Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - NYC passes ban on supersized sugary drinks

View Single Post

Old 09-14-2012, 07:42 AM   #35 (permalink)
Glass Shatters
Humbled

Glass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a push
Default Re: NYC passes ban on supersized sugary drinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush View Post
oh yeah, i'm not saying this will stop people from drinking a lot of soda, nor will it solve obesity but its a step in the right direction and as i said, i'm fairly amused that something that will benefit your health is being met with the attitude that it has
Why hasn't there been a ban on the amount of alcohol you can buy? The amount of cigarettes you can smoke? Dip cans you can purchase? The amount of McDonald's hamburgers you can buy?

But they're worried about soft drinks? Really?

I don't think that people are meeting it with attitudes because it's supposedly enacted to benefit their health. It's just that they chose something so minute and unpretentious compared to every example I listed above. Who is the government to tell me how much Coke or Pepsi I can consume (even though I consume neither, and do not eat fast food regularly)? I'm pretty sure I pay my own insurance and don't leach off of government health care.
Glass Shatters is offline   Reply With Quote