Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Official Indy DVD Thread

1M views 11K replies 303 participants last post by  Lane 
#1 ·
#10,972 ·
EVOLVE 23 was a consistent show with a few drags in the undercard but the tag and the title match was solid. I can however recommend EVOLVE 24; Check out Gulak/Busick, much like Chucky T/Davis this match was great in a surprising way. Gulak shocked me and Busick is very impressive wouldn't mind if Gabe bought him in for future shows (please change the name though). Evolution's End was also very good, lots of crazy shit as you'd expect from Fox and Ricky + Gargano/Swann which was good as well, overall a good show with nothing too offensive. Hopefully Lince Dorado will be a mainstay in EVOLVE/DGUSA going forward I'll keep bugging Gabe until it happens, wouldn't mind them keeping Jigsaw either love for them to send him to Japan to buff up, do some tours and hone his style.

#10,973 ·
Kind of a random place to post this, but figured all indy wrestling fans may want the heads up; WWE.com posted a career retrospective on Daniel Bryan a few days ago, including an interview with Danielson himself. It's a great little read about his time on the indies, and I marked out for all the ROH photos they've used, plus there's even a mention of the McGuinness/Danielson match at Unified which is easily one of my favourite matches ever.

Here's the link if anyone's interested:

http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/history-of-daniel-bryan-part-one-26149550

#10,974 · (Edited)
Always cool to see WWE acknowledge that other promotions exist, though I really hate the somewhat snobbish, looking-down-upon tone they seem to have when they talk about the indies.

SMV is having a sale. Ends Wednesday I believe. Anyone have the True Naptown Stories DVD? I'm kind of interested in it but I'm still undecided.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.