Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official Indy DVD Thread

View Single Post

Old 09-14-2012, 01:32 PM   #6617 (permalink)
Matt_Yoda
Little Poppa Pump

Matt_Yoda 501 - 1000Matt_Yoda 501 - 1000Matt_Yoda 501 - 1000Matt_Yoda 501 - 1000Matt_Yoda 501 - 1000Matt_Yoda 501 - 1000Matt_Yoda 501 - 1000Matt_Yoda 501 - 1000
Default Re: Official Indy DVD Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Chancery View Post
As always, I love seeing the AAW reviews in this thread. Good work.

I'm going to the next show and I'm excited. They've been getting consistently better and now have a solid core roster with names like Silas Young, Arik Cannon, Jimmy Jacobs, Shane Hollister, Michael Elgin, Davey Richards, Kyle O'Reilly, Sami Callihan, BJ Whitmer, ACH and others. That's a dream 1-10 for most indys; a good blend of top names, well-knowns, career independent talents and up-and-comers, and all without taking work away from the locals. Seriously, MsChif gets a bigger pop than half the men, regardless of who she's facing or how involved she is in her match.

I tend to avoid the Bourbon Street shows, and for a reason you mentioned: the gimmicks. I saw the previous ladder match they had at that venue and it wasn't too enjoyable. Very sloppy and dangerous-looking, and not in the good way. I appreciate that they're running out of bigger venues, thereby making more money, but the Eagles Club is like Berwyn's American Post #308. It's small, it's cozy, it's familiar, it's intimate, it works well with capturing the crowd volume. Everything. It's like being able to see some of the top wrestlers in the world in your own bedroom. Or backyard, I guess, is the saying. Either works.

I think the I Quit Match will deliver. They've been making a bigger deal than usual about Silas's 14-month reign and how long he's held the title, so I'm plenty convinced Elgin's taking it. He's ready, too. I think they keep the title on Silas because he's so consistent (and not a piece of shit or a thief) and knowing the indys, that's the kind of guy you want as the face of your company. But Elgin has done some great work for AAW the last two years and has more than proved himself worthy of the title.

And here I go talking about how meaningful an AAW Championship match can be. Is it bad I'm looking forward to Silas/Elgin more than anything on the Death Before Dishonor X card?
Thanks, and yeah my money's on Elgin finally winning it here but even then I'm" not 100% on it because of the variables involved. I think it'll be a good to great match but I was such a fan of their previous match that I'll be going in with high expectations. The Eagles Club is a good venue for them but I figure they want to capture a bigger atmosphere with Bourbon shows; I myself haven't attended an AAW show since roughly 2009 but I figure I'll make the drive out there sometime next year for a couple of shows if I get the time, they usually have a very good atmosphere. Can't blame you at all for being excited, AAW for years have always been amongst the best in consistency and building matches.

I for Matt Hardy (A Matt Hardy guy since '99):
https://twitter.com/MATTHARDYBRAND

WWE/TNA/ROH/Toryumon/DragonGate/DGUSA/EVOLVE/AAA/M-Pro/FMW/Other