Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Official NXT Weekly TV Show Discussion

421K views 4K replies 418 participants last post by  WhereIsKevinKelly 
#1 ·

New season. New thread.
General discussion for the weekly NXT show.

See less See more
#566 ·
I loved it personally. He's lost the accent true, but I feel he could've picked it up a notch in the aggressive stakes and that's what he's done. Luke Harper looked solid as well, and I'm glad they've kept him in the wifebeater and jeans. He played his character really well, as if he was being mind controlled by Wyatt on the ramp. The Wyatt Family is finally here!

#576 ·
I also thought his promo was awesome...I think if they have had him drop the accent, i didnt even notice until he started talking to "Jason", that it was done intentionally. It seemed like he switched and was talking to Jason like a normal person but the words he was saying made him have a little bit more of a demented twist to his character.

Graves vignette interested me too, interesting to see what they do with him because what he said, in particularly about the women he's "known" subtly gave off the impression to me that he has a dark criminal past perhaps. Seems to have a very edgy character off of one vignette.

#581 ·
I liked the Wyatt promo a lot. :)

Anybody else noticed that annoying screaming person when Reigns did his promo?
God, that SUCKED!!! :lol (the screaming person)

The end of with Mahal/Bo Dallas looked really painfull lol.
How can you even tap out in that position! xD
I did. I confess it amused me a bit! That girl was screaming you suck every 10 seconds...

Crowd was on fire for Langston, and the guy has an ongoing feud with vicky: good for him, he will debut in 2013 after mania i guess.

Bray wyatt is back, and his "son" brodie lee did well. Here's a guy who can deliver a true black hole slam (you hear me batista, barrett)

Kassius ohno is less intimidating than kaithlyn.

#572 ·
NXT 11/7/2012

Features:
Kassius Ohno vs Trent Barretta
Big E. Langston vs Memo Montenegro (debut of Alberto Del Rio's brother)
Bray Wyatt debuts
Luke Harper aka Brodie Lee (debut) vs Jason Jordan
Jinder Mahal vs Bo Dallas vs Drew McIntyre vs Justin Gabriel

This was a good show overall but not must see. Lots of debuts here which makes for an exciting show and they finally seem to have a clear vision of where they are going. All of the matches here were fine.

Full review with pics/quotes/gifs in my blog.

Some shots from the show:

#574 ·
Not a great show. The Barretta/Ohno match was good. The Big E Langston stuff is alright but goes on too long. Wyatt's promo was not the standard I have come to expect from him, but the whole 'family' thing is a good way to go imo. Main event was terrible tbh. Took the best two workers out at the start.

#580 ·
Wyatt was awesome, as usual. Not much more you can say about this guy's mic work, he's just phenomenal and as Tyrion mentioned, having his creepy music playing in the background adds so much. He just has tremendous presence.

Only other thing of note this week was Corey Graves' hype video. He has a very unique look and I think he could have potential. Interested to see what they do with him.

#583 ·
Conor O'Brien going with the almost bald look now looks even more badass. Ascension is really coming together - I get a Eliminators vibe from them over and above their finisher. I wonder if Saturn has taken them under his wing while helping out with training.

Graves is a scrawny dude - needs to bulk up a bit. He has the look to make the big show though. Announcer botched the Fuller Lock call or should I say miscall.

No need for the Layla vs Aksana match.

Crowd is dead for Reigns. He might need some vignette help to get him over. Squashes aren't helping. Fans just don't care. All his posturing and screaming seems too scripted. Chase Donovan is going no where. He's in FCW as a solid jobber hand one has to figure.

I was hoping there would be a zoom out at the end of the Wyatt promo that would show many more people sitting on the hill listening to him - from the back and unidentifiable - but just hint at future numbers.

I don't know what the NXT booker sees in Mahal. Easy heel heat gimmick I guess.

#586 · (Edited)
I'm not even finished watchting yet but...

...DUDE!!
The Ascension are so great.. the tag thing and Camerons headbang to the kicks of O'Brian was so amazing! :lol
Today they were even more epic than usual. God.. how can you not love them..
I'll continue watching now.

Rest:
Wow, a "Your hair looks ugly!" line... how inventive guys! :punk
The first thing I noticed on the Graves vs. Gray match:
"YOU SUCK!!!!"-lady again. :rolleyes:
Fuck off you piece of... poo. Somebody should've started a "SHUT THE FUCK UP!" chant. Or "SUPERDRAGON!"
Match was okay as far as I remember but I got to admit I was distracted most of the time.
I should stop paying attention to that.

When Big E. came to the mic I was hoping they gave him something good to speak about. They didn't.
All hope was gone when he started "Five Five Five" as a "Feed me more" copy.
It's a shame because I think he could be a good powerful speaker. :)

Aksanas punches on the match were awful. I prefer NXT-Divas instead. Such a waste of space man. :/

Wyatt promo: (Y)

Bo Dallas/Mahal was better than expected. Liked it very much. :)

#590 ·
Wyatt's promo was good this week but his delivery still seemed a little off compared to how it was before, I'm guessing he's still feeling his way back into the role.

Big E Langston reminds me of something out of WCW with his promo style.
The first thing I noticed on the Graves vs. Gray match:
"YOU SUCK!!!!"-lady again. :rolleyes:
She is awful, I remember hearing her screaming in the background of Ambrose's promos on the old FCW.

#587 ·

Big E has a very weird facial and head structure. It's like his eyes are too small and his head is too broad and square.

Corey Graves look and gimmick are really good. His match wasn't anything special though, thypical heelish style tediously punishing his opponent with the aim of winning heat.

What's Bo Dallas point?

#589 ·
Bo Dallas is so bad it hurts. Charisma is something you have or you don't...if someone doesn't than why bother trying to develop them?

I get that the point is that the ascension just mudhole stomp people BUT they are in developmental and should be getting to be better workers and i just don't feel they are. If not, there gimmick will urn it's course. And its a shame cause i think O Bryan really looks like a main eventer

#591 ·
You know that game from PeeWee's Playhouse, back in the day - where if you said the word of the day, everybody screamed? I feel like on NXT, "respect" has become the new Word of the . . . forever.

This is my side-eye, Bo Dallas. I know you are very sad about missing out on being a Twilight Werewolf in the last movie, but try harder.

#593 · (Edited)
NXT 11/22/2012

Features:
Alicia Fox vs Paige
Big E. Langston vs Camacho
Bronon vs Nick Rogers
Luke Harper vs Mike Dalton
Kassius Ohno vs Richie Steamboat

Full review with pics/gifs/quotes in my blog.

Overall thoughts: I liked this show. I enjoy Bray Wyatt and Leo Kruger and I also don't mind Langston or Bronson. There was also no Bo Dallas, so that's a plus. A decent show overall that built some things for next time.

Some shots from the show:

#597 ·
Paige could be on the main roster today if she still wasn't underage. I liked her old lift ddt better though.

Big E Langston is a one-tune song, a one trick pony. I could see NXT putting the title on him as he seems to be the most over talent, but he needs to expand in-ring from squashes. I don't know if he'll have a long wwe career though given Henry will tower over him, as will other muscled up bigs like Ezekiel Jackson and Mason Ryan.

I like Bronson in-ring, but his character/backstory is lacking IMO. I think an ex-con gimmick would work better than an mma streetfighter. Needs to work on his look a bit, better ring gear to look more professional-level. Hoodie and esp the thumbs down pose could be trademarks of his if he ever gets to the wwe and gets over.

Mike Dalton is the Ziggler of NXT in that he can make anybody look good. Harper looked much better this week, and Wyatt in the rocking chair was a great visual.

Ohno vs Steamboat was a good match, the cravate-plex was badass. I like how Kassius is being billed as a very smart guy, it's a little different from the "he's demented and just liked to hurt people" heels that NXT seems to have too much of - Kruger, Wyatt/Harper, and Bronson alone on this one episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.