Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

When CM Punk loses the WWE Championship, He will be a midcarder again

13K views 115 replies 93 participants last post by  DoubleDeckerBar 
#1 ·
well I think he will lose the wwe title to cena, may win it again before the year ends, but next year he will lose the title to the rock at royal, and he will be out of the main events i guaranteed that, orton need to be the wwe champion again, the ratings speaks for herselfes,

#27 ·
As much as WWE has invested in CM Punk, I highly doubt they will relegate him to obscurity. At best I see him carrying an upper midcard role, moreso heading into Wrestlemania since the top of the card will be so stacked. He'll fit comfortably into an occassional main event role ala Jericho, Benoit, Guerrero, etc. I do think that losing the title (in addition to his alliance with Heyman) will give his character a needed boost.

Just want to say that there is nothing wrong with being in the midcard BTW, don't why people use that as an insult.

#29 ·
Its so obvious some of you really hate Punk lol. No way he will be stuck a midcarder. So he is the after Cena in popularity so move him to midcarder lol. Wwe already has issue building legit maineventers so they are just going to waste Punks talent in the midcard. Of course whatever he does will come 2nd to Cena which is sad. Cant wait to hear in the future how awful the talent is once Cena is gone. they could have had him end ppvs wiyh his MoTY contenders instead let Cena play with Ace or whatever he did. Punk will be up their with Cena until he retires. The cream rises to the top right:hhh

#32 ·
No he won't. This ain't 2010 Punk anymore. This is legit Punk now. Whether heel or face, Punk is a main eventer, even if he hasn't been treated as one for months. However, WWE will do their damndest the second that belt comes off to make him the number three behind Cena and Sheamus. Hell, maybe even behind Orton but unlikely right now. Either way, Punk will lose some status but not a whole lot to make him a midcarder.

#33 ·
How many people have talked up the lack of ratings during CM Punk's reign.
You do realise it takes more than 1 person to spike ratings? You have 2-3 hours of raw and Punk is on Raw for 15-25mins. Now if it was Punk on the screen for the full show then it would be his fault but he's not.

Do you think more people would watch Raw than before because he's champion? You see the same amount of CM Punk as you would if he wasn't champion. What difference does the title make?

Do you think ratings will spike if Cena wins the title? You'll still see the same amount of Cena on screen as you would now. Nothing changed by who holds the championship.

A good show of 3 hours = ratings
Good booking = ratings
Good angles = ratings
1 man appearing for 25mins= irrelevant

#34 ·
This man has a video game that he's on the cover on. Has a big DVD coming out the same month the game is coming out which means tons of promo. The top heel pool is thin as fuck and if he ever turned back face he'd be back to being number 2 or 1B to John Cena's 1A. So yeah wouldn't make a whole lot of sense.

#41 ·
I think we are underestimating how over punk is. Did you see what happened when they mistreated Daniel Bryan. It would be just as bad if the wwe noticeably buried punk. Honestly, I have little reason to watch the main event if cena got the title and faced heels with no credibility. I think they will move punk to the main event on smack down and have Sheamus on raw. Have punk carry the b show for a while after this years wrestlemania

Sent from my iPhone using VS Free

#45 ·
so most people here are assuming cena will win the goddamn rumble? I desperately hope not. what a waste it would be.

#49 ·
CM Punk will be fine until at least WrestleMania, what with the feud with the Rock and all. However WrestleMania's card will be very top-heavy and the absolute best he could hope for is the #3 match, and even that's probably pushing it. So that'll probably do a bit to his position.

He's at least equal to Randy Orton whether he's champ or not, and he will stay top 5 in the company. They invested a full year into his push, way more than Miz or those other guys, basically him and Sheamus are set for the rest of their careers.

#51 ·
#1. C.M. Punk will not lose the WWE Championship Sunday.

#2. They have finally found the perfect compliment to Cena at the top of the "MAIN EVENT." Yes, that needed to be capitalized. Batista doesn't count because he was the #2 face for so long and then left after one feud. Edge was always Cena's best compliment until last summer when they finally figured out Punk as the antithesis of everything Cena is and they tried Orton and despite my admiration for Orton's in ring stuff, he failed at that spot because like Batista, he was just to similar to Cena and didn't do as well of a job.

Also when you are the company's top heel, that means you get the belt and not just any belt, you get the World/WWE strap and that pretty much solidifies you as a Main Eventer unless you are as brutally boring as Del Rio is, or they significantly screw up your booking like they did to Miz.

Cena and Punk are the legitimate Main Eventers and Orton, Sheamus, Bryan, a rising Dolph and Del Rio (and to a lesser extent Kane and the Big Show) are the real true Upper Mid Carders, everybody else is below. Fact is that even if Punk was never the last match, he was in either the most important match with Cena, or the second most important match. If Cena isn't in the ME time slot on an episode of Monday Night Raw, than who is? Who Main Evented the 1000th Episode of Monday Night Raw and whose heel turn was the ending of the program?

Sorry for the rant, I COULD have went on, but you get the idea.

#52 ·
When was the last time Randy Orton was actually entertaining?....Go ahead......I'll wait.....Exactly.....LOL.....Oh, and Punk going back to the mid-card after the Royal Rumble?.....Him being aliegned with Heyman, I see him being in the main event atleast til Wrestlemania, if not, longer.......

YOUR WELCOME.

#MillionsOfDollas

#53 ·
When was the last time Randy Orton was actually entertaining?....Go ahead......I'll wait.....Exactly.....LOL.....Oh, and Punk going back to the mid-card after the Royal Rumble?.....Him being aliegned with Heyman, I see him being in the main event atleast til Wrestlemania, if not, longer.......

YOUR WELCOME.

#MillionsOfDollas

#55 ·
I think Punk, Cena, and Sheamus are the only legit main eventers at the moment. WWE needs a top heel BAD and unfortunately, it had to be Punk but Punk is a great fit regardless because he makes everything look good for the most part. I also agree that Punk is the anti-Cena just as much as Cena is the anti-Punk. They make each other look at their best and step their games up.

#56 · (Edited)
Really? CM Punk a midcarder? A guy who's in the top merchandise sellers in WWE in every section, adults, children, women, etc? He doesn't make as much money as Cena, but from what I've heard, it's pretty damn close.

You really think WWE would de-push their #2 money maker?
And someone who now is in the top 10 longest WWE Reigning Champions ever?

Plus, there's no credible competition at all for Cena in RAW, unless Orton or Sheamus get drafted. They need Punk in the main event.

#57 ·
For those who keep talking about lengthy title reigns... JBL became a midcarder until his retirement in 2006 once he put John Cena over in their "I Quit" match. Punk is not immune to becoming a midcarder. If Miz was taken down that far after beating John Cena in the MAIN EVENT of WRESTLEMANIA, anything is possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.