davey was the better man but a great deal has changed in eight months. This...feeling, these emotions I have had to dig up to earn my shot at Steen, those don't just fade away Davey. This killer instinct Jim Cornette wanted to see, I can't just put it away now and pull it out when the time is right. It's there, on the surface, and as Homicide can attest to, it has changed me. I look forward to meeting you in the ring once again Davey, no doubt about that, but this time things will be very different.”

Lethal vs. Richards, has been signed for October 13th at “Glory by Honor XI” but things could change between now and then. As mentioned, Lethal is set to challenge for the ROH World Title on October 6th and if he wins title that night, he will be the man to face “Unbreakable” Michael Elgin in Mississauga. As for Davey, well Richards will then have an opportunity to redeem his losses when he faces off with Kevin Steen! We will have to wait until the dust settles at “Killer Instinct” to see exactly what shape “Glory by Honor XI” takes, but in the meantime pick up your tickets for either event right here in the ROH Store!!!.
Blah. Not a big fan of this. I mean, sure it's going to be a great match but they could use Richards much better IMO.

http://www.wrestlingforum.com/signaturepics/sigpic208820_14.gif

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome