Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 09-14-2012, 06:11 PM   #6071 (permalink)
KidCharlamagne
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER

KidCharlamagne needs to make some friendsKidCharlamagne needs to make some friendsKidCharlamagne needs to make some friendsKidCharlamagne needs to make some friendsKidCharlamagne needs to make some friendsKidCharlamagne needs to make some friendsKidCharlamagne needs to make some friendsKidCharlamagne needs to make some friendsKidCharlamagne needs to make some friends
Default Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolquip View Post
Gotta say this is a very underrated match. The irony is that in Bret and Shawn's last match they finally got it right. My favorite one-on-one of theirs easily. The hatred is there and it's very real. The crowd is also very much there. I was SO pissed this wasn't on the Bret and Shawn set. In terms of matches its the only one I care to have of theirs. I already have the Iron man and with the possible exception of Bret/Shawn '92.
It's on the Blu-Ray of their rivalries DVD. The only reason I bought that DVD on Blu-Ray is for this match. I was disappointed though they don't show Brets tantrum at the end.

I got to thinking though, in 97 this was a big match, but how many WWF fans hated Bret-HBK the way I don't care for Sheamus-Del Rio, for instance. Obviously their rivalry has stood the test of time, but I really hated HBKs sexy boy gimmick, and Bret Hart was borderline awkward in some of those promos. Just interesting to watch the evolution of professional wrestling.

But, man, what a great match. Say what you want, maybe outside of NWO and Stone Cold, this is the arguably the best thing to happen to pro wrestling.