Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Dean Ambrose Pre-Debut Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 09-19-2012, 11:40 AM   #2717 (permalink)
TheSupremeForce
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER

TheSupremeForce needs to take rep more seriousTheSupremeForce needs to take rep more seriousTheSupremeForce needs to take rep more seriousTheSupremeForce needs to take rep more seriousTheSupremeForce needs to take rep more seriousTheSupremeForce needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: Dean Ambrose Pre-Debut Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbp82 View Post
I have to disagree slightly. Dark Matchtes mean something. Most of the time the wrestlers who are competing in the dark matches are the ones who are closest to being used on raw or smackdown. The last few dark matches have been with Ambrose (in a loss to Kofi) and Roman Reigns aka Leakee (in a win against Heath Slater). Those two seem to be getting serious looks right now.
Not really. There are a handful of guys who have been doing dark matches once in a while going back a year and still aren't on Raw/Smackdown. Ambrose has been doing dark matches off and on for most of the year. Xavier Woods gets dark matches. Big E does dark matches. Bray Wyatt was doing them prior to injury. I saw Leo Kruger wrestle a dark match a full year ago.

There's a large gap between wanting to give a guy a look and seriously considering giving him a bump to Raw/Smackdown. I'd argue that "most of the time" it doesn't mean all that much.

That being said, Dean is definitely "ready" for Raw/Smackdown. Roman, on the other hand, still probably needs a LOT of work. The last time I saw him in FCW, he was considerably worse than basically anyone currently working in NXT.