Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - NFL Thread: RAVENS SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

View Single Post

Old 09-12-2012, 04:45 PM   #1551 (permalink)
Von Doom
GOAT

Von Doom probably won't be missedVon Doom probably won't be missedVon Doom probably won't be missedVon Doom probably won't be missedVon Doom probably won't be missedVon Doom probably won't be missedVon Doom probably won't be missedVon Doom probably won't be missedVon Doom probably won't be missedVon Doom probably won't be missedVon Doom probably won't be missed
Default Re: NFL Thread: Week 2 - Peyton is gonna Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMister View Post
Also, Thomas's big play TD was because of great execution/blocking and a fine read by Peyton Manning. Any speedy WR would've scored there.

This isn't to say Thomas isn't good though, because he definitely is.
We got lucky with a non-holding call on Zane Beadles, I could see it as the play was happening so it took me a while to celebrate, other than that you're right. That's the thing with Thomas he has massive big play potential. Decker is more of the possession receiver out of the two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMister View Post
See Thomas could see more coverage, opening it up for Tamme, Decker, and Stokely. McGahee could be more involved too, but I'm not sure how good the Falcons are at stopping the run. Basically, Peyton is going to adjust to whatever they give him. It's what he does. He's the best I've ever seen at doing this too. He's his own OC.
I think they're more likely to cover Decker, early on him and Tamme seem to be Manning's go-to guys. They'd be stupid to leave a dud covering DT obviously, but if they double cover him, Manning will target Decker. It's once they start covering Decker that Thomas will bring out some huge plays.

I agree about Manning too. The way he commands the offense is just an absolute joy to behold. The way he owned Polamalu at the line on Sunday is unlike anything I've ever seen before.

Sig courtesy of CHAMPviaDQ

Last edited by Von Doom : 09-12-2012 at 04:48 PM.