Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - General Gaming Discussion
View Single Post
post #8299 of (permalink) Old 09-11-2012, 11:07 AM
JohnTheRevelator
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: General Gaming Discussion

I just wanted to finally use this meme, I can't use it in real life. Sorry, Near, nothing personal.

Anyways, just finished I Am Alive. It says that it took me 4 hours and 35 minutes and I got 93% on my final score. This game is terrible from a technical standpoint, clunky controls, extremely dated engine, ugly graphics, might be even worse than New Vegas in these terms. Once I glitched in the environment and got stuck, had to restard from the previous checkpoint. Combat is passable at best. I was intrigued by the game, since I saw the mixed reviews it got, 4.5 from IGN and 8 from Gamespot, I think the score the game deserves is between those scores, a 6/10, nothing more. It's a flawed game, but somehow, it gets enough things right to keep you interested. You kinda feel like Bear Grylls in it, you have areas to explore and loot, loot is really limited and you have to know how and when to use it. The game doesn't hold your hand on how to do things, of course, there's always a main story mission that you can see on the map, but you have to find the way there on your own. You can venture off and explore the limited excessable places the city has and help/save survivors, it really depends on you how you play it. You can be a scumbag or you can be Mother Teressa. It's an interesting game, unique in it's own way, I'd recommend it to people who are fans of survival games in which the only person who you can count on is yourself.

Last edited by JohnTheRevelator; 09-11-2012 at 01:58 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome