Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Happiest/Saddest/Angriest times of being a sports fan?
View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 09-13-2012, 05:53 AM
lisa12000
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: Happiest/Saddest/Angriest times of being a sports fan?

Happiest - Seeing England beat Scotland at Euro 96 at Wembley. I remember you had to apply for tickets for games prior to knowing the matches (it was before the draw) and i couldnt believe that i'd got England/Scotland tickets!! It was a magic day and a great game. My other one was seeing Derby finally win a play off final, and it being the first one at the new Wembley!!

Saddest - The following season from that play off final win where we got 1 WIN all bloody season!! God that was depressing!! On a personal level the Hillsborough disaster will stick with me as the saddest. As a young girl in my very early teens i loved Liverpool and so did my best friend who was a season ticket holder and her and her family managed to get three tickets. However, 1 couldn't go on that fateful day so she asked if i wanted the ticket. I, of course, said yes only to be ill that day. (fate?) She stood at the Leppings lane end of the ground, in that middle pen with her dad, and still wonders how she got out. She cant remember hardly any of it, but she had to have counselling for many years after and has never gone to another match. I believe she knew 2 or 3 people (just from going to games) who never made it home. The last couple of days really have brought those memories flooding back.

Angriest- THAT Sun headline. I knew it was lies right from the start, but shows how powerful the media still is that many people believed them. I hate The Sun with a passion and refuse to buy it!! On a footballing level! When Derby sold Tom Huddlestone to Spurs for a pittance i was bloody livid!! It was so idiotic as we were on the verge of promotion ourselves!! Also, on a smaller scale, being 5-2 in injury time in this year league cup only to lose on penalties after a 5-5 draw!!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome