Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official Indy DVD Thread

View Single Post

Old 09-13-2012, 08:11 PM   #6615 (permalink)
Last Chancery
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER

Last Chancery 1001 - 1500Last Chancery 1001 - 1500Last Chancery 1001 - 1500Last Chancery 1001 - 1500Last Chancery 1001 - 1500Last Chancery 1001 - 1500Last Chancery 1001 - 1500Last Chancery 1001 - 1500Last Chancery 1001 - 1500Last Chancery 1001 - 1500
Default Re: Official Indy DVD Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Yoda View Post
Silas Young vs. Jimmy Jacobs vs. Arik Cannon- AAW Heavyweight Championship (Ladder Match)
AAW Scars & Stripes 2012

-This was a solid match that was actually hindered by the stipulation, lots of solid mixes between the three and some good spots throughout, but it always felt like they had to go out of their way to involve the stip, breaking up the momentum at times. These three could've had an amazing Triple Threat on their own merits and that's something I'd like to see them do in the future.

This was another solid match, nothing spectacular however pretty disappointing and only got like 15 minutes. Some good back and forth and each guy played their roles well, the finish came out of nowhere though which in this situation actually hurt the match somewhat. These two could've done better and halfway through the match that big fight feel was gone.

EDIT:
On the fence about AAW's Defining Moment, Silas Young vs. Michael Elgin I Quit Match could be really great or really bad. It's so hard for me to get into these types of matches on the indies (I personally rated Gargano/Taylor ***1/2 I think) It comes off better to me in major promotions not to mention it's going to be damn near impossible to top their previous match.

Shane Hollister/ACH should be solid. Team Ambition vs. Sami and a mystery partner could be damn good. I think this show will top Scars & Stripes though.
As always, I love seeing the AAW reviews in this thread. Good work.

I'm going to the next show and I'm excited. They've been getting consistently better and now have a solid core roster with names like Silas Young, Arik Cannon, Jimmy Jacobs, Shane Hollister, Michael Elgin, Davey Richards, Kyle O'Reilly, Sami Callihan, BJ Whitmer, ACH and others. That's a dream 1-10 for most indys; a good blend of top names, well-knowns, career independent talents and up-and-comers, and all without taking work away from the locals. Seriously, MsChif gets a bigger pop than half the men, regardless of who she's facing or how involved she is in her match.

I tend to avoid the Bourbon Street shows, and for a reason you mentioned: the gimmicks. I saw the previous ladder match they had at that venue and it wasn't too enjoyable. Very sloppy and dangerous-looking, and not in the good way. I appreciate that they're running out of bigger venues, thereby making more money, but the Eagles Club is like Berwyn's American Post #308. It's small, it's cozy, it's familiar, it's intimate, it works well with capturing the crowd volume. Everything. It's like being able to see some of the top wrestlers in the world in your own bedroom. Or backyard, I guess, is the saying. Either works.

I think the I Quit Match will deliver. They've been making a bigger deal than usual about Silas's 14-month reign and how long he's held the title, so I'm plenty convinced Elgin's taking it. He's ready, too. I think they keep the title on Silas because he's so consistent (and not a piece of shit or a thief) and knowing the indys, that's the kind of guy you want as the face of your company. But Elgin has done some great work for AAW the last two years and has more than proved himself worthy of the title.

And here I go talking about how meaningful an AAW Championship match can be. Is it bad I'm looking forward to Silas/Elgin more than anything on the Death Before Dishonor X card?