Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Mississauga, Ontario - "Glory By Honor XI" 10/13/12

View Single Post

Old 09-18-2012, 09:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
Last Chancery
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER

Last Chancery 1001 - 1500Last Chancery 1001 - 1500Last Chancery 1001 - 1500Last Chancery 1001 - 1500Last Chancery 1001 - 1500Last Chancery 1001 - 1500Last Chancery 1001 - 1500Last Chancery 1001 - 1500Last Chancery 1001 - 1500Last Chancery 1001 - 1500
Default Re: Mississauga, Ontario - "Glory By Honor XI" 10/13/12

The Briscoes lost to Charlie Haas and Rhett Titus, Seabs. SCUM faced Coleman and Alexander in the semis.

As for this show, I have mixed emotions toward it. I'm pumped for Steen/Elgin but not much else just yet. I don't think Elgin's ready for the strap yet, either. He connects with the fans but Steen is just too red hot right now. Elgin is the future of ROH, honestly, but his promo work at this point is nonexistent because Truth's been his mouthpiece. I'd like to see him establish more character and cut a few solid promos before taking the title, either off Steen or someone else. But most likely Steen.

I want a lengthy reign out of Steen. He's moving merchandise and selling shows, so business-wise what they're doing makes sense (for once). I'm also intrigued by his story with Cornette, who's throwing every challenger imaginable his way to try and take him out. It gives them a reason to inflate his title defense numbers as opposed to, "Welp, he's the champ, he should be defending at every show." The geek side of me enjoys a ton of successful retentions, since that's what a bunch of the old ROH greats did. Plus, out of personal interest, title matches are infinitely more interesting to me than, say, an inconsequential tag team main event where the story doesn't progress.
Last Chancery is offline   Reply With Quote