Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official Undertaker WM Streak Thread - No Other Threads

View Single Post

Old 09-11-2012, 02:58 AM   #625 (permalink)
The Pied Piper
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER

The Pied Piper 501 - 1000The Pied Piper 501 - 1000The Pied Piper 501 - 1000The Pied Piper 501 - 1000The Pied Piper 501 - 1000The Pied Piper 501 - 1000The Pied Piper 501 - 1000The Pied Piper 501 - 1000
Default Re: Official Undertaker WM Streak Thread - No Other Threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by murder View Post
That's right. Taker has never beaten the top guy in the company. This is why its shocking to me that the Streak has so much hype surrounding it. He never beat Hogan, Austin, Rock, Andre (obviously), Goldberg, Sting, HHH, Savage, Hart, Cena, Warrior at Mania (to name a few). He also has never beaten the man who has the most victories over him at Mania, Mick Foley.

But I didn't get it back in WCW as well when Goldberg had beaten about 100 jobbers and under/midcarders. Until he beat Hogan, the streak didn't mean anything to me. And when you beat Hogan clean for the world title, you don't need to have a streak to be over.

No disrespect to Taker and Goldberg, by the way. Both guys are two of the biggest draws ever, but I don't think it's because of their resp. streak. It's because of their charisma, gimmick, look, moves, and just larger than life presence that they became huge huge stars.

Crimson and Tatanka had year long streaks as well, so.
Wrestlemania 17, 27, and 28, check it out for yourself.

and as for the rest of the names you mentioned, it was because Vince had a boner seeing talentless big men so he wanted to push them by pitting them with Taker at 5 different Wrestlemania (9, 11, 15, 19, and 22) instead of pitting Taker against REAL main eventers.
The Pied Piper is offline   Reply With Quote