Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tennis Discussion Thread

244K views 7K replies 141 participants last post by  Nige™ 
#1 ·

Hot off the heels of an amazing French Open, the men and women now turn to the grass courts of Wimbledon. Can Rafa continue with his momentum, or can Novak wrestle it back? Can Federer rise up and collect another slam? Can Murray get a breakthrough slam in front of his home crowd? Will there be a darkhorse shocker like Tomic :side: to come through and take the world by storm?

I'm thoroughly looking forward to this event, it's my favourite slam and I'm really hoping to see some great tennis on display. As far as the ladies go, you'd have to think Sharapova, Kvitova, Serena, Azarenka etc will all be in the mix, Stosur a slight chance provided she doesn't choke it up in monumental fashion, and well, who knows with the women, Wozniacki might even break through and break her duck.

June 25th, can't come soon enough.

See less See more
#2,977 · (Edited)
I'll be shocked if he doesn't win it. Although Brands is playing well, and is a dangerous player when he is, so if he gets past Gasquet then it could be difficult for Ferrer i9f Ferrer gets through too.

King Kei is playing tonight against Dolgopolov. Cmon Kei!!!

#2,978 ·
King Kei wins 6-4,7-6. :D. Had his knee taped though, which is quite worrying. Hopefully it's just precautionary. Semi final against Murray is next for Kei, so that should be interesting. He's in a no lose situation here. if he loses then he loses to one of the best players in the game today, and if he wins he beats one of the best players currently and advances to the final.

Slava and Goerges won doubles again today, and are in the final tonight. Slava & Julia could make a great doubles team i reckon.

#2,980 ·
Ferrer will still beat him though i reckon

Interesting match starting soon between Cilic and Paire. Paire was fantastic yesterday, and when on that form is very dangerous

#2,981 ·
Robson vs Stephens in the first round of Hobart next week. Two of the young players facing each other, should be interesting. Slava needs to sue this tournament to find form for the Aussie open

#2,986 ·
If he wins against Gasquet then he gets into the seeding positions.

Slava plays doubles final soon. It's streamed too, so i can watch it. If she wins doubles and Kei wins tonight then that would be awesome

#2,990 ·
Well she can't make it more obvious :lol

She's mentally weak, and that won't change, but she's also got no confidence atm. She's not even been playing at a top 50 level consistently recently. She needs to gain some confidence more than anything atm, and i'm hoping a doubles title will help in some way. It's not the same as singles i know, but anything to start building confidence.

#2,992 ·
Hamstring injury. I think he'll make the Aussie open, i just think he's missing Sydney which is good news.

Slava and Julia lost in doubles :( Played well in the first, but dropped off after that and Black raised her game.

#2,995 ·
Kei retired against Murray due to knee injury.

He was doing well before his knee started giving him problems, and then he was forced to retire. Such a shame :(

Murray faces Dimitrov in the final tonight. Serena has just battered another player, and it was an in form Pavlyuchenkova :lol

#2,996 · (Edited)
Davydenko's good run is over. Gasquet defeats him 3-6,7-6,6-3 in the final of Doha

Anyone seen the Hobart draw. Talk about a field full of inconsistent players and headcases, worst of which is Slava.

(1)Hsieh v Peng
Niculescu v Q
Jovanovski v Medina Garrigues
Flipkens v (6)Schiavone

(3)Zakopalova v Babos
Pironkova v Begu
Scheepers v Cornet
(wc)Barty v (7)Pavlyuchenkova

(5)Suarez Navarro v Govortsova
(wc)Gajdosova v Oprandi
Q v Vesnina
Dominguez Lino v (4)Shvedova

(8)Stephens v Robson
Q v Halep
Q v (wc)Bobusic
Barthel v (2)Cirstea

#2,998 ·
Pavs has withdrawn so thats one less headcase in the draw. It's impossible to predict who is going to win that because most of those players can win it if they play well. But thats the big thing, 'If' they play well.

#3,000 ·
She's withdrawn due to her playing Brisbane final.

I'm going to say Barthel, but i'm not confident in that.

If Shvedova doesn't do good here, then i fully give up in beliveing she'll come good, because there will be no hope of her having a good season in this form. Plus she's got points to defend by the time RG rolls around.

I thought she'd finish top 20 this year, but i seriously doubt that unless she picks up form soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.