Wrestling Forum banner

~~Official AFL 2012 Discussion Thread ~~ ft. GWS

43K views 1K replies 39 participants last post by  Nige™ 
#1 · (Edited)
Official
Australian Rules Football
2012 Discussion Thread​

Its a new year guys, and once again footy draws near. In 5 and a bit weeks we will finally get our fix of footy again.

....Introducing GWS

Are they fianlly burnt out or will they go back to back?

Whats instore for Collingwood with Bucks at the helm?​

See less See more
#6 ·
Port will improve on last year even if it's only a couple of places up the ladder. With Butcher showing form at the end of 2011 and a big pre-season during the summer warren tredreas talents will be resurrected in Butchers body. Also Wingard was a steal in the draft will deffinately be a gun, surprised GWS didn't take him or Longer.

#9 ·
FASOLO to win the rising star and a premiership medal in the same year

who does everyone have as first coach to be fired?

i can't see too many who are under any real pressure expect primus really and voss, but i think brisbane will do okay in 2012

#10 ·
Didnt Brisbane just re-sign voss? God knows why. I would agree with Primus if we have a bad first half of the year I believe he will be in trouble, and also Ratten if Carlton flop this year. They have all the potential to be premiership contenders.

#12 ·
Care to give me your view on him Kiz? I've seen his highlight videos and can deffinately see him being a gun in a few years. Do you see him playing many AFL games this year, and what sort of potential does he have ie future brownlow medalist etc?

#14 ·
oozes class. just pure ability. i'd compare him to jack trengove personally. barring injury i reckon he'll play practically every game. brownlow medalist, sure, if he moves to a melbourne club :side:

i really, really rate him highly. sa's best player since cooney

#23 ·
Tip to win the premiership: Hawthorn, Geelong or Collingwood.
Sticking your neck out there aren't ya?!:D

It could be a closer top three than normal this year. Is there any news on when Menzel will be back in action? I read earlier that Gilham & Stratton will be back soon for us, which is good for defence to say the least. That beast Menzel was on fire in the finals against us until the injury.

#24 ·
I think he started running a couple of weeks ago, and things are supposed to be going well. Not sure on the return. Other good news is that Billie Smedts looks set to try to break into our team this year too. Hopefully Cowan, Smedts, Horlin-Smith, Motlop and Guthrie can do what Christensen, Duncan, Menzel and Vardy did last year in really putting pressure on for a spot.

#25 ·
I think he started running a couple of weeks ago, and things are supposed to be going well. Not sure on the return. Other good news is that Billie Smedts looks set to try to break into our team this year too. Hopefully Cowan, Smedts, Horlin-Smith, Motlop and Guthrie can do what Christensen, Duncan, Menzel and Vardy did last year in really putting pressure on for a spot.
Yeah let's hope so.:no:

#27 ·
Stephen Wells, master recruiter. 8*D

Honestly, I'd be shocked if at least two of them didn't become regulars in the team this year. Horlin-Smith showed a lot during last year's NAB Cup, Smedts was our first pick and was supposed to be a good chance to break in last year if not for injury, Motlop has the ability to do things that change games, Cowan looks a good, consistent player, and Guthrie was a blonde haired kid given 29 for a reason. Competition for spots should be good.

Hawthorn have some very good youth themselves. Like Collingwood and Geelong, they've been able to top up on good players without bottoming out really well.

He's not FAT so there's hope.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.