Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 09-14-2012, 06:03 AM   #6044 (permalink)
Starbuck
Best For Business

Starbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREW
Default Re: Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

I wasn't referring specifically to promo videos because they are one of the better things about the shows these days imo. I meant the actual content of the promos I suppose. I mean, that 2004 RR promo wasn't just about the numbers of the match or the fact that anybody could win and would get their Mania shot. There were stories within the promo. There was something tangible in it. Nowadays we just get DURR GET GUD NUMBER WIN DA RUMBLE. They had a story for Benoit set up, they had guys interacting with each other, they had the Raw vs. SD thing going on, the had the general manages rooting for their brands, they had JR making everything mean something. When I said that WWE today is rather artificial, that's what I meant. We all know the Rumble is important etc but it doesn't feel half as important or special today as it did in the past. It's important because WWE tells us its important, not because we are connected to a particular set of characters, any one of which could go on to win the thing and experience their dream. If any of that makes sense lol. WWE today = artificial and manufactured emotions connected to the product through poor storytelling and booking. WWE then = real and tangible emotions connected to the product through great storytelling and booking. You felt it because you felt it, not because WWE told you to.