Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Apple iPhone 5 + iOs6
View Single Post
post #31 of (permalink) Old 09-16-2012, 12:43 AM
Evolution
What?
What?

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Re: Apple iPhone 5 + iOs6

Apple's dominance in the mobile marketplace (especially in the international market I'm not just talking North America) doesn't have as much to do with the technology as Apple fanboys and haters alike would have you believe. A big part of it has to do with the usability of their OS, the link to iTunes and the app store.

Yes Android have their equivalent of all those things but not to the same extent.

I have an iPhone 4 and a Macbook Pro, I do defend Apple products from unwarranted and bias hate but I personally, for what I want/need from a phone, have no desire to get the iPhone 5. The fact that most people that have an iPhone 4 or (especially) a 4S don't even really need a 5 won't stop them from selling a massive amount of units. I guess I'm just in the small group of people in the Apple user base that buy their products for function and not for style.

Also to say that Apple are innovators is a 50/50 statement. They innovate in product design, but not so much technology. They've always spec'd all their products conservatively compared to industry equivalents but the way they design and apply that technology is a major part of their success.

Unfortunately I see the iPhone going the way of the old iPod Classics in terms of updates. They will release a new model every year that is only marginally better than the previous model (i.e increased capacity and maybe new processor/camera) and call it a day. It's a conservative approach but it will be financially successful for them. I can't help but feel like without Steve Jobs creative vision that Apple's products won't be progressing or innovating that much any time soon.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome