Wrestling Forum banner

Miz vs Cara Match Was Edited

7K views 65 replies 56 participants last post by  ogorodnikov 
#1 ·
- The match with Sin Cara vs. The Miz on Friday's SmackDown was heavily edited, as you probably could tell by watching the match. Fans in attendance noted to us that it was one of Cara's most-botched performances yet.

Word is that Cara went missing backstage for a while after the match. People were looking for him but he was nowhere to be found. Cara was seen walking from the ring to the backstage area shaking his head. The feeling was that Cara knew that the match didn't go well at all.
Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe...mments_on_Lawler-RAW.html#GeA13QFKLtHWwEjs.99

#43 ·
Re: Supposedly Miz vs Cara Match Was Edited

Two easy solutions:

1. Complete darkness during Sin Cara's matches. The lowered-amber lighting was good but people can clearly see the action.

2. Don't put Miz outside the ring unless its a 3-way. Dude seriously can't catch anyone coming down. I've seen it like 4 times now. Just bad.

#46 ·

Sin Cara is far from horrible, b. He's jus too much of an arrogant dick to learn how to adapt to the WWE style.

#47 ·

Yeah Sin Cara has to adapt to WWE style and quickly, you can't possibly expect that when you come to a top pro-wrestling promotion such as WWE the old wrestlers will adapt to your style, it's not the way it goes.

#48 ·

I love how people are so quick to attack the Miz here. The Miz isn't a bad worker at all, for the most part most of his matches are free and he actually does have a pretty decent and creative moves set, the problem he has is utilizing all his former finishers (Mizard Of Oz, Shoulder Jawbreaker, Low DDT, Reality Check) as regular moves and spanning the across a match. He just kind uses a move than abandons it completely, but that's a different subject. He isn't a bad worker, he's just very average. Besides missing R-Truth, I can't think of a time where he really fucked something up.

I'm a Sin Cara fan, I really am, but I've gotta call a spade a spade and he's consistently botching, he's done better recently, but he's dangerously messed a lot of moves up. You can attribute it to his opponents not knowing his style, and that does hold some merit, but ultimately Sin Cara is the one at fault. I can't stress that I like him enough and I think he has potential, but him working with Rey extensively is the best thing that can happen to him. Sin Cara needs to dumb his style down, and Mysterio has done that. He's done it for a different reason, but he's done it and successfully and is still one of the best in ring workers in the WWE in the past few years he's had incredible matches with Ziggler, Punk, and Jericho and his showing in the Elimination Chamber a few years ago was amazing. He can help Cara learn the WWE Style while adapting a less is more concept. Sin Cara flies around the ring and 160 mph, working sloppy making his spots less remarkable than they really are. He worked a match with Del Rio a few months ago where he ironically dumbed down his set and I think its one of his best WWE matches. He also needs a finisher that everyone can sell too, and I think he's creative enough to pull off something spectacular but still easy to sell, Miz couldn't sell his La Mistica DDT and Dolph Zigger, one of the best workers in the company, nearly died trying to take his C4 from the top rope.

#56 ·
Only when the Miz is involved.

#61 ·
Maybe they should just let Sin Cara go. Dont even care about a Rey vs Cara match... The crowd is losing interest in him the crowd was completely dead during his fight with Rey mysterio at NOC. And I fear if him and Rey Fought in a Fued and at wrestlemania it is going to be a major disappointment

#62 · (Edited)
I'v said it before, but until he learns English he's not going to go anywhere, if he cant communicate with who he's working with then he's going to keep botching and messing up in all his matches, he needs to learn it soon or just leave, if he doesn't it's not going to work out for him.

Also Its all well and good blaming everyone around him for not being able to take his moves, but this is the wwe not Mexico, wwe isn't a luchador company he needs to adapt to the WWE style of working a match, Rey had to adapt and he's had good matches with a few of the same guys Sin Cara has worked with. it shouldn't be any different with Sin Cara.

#64 ·
I think there are a few reasons for his botchy performances and "He's terrible" isn't one of them. He was a very good performer in Mexico, and yes it counts, just because it isn't WWE doesn't mean it doesn't count. Especially since he drew higher numbers than Cena in around 2008 or 2009, there are figures around somewhere. I think there a few minor reasons for his performances such as the mask and the lighting, but I think the main one is simply that he's not meant for the "Sports entertainment" style. He's a pure luchadore through and through and while some luchas have adapted to the WWE style pretty well, he isn't one of them. I just don't think he's cut out for the WWE or America in general, they work pretty darn differently and honestly, a few months in FCW would have probably changed that for him. But that wouldn't fix the fact that the superstars aren't used to his style and he's not used to theirs. You gotta feel for the guy since he seems to be trying really hard and I heard he delayed his return so he could get coached on the American style, plus he was doing pretty well for the first few matches, then it just fell apart again. I think they'll just have to let him go. It's just not gonna work out.

Either that, or his white attire is cursed.

#65 ·
Well what do people expect, the guy has to wrestle in a mask were he cant see good, he has to wrestle in a dark light were he sees even less and he has to wrestle stupid "sports entertainer" like the miz.
That happens when you have to wrestle against guys who has no idea of the lucha libre style, they need to change something or this doesnt stop. Take the lights away and change the mask so he sees more then he can adapt his style better to guys like the miz.

It looks like the wwe officials are as dumb as some people here claiming its caras fault when even the dumbest person should be able to see that the botches are most of the time not his fault!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.