Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official The Rock vs. CM Punk Discussion Thread
View Single Post
post #759 of (permalink) Old 09-17-2012, 04:51 PM
WWE_Ultrastar
Learning to break kayfabe

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Re: Cena Rock II - Why is everyone so certain it will be at WM29?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
Hogan was not the face of the company when Rock beat him twice, Rock was closer to that himself, even though he was just about done.

The reasons Cena vs Rock 2 will happen:

Rock is wrestling at WM 29

Cena "needs" (he doesn't) his win back on Rock, because he's the face of the WWE and nobody can ever look better than him, for any reason.

Vince doesn't want Punk facing Rock at WrestleMania, which is stupid and childish, because WM 29 will get as many buys as WM 28 if Rock is wrestling and it's built up, and Cena gets a fresher opponent to boot. I wouldn't be surprised if less people bought WM 29 just because Rock vs Cena already happened and the people got the result they WANTED the first time. With this one, everybody knows for a fact Cena's winning.
Yeah, Cena was the face of the company at WM28. And guess what, the Rock beat him!

I'm not saying this won't happen, but nobody knows for sure, and I'll be disgusted if it does and won't watching it considering I dislike John Cena and everything he stands for, and also think it's totally unfair that a guy who appears a handful of dates and wrestles 2 matches a year steals the spotlight once again from the true stars that have been working their ass off all year.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome