Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 09-15-2012, 07:58 PM   #6099 (permalink)
Oliver-94
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER

Oliver-94 is getting a pushOliver-94 is getting a pushOliver-94 is getting a pushOliver-94 is getting a pushOliver-94 is getting a pushOliver-94 is getting a pushOliver-94 is getting a pushOliver-94 is getting a pushOliver-94 is getting a pushOliver-94 is getting a pushOliver-94 is getting a push
Default Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choke2Death View Post
SummerSlam 1997:

Mankind vs HHH - ***1/4
Goldust vs Brian Pillman - **
Legion of Doom vs The Godwinns - **1/4
British Bulldog vs Ken Shamrock - **1/2
Los Boricuas vs The Disciples of Apocalypse - **3/4
Owen Hart vs Stone Cold - ***1/4
The Undertaker vs Bret Hart - ***3/4

Overall: *** out of ***** (Not a bad first impression for the pre-Attitude Era stuff for me. The main event matches are great, the opener is decent but most of the stuff in the middle are standard tag team stuff or skippable.)
I'm just about to watch the Owen Hart vs Austin match but the PPV looks alright so far. Only decent match (As you said) before the main event was the opener. The million dollar winner crap in the middle of the show was a waste of time, although it was nice looking at Sunny and Sable. . From what I've heard, the last two matches and the opener saved the show. The finish of the Brish Bulldog - Ken Shamrock match was disappointing as well. I just can't wait for Kane's debut though, I'm like 11 shows behind it