Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 09-14-2012, 06:11 PM   #6071 (permalink)
KidCharlamagne
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER

KidCharlamagne 1001 - 1500KidCharlamagne 1001 - 1500KidCharlamagne 1001 - 1500KidCharlamagne 1001 - 1500KidCharlamagne 1001 - 1500KidCharlamagne 1001 - 1500KidCharlamagne 1001 - 1500KidCharlamagne 1001 - 1500KidCharlamagne 1001 - 1500
Default Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolquip View Post
Gotta say this is a very underrated match. The irony is that in Bret and Shawn's last match they finally got it right. My favorite one-on-one of theirs easily. The hatred is there and it's very real. The crowd is also very much there. I was SO pissed this wasn't on the Bret and Shawn set. In terms of matches its the only one I care to have of theirs. I already have the Iron man and with the possible exception of Bret/Shawn '92.
It's on the Blu-Ray of their rivalries DVD. The only reason I bought that DVD on Blu-Ray is for this match. I was disappointed though they don't show Brets tantrum at the end.

I got to thinking though, in 97 this was a big match, but how many WWF fans hated Bret-HBK the way I don't care for Sheamus-Del Rio, for instance. Obviously their rivalry has stood the test of time, but I really hated HBKs sexy boy gimmick, and Bret Hart was borderline awkward in some of those promos. Just interesting to watch the evolution of professional wrestling.

But, man, what a great match. Say what you want, maybe outside of NWO and Stone Cold, this is the arguably the best thing to happen to pro wrestling.