Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - WCW: 1998

Thread: WCW: 1998
View Single Post

Old 09-16-2012, 11:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
StLSaint_75
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice

StLSaint_75 is an after thoughtStLSaint_75 is an after thought
Default WCW: 1998

Well, I'm back to try my hand at a different era. I tried to do a present day WWE Be The Booker, but it wasn't sparking any interest. I am going to try and fix the issues that were created at Starrcade 1997. I am going to post current champions and the roster. 1997 was still the boom period for WCW and hopefully I can make it even more entertaining. I have a ton of ideas, and if it seems like its a little crazy, I have been watching 2000's Nitros and have a case of the Vince Russo's.

I will post a WCW Nitro Preview. Below the Roster is a recap of Starrcade, I am starting the night after this. Hope everyone enjoys and please give me some feedback on this. I literally received no feedback on my last one and felt kind of like I was just writing for myself at the end, I may go back to that BTB before too long, as I have like the next 6 shows written and saved on my computer, but for now I'm going retro:

I present to you WCW as it was the morning of December 29th 1997.

WCW Champions:
WCW World Champion: “Hollywood” Hulk Hogan
WCW United States Champion: Diamond Dallas Page
WCW Television Champion: Disco Inferno
WCW Tag Team Champions: The Outsiders(Scott Hall and Kevin Nash)
WCW Cruiserweight Champion: Eddy Guerrero

Roster:
Bobby Eaton
Sting
Jack Boot
"Diamond" Dallas Page
"Buff" Bagwell
Steven Regal
"The Nature Boy" Ric Flair
Stevie Ray
Booker T.
Mark Starr
Ray Traylor
Steve Armstrong
Meng
"Das Wunderkind" Alex Wright
"Hollywood" Hulk Hogan
Scott Armstrong
Randy "Macho Man" Savage
Renegade
Eddie Guerrero
"The Crippler" Chris Benoit
"The Man of 1000 Holds" Dean Malenko
Scotty Riggs
"The Total Package" Lex Luger
Scott "Flash" Norton
The Giant
The Barbarian
Hugh Morrus
"Flyboy" Rocco Rock
Johnny Grunge
Konnan
Dave Taylor
"Hardwork" Bobby Walker
Rick Steiner
Scott Steiner
Billy Kidman
Rob Ruckus
Ken Kaos
Scott Hall
Kevin Nash
Steve McMichael
Rey Misterio Jr.
Jim Powers
Chavo Guerrero Jr.
Chris Jericho
Juventud Guerrera
Syxx
Vincent
Psicosis
Roadblock
Rowdy Roddy Piper
La Parka
Ultimo Dragon
Super Calo
Ray Mandoza Jr.
Greg “The Hammer” Valentine
Jerry Flynn
Mortis
Wrath
Hector Garza
Masahiro Chono
Yuji Nagata
Joey Maggs
Ernest Miller
Silver King
Damien
Rick Fuller
Curt Hennig
Raven
Villano V
Brad Armstrong
Lizmark Jr.
Perry Saturn
Barry Darsow
Bill Goldberg
David “Fit” Finlay
Kendall Windham
Barry Horowitz
El Dandy
Chris Adams
Sick Boy
Bobby Blaze
Louie Spicolli
Lanny Poffo
Lenny Lane
Johnny Swinger
Norman Smiley
“Hacksaw” Jim
Duggan
Michael Wallstreet
John Nord
Barry Darsow
Van Hammer
Lodi
Bret “Hitman” Hart
Jim “The Andvil” Neidhart
“The British Bulldog” Davey Boy Smith
Rick Martell

Starrcade Recap: The first match was between Dean Malenko and Eddy Guerrero for the WCW Cruiserweight Championship. Malenko had the advantage from the start of the match. Guerrero fought back briefly by attacking Malenko's left leg, but Malenko regained the advantage. This continued until Guerrero countered a suplex, and targeted the knee with the use of the ringpost and ringsteps. Guerrero performed a missile dropkick and a frog splash to the knee, and pinned Malenko to win the match, and retain the title.
Winner, and still Cruiserweight champion, Eddy Guerrero

The second match was between the team of Scott Norton, Vincent and Randy Savage (replacing Konnan) of the nWo (accompanied by Miss Elizabeth) and the team of The Steiner Brothers (Rick and Scott) and Ray Traylor (accompanied by Ted DiBiase) (WCW). The match started with the nWo having the advantage over Scott. Scott fought back with a double underhook powerbomb, and WCW gained the advantage. Vincent was dominated until Traylor missed a big splash. nWo attacked Traylor until Rick tagged in. The Steiners double-teamed Vincent, and Scott performed an elevated DDT. As Scott was attempting a Frankensteiner on Savage, Norton stopped him, and performed an electric chair drop. Savage then pinned Scott after a diving elbow drop to win the match.
Winners: Scott Norton, Vincent, and Randy Savage!

The third match was between Bill Goldberg and Steve McMichael. The match started from the entrance ramp, and went back and forth. Goldberg gained the advantage with a punch to the midsection as McMichael jumped from the top turnbuckle. Goldberg applied the kneebar, and performed a spear. After sending McMichael through a table, Goldberg performed a Jackhammer, and pinned him to win the match.
Winner: Goldberg

The fourth match was scheduled to be between Raven and Chris Benoit. Raven chose not to compete, however, and for Saturn to replace him. Saturn was a member of The Flock, a group led by Raven. The match started with Benoit having the advantage. As they fought out the ring, The Flock came out of the audience, and attacked Benoit. Saturn then dominated Benoit, and targeted his neck. As Saturn climbed the turnbuckles, Benoit pushed him to the outside. Benoit applied the Crippler Crossface on Saturn, but The Flock attacked him. Raven performed an Evenflow DDT on Benoit, and Saturn applied the Rings of Saturn. Benoit had passed out from the DDT, and Saturn won the match.
Winner: Saturn

The fifth match was between Buff Bagwell (nWo) and Lex Luger (WCW). Luger had the early advantage until a distraction from Vincent allowed Bagwell to fight back. Bagwell then dominated Luger. Bagwell had Luger in the sleeper hold, and Luger fought out with a belly to back suplex. Luger then blocked a big splash with his knees, and fought back. Luger had Bagwell in the Torture Rack, but the referee was knocked down. Randy Savage and Scott Norton then attempted to interfere. Luger fought off Savage, but Norton punched Luger with a foreign object. Bagwell then pinned Luger to win the match.
Winner: Buff Bagwell

The sixth match was between Curt Hennig (nWo) and Diamond Dallas Page (WCW) for the WCW United States Heavyweight Championship. It was originally going to be Ric Flair facing Hennig for the title and it was to be contested in a cage. However, two weeks earlier on Nitro, Flair was injured at the hands of Hennig and the nWo. Because of the injury, DDP took Flair's place in the match. The match started back and forth until Hennig performed a hangman, and gained the advantage. Hennig targeted Page's injured ribs. Page fought back after fighting out of a chinlock with a jawbreaker. Page attacked Hennig outside the ring, and pulled Hennig's groin into the ringpost. They then exchanged attacks, and Page pinned Hennig after a Diamond Cutter to win the match and the title.
Winner, and New WCW United States Champion, Diamond Dallas Page

The seventh match was between Eric Bischoff (accompanied by Scott Hall) (nWo) and Larry Zbyszko (WCW), with Bret Hart as the special guest referee. The organization of the winner would have control over WCW Monday Nitro, WCW's weekly television show. The match began with Zbyszko having the advantage. Hart appeared to be favoring Bischoff, stopping Zbyszko from using certain attacks and holds. Hart pulled Zbyszko away, and this allowed Bischoff to kick Zbyszko in the head. Bischoff continued with kicks and punches, but soon grew weary. Zbyszko fought back, and Hart pulled him back. Hall placed a steel plate in Bischoff's footwear, and Bischoff kicked Zbyszko in the head. Hart appeared to raise Bischoff's hand in victory, but Hart knocked him down instead. Hall came in, and Hart beat him down. Hart applied the Sharpshooter as Zbyszko choked Bischoff. Hart awarded Zbyszko the victory by disqualification for Bischoff using the steel plate.
Winner, and still controlling Nitro, The WCW and Larry Zbyszko

Sting won the WCW World Heavyweight Championship at Starrcade
The main event was between Hollywood Hogan (nWo) and Sting (WCW) for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship. Nick Patrick, who had favored the nWo before, was chosen as the referee through a random drawing. The match started with Hogan delivering attacks. Sting fought back with dropkicks, and applied the side headlock. Hogan sent Sting out of the ring, and attacked him with the ringpost and guard rail. Hogan performed a big boot, and pinned Sting after a leg drop. However, Bret Hart claimed Patrick counted the pinfall fast, and restarted the match with himself as the referee. Sting performed a Stinger splash, and applied the Scorpion Deathlock. Hogan submitted, and Sting won the match and the title.

Winner, and New WCW World Heavyweight Champion, Sting

WCW 1998: be the booker

http://www.wrestlingforum.com/booker...l#post12458661
StLSaint_75 is offline   Reply With Quote