Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Rest In Peace Phillip Hughes 1988-2014 (Cricket Discussion)
View Single Post
post #27 of (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 04:42 AM
NORRIS COLE'S HAIRY FANNY TICKLER
Ben Wyatt's Low Cal Calzone Zone

NORRIS COLE'S HAIRY FANNY TICKLER's Avatar

Location: Golfing with Stephen Hawking, he lied about his handicap. Didn't need a golf cart though, I just sat in his lap.
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: Cricket Discussion Thread

Nothing beats the Ashes, whether that's TV or being in the ground live. 5 tests each played over 5 days, the feeling that a game can change in an instant through sublime batting or world class bowling, England bantering with the Aussies over 'We all shagged Kylie' and them being a land of convicts, beer flowing by the over, a party atmosphere and some terrific players trying to win the biggest series in cricket. To me whether its at Lords/Headingley/Old Trafford or Sydney/Melbourne/Gabba it just defines cricket. Everytime it comes around its the one series my Dad is invested in enough to want to go out of his way to get a ticket for us both to go watch it, the only other series that come close would be a home game vs South Africa or maybe India at somewhere like Old Trafford/Trent Bridge/Edgbaston/Headingley which aren't overly far.

Anytime T20 is announced he just watches it on TV, its fun to watch but there's no real emotional attachment to actually want to fork money and travel down to the game. Its something that can bring people into cricket for sure, but its really only catering to the people who won't watch Test Cricket because 'its too slow' and just want quicker and more 'entertaining' cricket.

Test Cricket matters whoever England play in our family, T20 and even One Dayers are something that will still have us supporting England....but not really bothered when its all said and done. There's more relief/jubilation at winning a close and tight Test match/series than strolling through 5 One Dayers and 20/20 matches.

Just my stance.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome