Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Who are your least favorite 5 TV characters of all time?

View Single Post

Old 09-17-2012, 03:19 AM   #11 (permalink)
TripleG
Largest arms in the world, BROTHER!

TripleG 28001 - 28500TripleG 28001 - 28500TripleG 28001 - 28500TripleG 28001 - 28500TripleG 28001 - 28500TripleG 28001 - 28500TripleG 28001 - 28500TripleG 28001 - 28500TripleG 28001 - 28500TripleG 28001 - 28500TripleG 28001 - 28500
Default Re: Who are your least favorite 5 TV characters of all time?

Least favorite characters from my favorite shows....hmmmmm.

From "All in the Family", Mike The Meathead = What a self righteous know it all jerk. Yeah Archie was a racist, but he got better over time and was generally more entertaining. And if my father in law let me live in his place rent free while I went to college, I would be a little less of a jerk towards him.

From "Everybody Loves Raymond", the three Barone Kids Ally, Michael, & Jeffery = The family dynamic hit close to home for me because having lived & grown up in an Italian American family, I can honestly say that this show is damn near close to being 100% truthful. The way the in laws interject themselves into everyone's lives, the depressed uncle that can't catch a break, the marital squabbles. It is all true, and I have even had people tell me they don't like the show because it does hit too close to home. The only members of the family I didn't feel contributed were the three kids. They seemed to just be plot devices whenever they wanted to show Ray or Debra struggling with parenting and even then the story would mostly focus on the parents anyway. It would have been interesting if they tried to maybe show some episodes from the kids' point of view and show how the kids think and feel about the insanity that is going on when the parents aren't in the room. But no, they were just there because, well, the show needed kids.

Pearl from "Mystery Science Theater 3000" = I loved Dr. Forrester, the mad scientist that would subject the crew of the Satellite of Love to watching those horrible films. He was the stereotypical mad scientist amped up to the max and it was funny. Well late into the show they brought his mother Pearl in and she was kind of annoying. Then, when the comedian who played Forrester left the show (I forget his name at the moment) she took over as the main mad scientist. She got more tolerable...but she was no Dr. Forrester.

Ms. Choksondik from "South Park" = The boys first fourth grade teacher was a surprisingly dull character for South Park. I get that they wanted her to be strict and mean right away to show the boys adjusting to fourth grade, but when you have someone as fucked up as Mr. Garrison, a super strict teacher is just boring. I think I speak for most fans when I say A) We're glad to have Garrison back in the classroom and B) Choksondik is gone and never coming back.

Frank Grimes Jr. from "The Simpsons" = If this wasn't a sign that The Simpsons had Jumped the Shark, then I don't know what is. Frank Grimes, Homer's deceased co-worker and enemy, was one of the best one shot characters in the history of television. His feud with Homer, his tragic back story, and just his struggle in the insane universe that The Simpsons inhabit made his episode a huge hit and one of my personal favorites. However, he needed to stay a one shot. Instead, The Simpsons, really running low on ideas, brought in Grimes' illegitimate son to take revenge against Homer for what happened to his dad. The way they brought him in was so forced, so contrived, and offered nothing beyond just being a petty callback to a far superior episode from the show's Golden Age.

GODZILLA MOVIE REVIEW SERIES PART THREE: THE LEGEND IS REBORN

TripleG is offline   Reply With Quote