Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Hip Hop Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 09-14-2012, 02:57 PM   #47 (permalink)
Ether
Fired by SCOTT STEINER

Ether Ether Ether Ether Ether Ether Ether Ether Ether Ether Ether
Default Re: Hip Hop Discussion Thread

Quick thoughts/Mini Review of Cruel Summer

1. To the World: This song grew on me, didn't like it at first but it's a nice intro.

2. Clique: Favorite song on the album, everything was on point. Even Big Sean who I usually don't like was hard here, and that Kim K sex tape line flew over my head like 6 times lol. Jay went off too, as always. Amazing beat

3. Mercy: Never liked this song, still don't

4. New God Flow: Pusha and Kanye did their thing, but Ghostface being here just makes the song 100x better

5. The Morning: Raekwon felt out of place here. He had a good verse, but he was rapping about completely different subject matter than everyone else. Still a good song, though.

6. Cold: Decent, nothing mind blowing

7. Higher: Again, decent. Nice to see Ma$e though.

8. Sin City: Really good track, Cyhi shines here

9. The One: Decent-below average, beat was nice, though.

10. Creepers: Great stuff from Cudi, haven't liked most of his recent stuff but this was solid

11. Bliss: Didn't really like this for some reason

12. I don't Like: Don't care what anyone says about this track, still a banger to me. Jada has been doing great on his features in 2012 lately, on Chosen Few he snapped. Shouldn't have been the outro though.

Overall: 8/10, I was "disappointed" but not to the degree of Blueprint 3/No Mercy/Battle of the Sexes. Still worth a listen with some great verses and there's replay value for me too.

Cyhi might upgrade from being Kanye's weed carrier. His mixtape was solid, and he was solid on the songs he was on here too. Impressed with him

Anyone else find it odd that Common was only on 1 track and Mos Def wasn't on any? The Wu and 2 Chainz got on there more than them, lol

Last edited by Ether : 09-14-2012 at 03:08 PM.