Wrestling Forum banner

General Fantasy Sports Thread

35K views 405 replies 50 participants last post by  Renegade™ 
#1 ·
Post here to talk about anything and everything in the alternate make believe world of FANTASY SPORTS. ALL SPORTS included here, even golf lol. Oh and soccer too.:side:

This can be a good spot for WF members to make leagues as well if they so choose. We've had quite a bit of success with football/NFL, basketball, and baseball. If soccer folk want to make a league, by all means, get to it. There are a ton of soccer fans here after all.

#233 ·
Heh, since when is having added options unnecessary JM? Personally, I prefer something that has more options, shows Game Center match-ups in an all encompassing manner (every detail, every stat), & competent staff that can give accurate updates AND manages to look sleek.

ESPN Leagues look like something off Excel, which just adds insult to injury.

#236 ·
I've got a 10 Team NBA Fantasy Draft tomorrow. 10 category, Points, Blocks, Steals, Assists, Rebounds, Turnovers, Field Goals Made, Field Goals Attempted, Free Throws Made, and Free Throws Attempted. PG, SG, SF, PF, C, G, F, 3 UTIL, and 3 BE. Any suggestions on who to target?

#239 ·
The guy who runs my league, I am sure is a cunt.

He has a friend in the league that he talks to on facebook. This guy has done FUCK ALL the entire season in terms of setting his line up. He even had one guy on IR in his line up. He is 0-7 in our league.

Long story short, commish is an angry fuck because he is a married man who tried to get with a girl online, she led him on, she then turned him down, so I sometimes poke fun at it (very rarely, actually). I played her two weeks ago and she beat me by 4 points. He then happened to make a comment saying the commish can change points (this was in response to someone else). I then made a joke that it was no wonder she won against me (lol).

Naturally, his asshole got hurt, and, this week, I play 0-7 buddy, and he suddenly decides to log in and set his line up.

I don't think he will beat me, but, the point is, how fucking lame can you be that you have to contact your friend and encourage him to set his line up?

#241 ·
hahaha, no, I don't think I am reading too much in to it.

I am glad that the game is being played fairly with all people active in the line ups, it's just kinda sad if a guy has to nudge his buddy to wake up and set his line up the week he plays me. Myself and the commish don't get along very well most of the time. Also, he tips the chick who turned him down because he 'still has feelings for her'. The only thing she knows about football is Tom Brady. Her team is pretty good, but there is no way she would be dropping and adding the players she has without any help.

I play for fun. Win or lose, I don't mind. I just don't like how the guy who runs the league can't be trusted because he is biased. It takes the fun out of it.

#247 ·
Dude, I put Cutler in over Romo because Cutler is more reliable. Cutler has given me -4 points and it is Q3.

I GUARANTEE YOU Romo is gonna be in the teens, man.

FUCKING ASS

I will start him next week and he will get 9 interceptions and Cutler will get 30 points.

#252 ·
Alright, I just made a pretty big trade with some key pieces I love, especially in a League that allows ANY 2 Players as Keepers but it seemed right:

Traded Away:

Ray Rice
Willis McGahee
Hakeem Nicks
Philip Rivers
James Laurinitas

Got:

Matt Ryan
Dwayne Bowe
Trent Richardson
Jamaal Charles
Terrell Suggs

I gave up my man Rice, my current Keeper for 2 big time backs.

http://fantasy.nfl.com/league/404879

#254 ·
Charles is looking to be made of glass. His big play ability is very high, but he's getting dinged up a lot. Plus he's on a really bad team.

As much as I like TRENT, I'd rather have Rice and Willis. You win the QB swap by a mile. WRs are a push really. Not sure on the defensive guys.

So I guess since you got Ryan and shed Rivers, you did pretty well in that trade.

#270 ·
Charles is looking to be made of glass. His big play ability is very high, but he's getting dinged up a lot. Plus he's on a really bad team.
I have Jamal Charles, Reggie Bush & Chris Johnson as my RBs on one of my squads...Talk about some highs & lows

Question: I have Dez Bryant, Percy Harvin, Demario Alexander, & Aquan Boldin? Which 2 should I roll with this week? I'm thinking Demario & Dez because Percy is coming off that ankle injury vs Bears but Alexander really didn't do anything last week until late

#257 ·
7-1 so far in my fantasy league. Eli at QB, McCoy and Bradshaw at RB, Green and J Jones at WR, and Daniels at TE. Add in Hanson at K and Chicago at DEF, and I have been dominating.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.