Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Are shows like this real?

View Single Post

Old 09-18-2012, 10:44 AM   #4 (permalink)
will94
YES! YES! YES!

will94 is a rep whorewill94 is a rep whorewill94 is a rep whorewill94 is a rep whorewill94 is a rep whorewill94 is a rep whorewill94 is a rep whorewill94 is a rep whorewill94 is a rep whorewill94 is a rep whorewill94 is a rep whore
Default Re: Are shows like this real?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForestCrush View Post
For exmaer, Bar Rescue, kitchen nightmares, Resturaunt Makeover, etc.

Seems like every show, the owner of the place says "I dont need your F'n help" then by the end of the show "Thank you sir, this place looks awesome now"

I heard somewhere that the shows go to the places before hand, screw it up, and then come in to "save the day"

I really wonder about Storage Wars (they make 100x profit on most lockers) and even Judge shows (or people are just plain stupid, which is possible)
They are pre-planned. The things that happen are most likely real scenarios that have occurred at the bar/restaurant that they duplicate for the cameras. And the drama is usually added in. What sound-minded business owner is going to turn down professional staff training and a total makeover of their place, plus national exposure, because "it's my damn bar"?

Storage Wars is legit, but the auctions usually include way more than 3 lockers, they just use the most interesting/profitable ones for TV.