Wrestling Forum banner

NYC passes ban on supersized sugary drinks

4K views 57 replies 34 participants last post by  Arya Dark 
#1 ·
http://todayhealth.today.com/_news/...c-passes-ban-on-supersized-sugary-drinks?lite

The New York City Board of Health voted Thursday in support of the ban on large, sugary drinks on Thursday, in a controversial move to reduce obesity.

The ban is an unprecedented 16-ounce limit on sodas and other sugary drinks at restaurants, delis and movie theaters.

By a vote of eight members in favor, with one abstaining, the mayoral-appointed city health board outlawed sugary drinks larger than 16 ounces nearly everywhere they are sold, except groceries and convenience stores. Violators of the ban, which does not include diet sodas, face a $200 fine.

#50 ·
:lmao It's always those outside the US making the condescending commentary on anything occurring in the States. Is it the perceived arrogance of the nation that drives the Aussies / Brits / Dadgum Foreigners to poke fun & feign superiority or is it just plain old boredom?

Of course there aren't many stories posted regarding other countries, outside guys getting their wangs chopped off or some emo punks roughing up a senior shopper & getting punched in the face.

No BS Rush, Snurb, '98, I'd actually like to know.

#51 · (Edited)
I love how the argument "My Body, My Choice" only applies to abortion and nothing else. Seriously, this whole "Crusade against Obesity" is beyond stupid because it shouldn't be the concern of the government (at any level) to regulate what people are allowed to eat. IMO, we have much greater concerns in this country than what we eat & drink every day.

Look, if anybody in NYC want to get a fucking super sized drink, they should be able to fucking do that. It isn't up to the government to tell people what they can and have for their daily nourishment.

And the obvious way to circumvent this law? Buy two medium sodas. So yeah,. fuck you for being stupid.

So yeah, congratulations NYC Board of Health. Not only do you have fascist tendencies, but you are stupid and only wasted time and tax dollars like most elected officials do these days. So yay! You're part of the club!

#52 ·
Meanwhile, people can scarf down sandwiches at Katz' with a pound of corned beef, sauerkraut, Russian dressing and swiss cheese. Not to mention 20-ounce Kobe-beef burgers at the Homestead, or milkshakes at McDonalds that have twice the caloric intake of a 16-ounce Coke.

Well done, Comrade Bloomberg, you continue to bring us one step closer to that fascist dream of a city.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.