Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tennis Discussion Thread

244K views 7K replies 141 participants last post by  Nige™ 
#1 ·

Hot off the heels of an amazing French Open, the men and women now turn to the grass courts of Wimbledon. Can Rafa continue with his momentum, or can Novak wrestle it back? Can Federer rise up and collect another slam? Can Murray get a breakthrough slam in front of his home crowd? Will there be a darkhorse shocker like Tomic :side: to come through and take the world by storm?

I'm thoroughly looking forward to this event, it's my favourite slam and I'm really hoping to see some great tennis on display. As far as the ladies go, you'd have to think Sharapova, Kvitova, Serena, Azarenka etc will all be in the mix, Stosur a slight chance provided she doesn't choke it up in monumental fashion, and well, who knows with the women, Wozniacki might even break through and break her duck.

June 25th, can't come soon enough.

See less See more
#2,824 ·
Most Improved Player (mens): Jerzy Janowicz
Most Improved Player (womens): Sara Errani

Most Disappointing Player (mens): Donald Young
Most Disappointing Player (womens): Caroline Wozniacki

Comeback Player of the Year (mens): Tommy Haas
Comeback Player of the Year (Womens):Venus Williams

I can't pick sportmanship award.

#2,829 ·
Yeah thats the problem with Wimbledon tickets.

ATP tour finals are easier to get tickets, and there is a certainty of watching some of the best tennis players in the world.

I' going US Open and slight chance of going AUssie maybe,
How can yuo afford to go to Australian and US :lol. Flights, tickets, hotels must cost a bit of money

#2,832 ·
Tickets will be more expensive and harder to get. I need to get to one of the earlier ones if there are any before June seeing as I hope to be in Melbourne for the start of June for 8/9 months, and after the Australian Open I can come back, well hopefully not as it'd defeat the purpose of me going there in the first place to get out of this shit country.

#2,837 ·
Madrid's very tempting but Barcelona is a strong possibility too. I've been to Barcelona before though, a long time ago, and I would like to see Madrid.

It all depends on when I go to Melbourne though really. Ideally I want to go out in March/April and Madrid could fit in with that. It all depends on if Blackburn are chasing promotion. If they are I'll have to stay until the end of the season. I can't go anywhere if there's promotion/play offs are on the cards. Then there's the AFL season to consider with the team I support paying the top 7 teams in the first 7 weeks of the season starting mid-late March. The conflict is so annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.