Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Aussie and American "soccer" fans...

View Single Post

Old 09-17-2012, 12:28 AM   #11 (permalink)
Triple HBK
HAWTHORN HAWKS - 2008

Triple HBK Triple HBK Triple HBK Triple HBK Triple HBK Triple HBK Triple HBK Triple HBK Triple HBK Triple HBK Triple HBK
Default Re: Aussie and American "soccer" fans...

Big Melbourne Victory fan. I go to all the home games and have done quite a few interstate away games. I also try to watch as many games as i can. In terms of fan bases, Victory and Sydney FC are the most consistent in terms of average crowd sizes, followed by Adelaide United, Brisbane Roar and Wellington Phoenix. In terms of playing, Brisbane and the Central Coast Mariners have been the most consistent in the last two seasons.

The league is basically a retirement/development league at the moment. You get young kids starting in the A-League before getting picked up by big overseas clubs (ie Curtis Good to Newcastle in the Premier League, Mitch Langerak at Borussia Dortmund) and you get the the big names nearing the end of their careers coming ie Robbie Fowler, Dwight Yorke, Harry Kewell, Alessandro Del Piero and Brett Emerton. It's not the best league in terms of playing standards, especially with already having 3 clubs go belly up in the 8 seasons, but it's a start. It's a far better standard of league compared to the old NSL.

C'mon you Socceroos!

Last edited by Triple HBK : 09-17-2012 at 01:49 AM.
Triple HBK is offline   Reply With Quote