Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Official DVD/Match/Show Discussion Thread

2M views 21K replies 512 participants last post by  Starbuck 
#1 ·
#5,961 · (Edited)
Just watched Beyond The Mat again I still can't stop laughing at that scene when Rock is obviously trying to get himself in the spotlight with foley and the kids backstage and Austin walks past and just notices and walks over to them and Rock suddenly acts like a nervous dog and steps to one side with a face like a kid told no Austin a badass back then and always :lmao
Huh? Rock was talking to the kids and Shane and then Austin came up to say hi. Rock wasn't scared, why the hell would he be?

#5,963 ·
I have them all on my desk right now. :vince2
Stop rubbing it in my face. :mad: That aside, the Vince pic never fails to crack me up! :vince2

Rock/Cena doc download has 20 mins left. Looking forward to watching it after all the little previews this week. The actual feud itself can go fuck though lol.
I'll download it in the weekend when I get the time and patience for it! The backstage stuff seem to be really interesting.

#5,967 ·
So I've started watching previous episodes. I'm starting from July 7th 1997 but now I have just finished watching the show before Summerslam 1997. It seems like these 4 weeks prior to Summerslam was all about USA vs Canada lol (Team Canada defeating USA in a flag match and now the Patriot beats Bret Hart). I still don't know the results of Summerslam except for Owen Hart vs Austin as that's the match Austin gets injured.

By the way, does anyone why the German wrestler (I forgot his name) failed in the WWE/F? He still hasn't made his debut yet (Probably after Summerslam) but so far they are showing promos of him.

#5,970 ·
I saw it on XWT (torrent site).
thanks for the site, but saw it and registrations have closed :no:. cant believe i never knew about this site, just used TPB for everything

#5,973 · (Edited)
Just got through with the Rock/Cena doc. It is very backstagey, sorry, Cal. Lol. I don't know. It was a good watch but the part I found most interesting was the bit about Cena's reactions, how it effects him, his opinions on it and the opinions of others. That bit was interesting. They also talked about how Cena was an experiment, how he wasn't supposed to be the guy but he got the ball and never let go. They did go quite deep about the personal aspect of it for both of them although too much time was spent talking about fucking twitter and trending imo. It's still worth a watch though and they show footage of backstage at Wrestlemania before and after their match with them hugging Vince and each other etc which is pretty cool. Cena said that the match was a legitimate GOAT debate, as in, the 2 of them were fighting to cement their place in the GOAT discussion and he didn't win but he wants another shot. As usual, Jericho and HHH were very insightful. These 2 guys just know their shit lol.

And I got the link from the Home Media section here on the forum for those interested.

Watching the Extras part now.

EDIT - The Extras are alright. Both Cena and Rock are very classy guys though which is always nice to see. Again Cena talks about the reactions and boos he gets. I find it interesting to hear him talk on the subject lol. He also says that he never wants to go and that he's going to have to be told when his last match is rather than choose it himself. I WILL NEVR RETIR DURR.

#5,974 ·
Just got through with the Rock/Cena doc. It is very backstagey, sorry, Cal. Lol. I don't know. It was a good watch but the part I found most interesting was the bit about Cena's reactions, how it effects him, his opinions on it and the opinions of others. That bit was interesting. They also talked about how Cena was an experiment, how he wasn't supposed to be the guy but he got the ball and never let go. They did go quite deep about the personal aspect of it for both of them although too much time was spent talking about fucking twitter and trending imo. It's still worth a watch though and they show footage of backstage at Wrestlemania before and after their match with them hugging Vince and each other etc which is pretty cool. Cena said that the match was a legitimate GOAT debate, as in, the 2 of them were fighting to cement their place in the GOAT discussion and he didn't win but he wants another shot. As usual, Jericho and HHH were very insightful. These 2 guys just know their shit lol.

And I got the link from the Home Media section here on the forum for those interested.

Watching the Extras part now.

EDIT - The Extras are alright. Both Cena and Rock are very classy guys though which is always nice to see. Again Cena talks about the reactions and boos he gets. I find it interesting to hear him talk on the subject lol. He also says that he never wants to go and that he's going to have to be told when his last match is rather than choose it himself. I WILL NEVR RETIR DURR.
all of those links tell me i need to have a premium account or some shit on their site

#5,977 ·
I took it from the German one, UtoUpload or whatever it's called. You don't need to be a member for that.
thanks, guess i missed those links.

#5,979 ·
Sting/Hogan from Starrcade. Yeah I know it sucked but I was 8 years old and Sting finally beat Hogan for title.

Probably didn't mark out as hard as when Luger took it from Hogan on Nitro but it I did order that PPV and Sting winning was a pretty crazy moment.

I would have thrown some money at it (enough to get the DVD as a reward), but I'm broke. Ah well, at least I was able to give some to Nigel for his set (can't wait for that to be finish :mark:. Though not expecting it until next year now tbh).
I can't wait to see Nigel's documentary. I think I only gave like $5 but I'm glad I did something.

The ECW should be pretty cool. If they make the premiere a real event to go to I will all over that since I go to school in Philly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.